Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: aldmor tribe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    Fortana vs. trevorJacobs: he has so many beasties out, but just can't do anything about stealth, even when the combo doesn't work that well
    trevorJacobs vs. KA stonecold: case study in the perfect combo - all the pieces in by T4 = unstoppable
    trevorJacobs vs. TJ Burn: at least it stops the annoying Garina Road Lanceicon deck!
    at least one player with some sense. thank you thats very helpful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    of course, all people who disagree with you don't have sense.
    I watched those games:
    1st was vs 55c Rothem, so he was destined to win. He actually had crappy draw, but was saved by topdecking shadowfonts.
    2nd - T1 child, T2 apprentice, T3 scout. This is perfect setup and hard to beat, same as when rushmage starts with kriss, familiar and potl/aldon. still he could have lost
    3rd is the funniest, because he was actually playing vs garina Lance, which was supposed to be very op, and yet he beat it, how is that possible?
    All games had one thing in common - opp didn't have groundshift, which is the perfect counter. When moon is meta, you gotta be prepared vs moon. Also in all games he had scout out by T3 and in two of them, he had aldmor acc at T4, which is quite a good draw. He could have lost all of them, maybe you should watch it before saying he makes sense.

I've beaten aldmor moon with Badu, Ythan(!), Lance, Garth. I played aldmor moon and got my ass kicked couple of times. Aldmor are not OP, they have great synergy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As Trevor mentioned, I am playing Aldmor, with Rothem and Raika.

I play large decks, so my opinion might not be completely relevant.

I don't think the tribe is overpowered. Not even close to twilight.

A lot of things need to fall into place. Synergy is good, but there are a lot of situations that crush Aldmor.

If things work perfectly, against certain decks, Aldmor will win. But there are many standard counters.

Don't freak out, people.

Play some games with the Aldmor tribe. That will teach you how to play against them.

They actually take some intelligence and skill to play. Not spamming fireballs, garina road, or fire snake.

Firesnake is OP! Nerf!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    I dont know why im even trying to explain this but : Meta changes = your deck needs changing. you come here talking about a tribe with great surviving problems wanting to nerf half of it .... Admor suck after losing the board control. almost no way to regain. Thats why ppl play sth like MS trying to have a good start and survive long enough to seal the game. Its not sth unlikely to happen if played right, but definitely not op . Then, suddenly, all players but 5 have no sense just because their opinion doesnt help you. Change your decks according to things you find "op" instead of asking for a nerf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mindy, where is your twilight nerf thread? I'll agree with that one.
    I like pie, Shadow Era, and you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NestMegatron View Post
    Mindy, where is your twilight nerf thread? I'll agree with that one.
    i havent made one yet but please you do. i think they need a nerf too obivously. avatar bringing back 3 allies is too much maybe 2 is enough. scriptures should be limit 3 cards. and luminary should at most have activated ability of haste and not passive ability of haste. thank you all for lively discussion. even though some posts were not appropriate i think its good to bring this powerful tribe to attention and the needed change of some cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    trevorJacobs vs AP KingBradley is another example. Totally stopped elementalis doing anything.

Agree about meta changing and groundshift etc. Just sad that it becomes 'rock paper scissors' in that instance: I beat you unless you have the card that stops me. Not very interesting... But not OP.

Re: topdecking, I don't agree: once Apprentice is out, I can draw shadow font, accelerator, child, or seek another apprentice to keep going. Not really that lucky...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The only change i would suggest is swapping defender for protector, other than that, let them be.
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    trevorJacobs vs AP KingBradley is another example. Totally stopped elementalis doing anything.
    Re: topdecking, I don't agree: once Apprentice is out, I can draw shadow font, accelerator, child, or seek another apprentice to keep going. Not really that lucky...
    child & apprentice would mean that chieftain would die (he had curse of aldmor). only thing that was saving you was font, which you had 18% chance of drawing, that is topdecking.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortana View Post
    ... Synergy is good
    Yes it is indeed, it's what makes all decks fun, and makes the game worth playing. I don't mean to speak about just Aldmor here and their "too goodness", just a thought about how good it is to have new cards and new opportunities to explore other synergies be they too powerful or too weak the exploration is refreshing. It is a game after all and not the end of the world, these changes the game goes through. But to listen to some you'd think it was the proverbial EOTW - here's a tip "it's not"

Aldmor neutral very cool everyone gets to use them so they favor no one and every one. Very toolboxy yes and strong (both new seek cards for this tribe and twilight's are strong, all "Tutors" are strong in some way. The haste one for the uncommon with seek is very strong on it's own - all day long). The Scout, a Rare, has great synergy with this tribe, the Aldmor and is multi useful. I believe overall balancing will take place but there is a lot of room for growth with the first cut of cards from this new release. Anyway these guys are great and can hold their own with the Undead the Wulven the Twilight the Ravagers the Templar the Hunters the Rogues the Elemental the Homs or any other clan. Who did I leave out? the Humans? @#$&! them...

Twilight's continue to meanwhile carve out power that looks to be tops facing all synergies. I'm excited about new cards this whole year, very cool and way faster. The Balance boo-hoos always take place so it's good to see it all underway.