Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    dafuq? lands make this game more interesting and totally change deck building strategies. now you want to just kill them? really?
    +1
    This is only people that refuse adapt to play with locations... that's the problem.
    The game have a new tipe of card, and you should use it, or config your game for counter.
    Is like play with only allies and refuse add weapons/armors/artifacts or any counter vs them.
    If you dont add in your deck weapon removal, any player with weapon will have adventage, this is the same.

Now Ignore locations factor= inconsistent deck. That's all
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-07-2016 at 09:32 PM.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you can still use it if it had sustain. you just need to make some sacrifice and think twice. i hope they will reveal some changes. it would be good i think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    This. I guess now that Fireball should deal 4 damage to my opponent on my next turn, or that Enrage should give me +10 hp come my next turn, or that Retreat! should let me return an ally to its owner's hand on my next turn.
    this is a terrible comparison, as fireball takes 3 resources to play, lands cost 0, besides deckspace, and often offer a simular effect, some with an extra cost on top, some without, perhaps just make this so for the lands that have no cost in their ability.
    TJ Burn

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Land should have a casting cost like anything else. Otherwise be balanced appropriately for 0 cost.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I like the concept of lands as it is and it's probably to soon to start making prognostics.
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn All View Post
    this is a terrible comparison, as fireball takes 3 resources to play, lands cost 0, besides deckspace, and often offer a simular effect, some with an extra cost on top, some without, perhaps just make this so for the lands that have no cost in their ability.
    So would you rather garina coming back as a 5 cost card that lets you play an ally for free? or even 6 or 7 cost?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn All
    Your original post was more about their instantaneous effects more than their cost, so that's what I was addressing, but if that's your point that they should cost something for being instantaneous I can understand that. I still don't think it fits just based on the idea of what a Location is and the idea of going to one just like going to a place IRL, but I get your point.

My main point still is though that we are still less than a week into this set being released and already there are so many threads about nerfing these cards and how they are messing things up, and blah blah blah. Like I said before, give it time for the DT to balance things further if they so chose; and most importantly, adapt your own strategies to counter these Locations or include your own Locations to make use of these new strategies yourself. No one is saying you can't use them too. It's like if there was some new piece of sports equipment that allowed a player to move faster or throw harder or something. It would be unfair if only one player or team got to use this new technology, but if everyone could use it, that would be fair. It would change the game for sure, but still fair for everyone.

And like I said before, if the DT wanted the game and meta stay the same, they wouldn't create new cards at all. And I don't think any SE player wants that.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    of course both players can use location and they can overwrite each other. but with location decks it seems now the game is like a race to who can get their location combo up first will win. and no not always but many times. it used to be that you can be behind but still turn things around. now those chances are much smaller because when a location is played it is many times followed by a string of combos and then that player has complete control over the board and you are struggling to get back. even if you can remove the location or play over it the board has been lost. this was seen with garina and the t4 nathaniel+fatty combo. so yes locations are easily countered but the board is lost so that doesnt help you much. and you can use your next turn to try and take down enemy allies but you will be way behind anyway. you understand what i mean? so now its like a race who can get their location combo first. i dont like that style of playing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ♫ This land is your land, this land is my land, from California to the... ♫

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    ♫ This land is your land, this land is my land, from California to the... ♫
    (if I remember correctly from elementary school)

♫... New York islands. This land was made for you and me!♫
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel