Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: aldmor tribe

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    409
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tafkad View Post
    both new seek cards for this tribe and twilight's are strong
    yes very wise and also the exact same point i am thinking about. the two strongests tribes are twilight and aldmor and thats no coinsidence why? because they have seek abilities. not many are playing ravagers why? thats right because they dont have seek for them. i think the core problem is the seek ability. if they want to keep it than it needs more drawbacks and cost.

  2. #32
    Senior Member tafkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    EARTH
    Posts
    615
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    i think the core problem is the seek ability. if they want to keep it than it needs more drawbacks and cost.
    Problem or challenge, I think you like them them so I will guess the latter. It may need tweaking but honestly it would be good to see just how good/bad something is first to have a better all around picture how to tweak it without making it uninteresting. I knew these guys were strong out of the box, not twilight strong but close and somehow better because neutral. Like in other words what hero can't you use Scout with? I think you get it cause you're smart.

    It is nice to see your enthusiasm for the game, it's why I say Yes to it's future.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Bazzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    214
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NestMegatron View Post
    Ok, you are really starting to upset me. Aldmor are very cool but not very good and easily countered. I have a extensive list of note I took with the Aldmor deck and would be happy to show you a picture on telegram. Groundshift, tidal, and supernova all make this deck weak.
    true i have defeated aldmor decks. they are good with moonstalker because he keeps them alive. if you havent noticed aldmor requires certain set up. so not much happening in the first 3 turns. they are counterable especially if you have cards like wide spread decay.
    leader of the exiled ones
    honor is overrated

    Want to join?come to our forums:http://theexiledones.freeforums.net

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,235
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    yes very wise and also the exact same point i am thinking about. the two strongests tribes are twilight and aldmor and thats no coinsidence why? because they have seek abilities. not many are playing ravagers why? thats right because they dont have seek for them. i think the core problem is the seek ability. if they want to keep it than it needs more drawbacks and cost.
    You forgot Homunculi, their seek is on their 2cc ally.

    On another note, have you tried running the Location that exiles all 3cc or less allies? Completely kills Aldmor.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

    Long live the Queen...

  5. #35
    Senior Member Umbra7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arizona, USA. (Gmt -7)
    Posts
    875
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    yes very wise and also the exact same point i am thinking about. the two strongests tribes are twilight and aldmor and thats no coinsidence why? because they have seek abilities. not many are playing ravagers why? thats right because they dont have seek for them. i think the core problem is the seek ability. if they want to keep it than it needs more drawbacks and cost.
    Did you really just try to tell people why they aren't playing ravagers...you didn't even do a good job of it either. Ravagers are being played mind you, but seek has nothing to do with their lack of usage. Wulven and undead dont have seek either, yet you still see plenty of usage out of them. Seek is a good mechanic to be implemented. Let go of your metathesiophobia, change is a good thing.

    Anyways, the aldmor are nice ti play with yes. Moonstalker aldmor was one of the first two decks i started playing with day 1. Their strength comes not from the consistancy of one or two combos, but the ambiguity within all of their combos. I dont need specific cards to win, i have to play with skill and be fully aware of everything thwyre capable of. I won a few games without ever drawing a single scout or darklight apprentice. I won games without drawing most of my artifacts or artisan. Seek is not what makes them strong or consistant, their power comes from all the different possibilities theyre capable of. That being said, it is FAR too soon to tell if theyre OP. I can tell you from firsthand experience that a single groundshift can cost me the entire game. A VERY cheap and accesible card, and one that is super versatile, i truly dont inderstand why people aren't playing it. My a assumption is they just dont know yet, but given time and popularity i will predict aldmor will fall hard without any nerfs given, and you may even start seeing buff threads. I do think haste was a nit mych for scout yes, i said that when he was first spoiled on his card discussion thread.

    The twilights however are a monster demon cult that should be cast back into the fiery embers of the hell from which they came! (dramatic much?)
    Twilights were the other tribe i was playing with since day one, with the sole purpose of getting avatar, luminary, and the draw engine all nerfed. You once again claim seek is oh so powerful, and the bane of the meta, and the reason these two tribes are so OP, however i didnt even use the twilight location for the longest time, and still didnt lose a match. I barely ever used luminary for seek either. The matches i lost were due to the twilight bug....so i dont count those ones. But i was consistantly winning off an overpowered draw engine, every ally being hasted, and abusing luminary being pulled from the grave with avatar. I could easily buff avatar to 5 attack and using ythans ability, rain down unholy death upon the enemy. 6 health allies died because of twilight orific (the only twilight i actually like).

    In order to back your claims of "this is the reason _____ is overpowered" you need to have proof from testing. And any time you test a hypothesis, you need a control group. My testing involves using and not using certain cards, and from my experience i can personally tell you it isnt the seek ability that is making things op.

    TL;DR. Seek isnt broken. Aldmor will see less use when people start realising how amazing groundshift is. Twilights are an overpowered cult, and we need to band together to destroy them at any cost.
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

    Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight


    IGN: BP Umbra Nox

  6. #36
    Senior Member Anasia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    218
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Did you really just try to tell people why they aren't playing ravagers...you didn't even do a good job of it either. Ravagers are being played mind you, but seek has nothing to do with their lack of usage. Wulven and undead dont have seek either, yet you still see plenty of usage out of them. Seek is a good mechanic to be implemented. Let go of your metathesiophobia, change is a good thing.

    Anyways, the aldmor are nice ti play with yes. Moonstalker aldmor was one of the first two decks i started playing with day 1. Their strength comes not from the consistancy of one or two combos, but the ambiguity within all of their combos. I dont need specific cards to win, i have to play with skill and be fully aware of everything thwyre capable of. I won a few games without ever drawing a single scout or darklight apprentice. I won games without drawing most of my artifacts or artisan. Seek is not what makes them strong or consistant, their power comes from all the different possibilities theyre capable of. That being said, it is FAR too soon to tell if theyre OP. I can tell you from firsthand experience that a single groundshift can cost me the entire game. A VERY cheap and accesible card, and one that is super versatile, i truly dont inderstand why people aren't playing it. My a assumption is they just dont know yet, but given time and popularity i will predict aldmor will fall hard without any nerfs given, and you may even start seeing buff threads. I do think haste was a nit mych for scout yes, i said that when he was first spoiled on his card discussion thread.

    The twilights however are a monster demon cult that should be cast back into the fiery embers of the hell from which they came! (dramatic much?)
    Twilights were the other tribe i was playing with since day one, with the sole purpose of getting avatar, luminary, and the draw engine all nerfed. You once again claim seek is oh so powerful, and the bane of the meta, and the reason these two tribes are so OP, however i didnt even use the twilight location for the longest time, and still didnt lose a match. I barely ever used luminary for seek either. The matches i lost were due to the twilight bug....so i dont count those ones. But i was consistantly winning off an overpowered draw engine, every ally being hasted, and abusing luminary being pulled from the grave with avatar. I could easily buff avatar to 5 attack and using ythans ability, rain down unholy death upon the enemy. 6 health allies died because of twilight orific (the only twilight i actually like).

    In order to back your claims of "this is the reason _____ is overpowered" you need to have proof from testing. And any time you test a hypothesis, you need a control group. My testing involves using and not using certain cards, and from my experience i can personally tell you it isnt the seek ability that is making things op.

    TL;DR. Seek isnt broken. Aldmor will see less use when people start realising how amazing groundshift is. Twilights are an overpowered cult, and we need to band together to destroy them at any cost.
    Twilight is my favorite tribe, I played with them before LL and play now. Yes, they have become strong, maybe even too strong to be honest. But you too much exaggerate their power. They are strong only due to their great synergy with each other and that was the point of part 1 of LL to make tribes more synergetic and playable. And they are far from being unbeatable.
    I think Luminary definitely needs to be nerfed and Scriptures of the Departed should be restricted to 2-3 durability maximum. But they don't deserve to be "destroyed" just because you don't like them.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Umbra7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Arizona, USA. (Gmt -7)
    Posts
    875
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasia View Post
    Twilight is my favorite tribe, I played with them before LL and play now. Yes, they have become strong, maybe even too strong to be honest. But you too much exaggerate their power. They are strong only due to their great synergy with each other and that was the point of part 1 of LL to make tribes more synergetic and playable. And they are far from being unbeatable.
    I think Luminary definitely needs to be nerfed and Scriptures of the Departed should be restricted to 2-3 durability maximum. But they don't deserve to be "destroyed" just because you don't like them.
    Lol, yes i do exagerate a lot when it comes to twilights. Near as i can tell, the twilights really are based on a cult (feel free to read my twilights cult conspiracy thread in the general chay area) and so i put on a "character" as a person trying to bring down a cult. When I talk extremes like that, dont take me seriously. Only when i speak of specific cards should i be taken seriously (I.E. scripts of departed, luminary, and avatar). In all honesty i dont dislike the twilights, its just an act
    (though i dont like luminary at all. I was against her from the start).
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

    Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight


    IGN: BP Umbra Nox

  8. #38
    DP Visionary Index's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Shanghai(GMT+8)
    Posts
    5,908
    Tournaments Joined
    9
    Tournaments Won
    0
    No matter what changes Wulven will make, or not. Buff, or nerf. Or let it be. I'll just find the best deck in the meta, and win.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

  9. #39
    Senior Member Caitlyn0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,665
    Tournaments Joined
    2
    Tournaments Won
    0
    if everything needs a nerf...

    ... doesnt that really mean nothing needs a nerf?
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

    Evolution in Theory

  10. #40
    DP Visionary Index's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Shanghai(GMT+8)
    Posts
    5,908
    Tournaments Joined
    9
    Tournaments Won
    0
    The tribe idea is what made everything looks OP and will make everything even more OP in the future.
    The cards without tribe in the first and second expansion will be less used for sure.
    And they just banned the only non-tribe deck in LL.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •