Close

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NestMegatron View Post
    So, you banned a card that many of the iOS players were looking forward to trying out but could not because we are patiently waiting for it to be approved... I do not like this and am very sad about this decision. You couldn't wait until iOS players could play around with it for awhile? It's a real turn off to Shadow Era.
    Hey, I know OP cards are fun if you are using them, but the intention was to stop iOS users coming up against this from (their) Day 1.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Hey, I know OP cards are fun if you are using them, but the intention was to stop iOS users coming up against this from (their) Day 1.
    I'm not the only person who is saying that it wasn't too OP. People were already starting to tech vs it which stopped it from winning as much.
    I like pie, Shadow Era, and you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    and the best combo of all is back to back kallista and sheperdess. you can renew 12 resources this way and then santa bomb and just flood the board with allies. ive seen it happen.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NestMegatron View Post
    So, you banned a card that many of the iOS players were looking forward to trying out but could not because we are patiently waiting for it to be approved... I do not like this and am very sad about this decision. You couldn't wait until iOS players could play around with it for awhile? It's a real turn off to Shadow Era.
    I think this should be more of a turn off of apple rather then Shadow Era, Its not Shadow Era's Fault that Apple needs to go over every app with a fine tooth comb forever.
    TJ Burn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A question i have for you Gond,

Is it good to balance the 65 cards of Part1 of LL by itself? i imagine there are cards in parts 2/3 that would be the counters/balances for the cards that are OP now.
    TJ Burn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Burn All View Post
    i imagine there are cards in parts 2/3 that would be the counters/balances for the cards that are OP now.
    Which cards are OP now?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Which cards are OP now?
    All the twilight related stuff. All of them. They should all be nerfed to 1cc 1/1 vanilla allies. That'll show em...

But seriously, their new draw engine, luminary, and avatar are over powered. Luminary the most.

The aldmor are an interesting case....i think they need nerfs and buffs. Like the childs ability now costs 1SE, but it seemed balanced enough at 0. And darklight apprentice no longer can generate the ludicrous amounts of shadow energy...but with the exception of moonstalker, generating a max of 2SE a turn for darklight would be better? Scout is still pretty strong at 3cc. I'm surprised i havent seen the haste bomb zalashard with these things yet...conflux does some damage

Probably others that are OP. More testing needed
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    yes aldmor and twilight next. hasted seeking scout makes aldmor very easy to play. seek in general was a bad idea. it completely changed the game and made it easier to get the cards you need without having to sacrifice card slot to increase chance of drawing it. and then haste twilight is too powerful and avatar as well. maybe make it return only 2 allies. and the best combo of all is back to back kallista and sheperdess. you can renew 12 resources this way and then santa bomb and just flood the board with allies. ive seen it happen.
    I think returning three allies is fine but the allies returned need to lose their passive abilities.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not to be "that guy" again, but I have to agree that this is far too early. I really think it needed more time to be shown that it is actually over powered. People were saying the same things about this card that they were about Dakrath and Gravebone. While not the same situation, we gave it enough time to show that its good, but not that good. Is Garina Road OP? Maybe, but it's not my point. The problem here is that were banning a card a mere 3-4 days after its release. That's (to be frank) absurd. I don't even get the whole "we'll miss out on other things" idea either as by banning the card you're doing just that to begin with. I'm pretty sure with this ban people will just move onto the next good card to complain about. I really am sad to see this happen, especially because it happened so soon.

I'm not saying that this card, or the set itself, is correctly balanced. Only that we need time for all the problems to show up, before we start picking cards to strike down.

The meta changes, the meta shifts, give it time to balance it self out or it never will.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 01-04-2016 at 06:28 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ban Hammer!
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts