Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

do you think shadow era will be able to attract new players?

all the new mechanics locations and power creep is turning this game into a roller coaster inside a maze inside mc eschers relativity. there are too many overly powerful combos and if one is fixed another will just surface. its basically play this and this deck or go home. a lot of decks seem to just rely on an op combo start and hope for the best. also the only heroes who stand a chance against these ridiculous new mega allies are priests with theyre tidal wave. i dont think many new players would be patience enough to learn this when they would be facing op combos left and right when starting to play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am losing interest in this game fast. So far everything with LL has been a disappointment. Not stocking the merchant, banning a card after only a couple days, not waiting for iOS to be accepted to release on other devices. I think it should be released on the same day for all devices or some people will have more experience with the cards than the others who can't play. Garina road was a very good card but they took it too fast. If it cannot maintain the people playing now it probably won't expand.
    I like pie, Shadow Era, and you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    all the new mechanics locations and power creep is turning this game into a roller coaster inside a maze inside mc eschers relativity. there are too many overly powerful combos and if one is fixed another will just surface. its basically play this and this deck or go home. a lot of decks seem to just rely on an op combo start and hope for the best. also the only heroes who stand a chance against these ridiculous new mega allies are priests with theyre tidal wave. i dont think many new players would be patience enough to learn this when they would be facing op combos left and right when starting to play.
    Perhaps you are unaware, but what you currently see in shadow era is beta testing. Pfg can only do so much, it is now up to us to figure out what the truly op stuff is so wulven can figure out how to balance it. While it may be a rough time for newcomers, this proccess is a needed one, and one where the community actually has some say as to what happens with cards. If you arent satisfied with testing cards for the game, and reporting your findings as you come accross them, then you are by all means welcome to exclude yourself from the process. But playing the game, testing cards, and providing contructive feedback are very helpful, and you are encouraged to do so here
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I personally think the complexity of the game is one of the last worries facing Shadow Era when it comes to this problem (which does exist, mind you). People would have to learn all the cards to enjoy the game regardless, and its a part of starting any new card game. Besides, if Magic can hold mainstream appeal despite its complexity, then Shadow Era shouldn't scare many people away with it's own level of complexity.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 01-04-2016 at 09:24 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Perhaps you are unaware, but what you currently see in shadow era is beta testing. Pfg can only do so much, it is now up to us to figure out what the truly op stuff is so wulven can figure out how to balance it. While it may be a rough time for newcomers, this proccess is a needed one, and one where the community actually has some say as to what happens with cards. If you arent satisfied with testing cards for the game, and reporting your findings as you come accross them, then you are by all means welcome to exclude yourself from the process. But playing the game, testing cards, and providing contructive feedback are very helpful, and you are encouraged to do so here
    this whole game is an neverending beta. i mean aramia was just balanced with the new update and she was in sf. i dont think it will ever reach a reasonable balance. there will always be op combos im afraid for that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    this whole game is an neverending beta. i mean aramia was just balanced with the new update and she was in sf. i dont think it will ever reach a reasonable balance. there will always be op combos im afraid for that.
    Cuz SF isn't yet a official collection o.o yes... still in beta.
    LL has not been released even... just a part. We still are in SF step.
    Wulven is just sharing the process of construction for Lost Lands for develop together to users.

SF is a end-stage beta
    LL is a ... probably isn't even a beta yet xD

Anyway... in every release this happen, in any game...
    Even Magic need Bann or restrict cards every block, cuz the real test is now, when the people play and find combos or abuses.

The only one difference, is that wulven ask first, and print later lol and thats is something that i love from this game.
    So... this eternal beta es really fun for me.

I enjoy that Shadow Era is always in constant evolution
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-04-2016 at 10:01 PM.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any good game in is a constant state of evolution or never ending beta.

In answer to your original question about attracting new players, well, your here? So I don't see why not.
    I think you might rephrase that question to something like "Can Shadow Era attract an ever growing player base while maintaining thier current players?"

My answer is , (You guessed it,) Yes.
    Being that SE is a turn based card game, and unlike card games that rely on fixed decks (poker , black jack) it need to add new features and elements on a fairly regular basis, it's not like you can use the cards in Cotc and make a new game, like all the different versions of poker. Each card in SE is fixed (until they nerf it) actually once it goes to press for the physical cards it can be changed. This is good, because unlike MtG, SE cards can't be banned after they are printed. MtG had many cards that you can buy, you can play at home with them but you can't use then in tourneys.

MtG or Yughio even Pokemon, would be very confusing to a new player, just trying to collect cards and understand how to use them while established players are simply taking what has worked in the past and add a few new cards to make it better in the current meta. Shadow Era is no different and even myself who's played since 2011 find it hard to adjust. But without new cards and the constant change of game play it would become old, boring, and stale. It's when a game reaches that point that it cannot retain old players and cannot attract new ones, because nobodys there to play it.

But so far , with many saying SE was a dying game , for years, it's not. And as long as it keeps growing and making the game fresh once in a while , it will continue to be around.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanes View Post
    ... thats is something that i love from this game.
    So... this eternal beta es really fun for me.

I enjoy that Shadow Era is always in constant evolution
    +1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    remember when they increased min deck size from 30 to 40 to make decks less consistent due to fear of powerful starting hands? well then some genius thought hey lets add seek mechanics to give a big middle finger to that guy who decided to increase min deck size. and its funny people always say have faith in the team they have a plan for everything and future sets will make things right and everything will be peaches and rainbows. i now believe the team doesnt have a master plan at all and theyre just fumbling around hoping not to screw things up too bad. and i dont say that to be rude. i say that in hopes they will get theyre act together.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    none of this affects new players. the whole game for a new players is confusing, and strange and new... its part of the fun when trying a new game. not worried about attracting NEW players. its the effect on older players that could be a problem... they already know the game and if it changes to much, its frustrating. it shouldnt be like that though... look at it as a new player again. fun and exciting and unknown, discovery, etc.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory