Close

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    I have played 14 games, won 13 and then, bam!, aldmor raikka owned me. Ban Aldmor, their are obviously op.
    And you are possibly right, Aldmor will probably need some balancing when the dust settles. However, that is not a burning issue. A card that can let you play two 7cc allies on turn 4 is.

It's still early and many OP decks will crop up everywhere, but this kind of glaring exploit is too much. People won't go searching for other design exploits if we don't take this one out of their hands.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I say don't bring it back

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Playing against Garina Road, it was clearly OP, but not unbeatable. I had some success against it using Mind Controls and Sinkholes (available to all Shadow), along with an early aggro rush. Still, you had to know the nerf was coming and I'm glad it came sooner rather than later.

I'm a bit more worried about Twilight's draw engine combo with that Avatar that brings 3 allies back from the grave. Killing off all those dudes, only to watch my opponent draw 5+ cards to refill their hand was a negative play experience for sure. Either increase the cost of that draw engine or limit the max # of cards you can sac it for to 3, which would be consistent with the cost of other 3-card draw engines in the game (Bad Santa, Sac Lamb, Scriptures of the Righteous, etc.).
    IGN: TJ Bayfight3r
    Telegram: @Bayfighter

Guild Member of Team Juggernauts

Honorary Guild Member: Enlisted to Endure <E2E> - A Christian gaming community

""Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
    Colossians 3:17

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i agree. and we also need to nerf aldmor scout. giving a cheap ally haste and seek was a major mistake. and on top that he has ambush. and then darklight should be 3 cc. that consistent t2 darklight t3 scout is op as heck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    i agree. and we also need to nerf aldmor scout. giving a cheap ally haste and seek was a major mistake. and on top that he has ambush. and then darklight should be 3 cc. that consistent t2 darklight t3 scout is op as heck.
    You just want to nerf everything don't you?
    I like pie, Shadow Era, and you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by morbius View Post
    I just knew Caitlyn will be in the thread, opposing the change. Nothing is ever OP for her.

I haven't played much since the LL came out, only 9 games, 8 of which I won. The only loss? You guessed it, Garina Road. One turn I have 3 allies out and firm control of the board, the next turn I have nothing and he has 3 fatties on the board and has clearly won. And it's a simplest deck ever, just a bunch of fatties, shuriken, Garina Road and draw, draw, draw.

Come clean, Gondorian. You didn't even play test this card, did you?
    apparently, you just saw my name and assumed i said it wasnt OP. nice to see you back posting mindy but you always eem to think everything is OP... and you use the same reason... you lost to it. of the 8 games you won, was there anything OP in your deck? didnt see you posting about that. i like the double team accounts, mindy and morbius... makes it seem like more people think a card is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    It wasnt summoning for free, just summoning anything for 3cc. Once it's been reworked though, I'll expect a lot of interesting consequences. A majority of people seem to be calling for a 3se activation cost (myself included) which starts to give VERY interesting implications. For one, it means portal decks just got a fun new toy. Play portal t4, activate the newer shadow energy ability, summon nathanias and procede to smash face. For two, it would allow multiple fatties to be summoned at the same time, since the SE cost is seperate from the recource cost. Its uncertain how all of that woukd pander out of course...but there are other solutions to this location

Perhaps something like....
    Controllers ability- 2SE: allies cost you 2 less recources ti summon
    Opposing ability- 2SE target enemy ally is killed

Or something like that. With this type of ability, youd have the option of either trying to flood the board with the 3-4 cc allies, or get the fatties out sooner. The negative side is that the opponent can cheaply kill any ally of their choosing, and youre likely to run out of steam very quickly. But who knows, maybe that would prove even more broken then the current itteration of garina. (wrath of forest. Twilights rediculous draw engine+avatar. Super portal flood)
    using SE for this would be bad and kill the card. and in your example, you made it OP for the opponent i think. 2se to kill an ally? give me that ALL DAY.

yes aldmor and twilight next. hasted seeking scout makes aldmor very easy to play. seek in general was a bad idea. it completely changed the game and made it easier to get the cards you need without having to sacrifice card slot to increase chance of drawing it. and then haste twilight is too powerful and avatar as well. maybe make it return only 2 allies. and the best combo of all is back to back kallista and sheperdess. you can renew 12 resources this way and then santa bomb and just flood the board with allies. ive seen it happen.
    already picking next targets for nerf calls? and seek is something the community has been asking for for sometime. funny how you managed to see all this OPness while Garnia was overshadowing it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    All the twilight related stuff. All of them. They should all be nerfed to 1cc 1/1 vanilla allies. That'll show em...

But seriously, their new draw engine, luminary, and avatar are over powered. Luminary the most.

The aldmor are an interesting case....i think they need nerfs and buffs. Like the childs ability now costs 1SE, but it seemed balanced enough at 0. And darklight apprentice no longer can generate the ludicrous amounts of shadow energy...but with the exception of moonstalker, generating a max of 2SE a turn for darklight would be better? Scout is still pretty strong at 3cc. I'm surprised i havent seen the haste bomb zalashard with these things yet...conflux does some damage

Probably others that are OP. More testing needed
    child's abilty costing 1se just killed the card. useless. who is gona play an SE generator card for their opponent and not themselves?

you need to read the first post again. they banned it because it is receiving too much play time so much that they cant evaluate other cards because people dont play them. not just because it is op. but it doesnt take a genius to realize that it is op and that is why it is overshadowing other cards. locations like these that let you play super strong cards so easily and way ahead of theyre times should never have been invented in the first place.

also lakmire training post should be redesigned because it works in a similar fashion letting elementals play exaltation by t3. imagine if there would be even stronger and 6cc attachments in the future which would also be able to play by t3. this location limits those possibe attachments because of this location. ridiculous.
    more nerf calls... eventhough OP garnia overshadows them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanes View Post
    If is for that, we should nerf Homunculus (Really fast tribe) , ravagers, probably wulvens when part 2 come out, etc

Im agree with Luminary "board haste" is too much (More if isn't Unique, cuz with a second Luminary they haste each other), should be the first ally summoned each turn or something like, but keeping the new fast and agressive style of tribes.

Let's remember that Lost Lands is (for now) 100% conformed by Tribe allies. Is EVIDENT that tribes will be strong and probably the meta.

This first part have only Human, Shadow and Neutral Generic allies, for this Twilights Ravagers and Aldmors are the first in be boosted.

Probably with class cards; templars, Yari, wulvens and others (i hope Elementals too... they are really forgotten) will be boosted too and we will have more variety of strategy.

I think this should be the objetive of this new collection, and is working. The game changed and this i think is good. Don't is only other collection with more cards and same mechanics that always...
    If we scare by every change in the game, the game never will evolve.

This is looking like Magic develop, by block thematics, and Magic is the most sucess TCG in world, so.... why would be this a bad idea?
    If every new collection changes the game, is perfect for me. I will never bore to play Shadow Era.
    best post in this thread the last sentence is the best ever.

oh and dont start with that gravebone mumo jumbo again. that combo is inconsistent and its not like gravebone can pull out fatties consecutively. if it happens it happens once and you can deal with it and not have to worry about a wave of fatties.
    why not use the gravebone example morbius? he has been called OP at the start of every new set since CotC was finalized except this one. called tier 0. its the perfect example to wait a bit and see how good or not something is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    I believe the general consensus in this is community is that power creep in Shadow Era is bad..

I'm indifferent on the subject, though
    people want new cards but dont want change... its a paradox. but you have to have some power creep orno one would play the new cards over the old.

Quote Originally Posted by morbius View Post
    And you are possibly right, Aldmor will probably need some balancing when the dust settles. However, that is not a burning issue. A card that can let you play two 7cc allies on turn 4 is.

It's still early and many OP decks will crop up everywhere, but this kind of glaring exploit is too much. People won't go searching for other design exploits if we don't take this one out of their hands.
    and 2 7cc allies on turn 4 is more rare than gravebone getting a big fatty out on turn 4. but lets not use that comparison mindy.

ahhh, i can see it now, why you think everything is OP. you think finding and playing cards that are good, is a design exploit

and for the record, again. is this card OP? maybe, most likely. but its only been out less than 4 days and a big portion of the SE player based, didnt even get to play it and have an opinion on it. no need to rush a nerf update, so it didnt really need to be banned. me personally, i dont want to see a card change update every month (or more often, or even every two months). it ruins tournaments. having experienced that last year 3 times with just small changes. its rough. it will be even harder this year as these card changes will ruin a deck in a deck lock tournament. which will take some people right out of it for no other reason that all of a sudden, their deck became tier 4.

ive already postponed SLUGFEST until the end of the month and i might have to postpone it longer. i could do TITAN instead, since its not a deck lock tournament, just hero locked. but people just love SLUGFEST and look forward to it.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 01-04-2016 at 11:28 PM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I deffinitly did not read a lot of this thread and most likely won't - hope that's cool with you all. Well debatable, anyway I did read a bit here and there and I trolled QM with a kinder undead Praxix since I've never played him outside of meltdown a few times. Just to see some of the new cards. Hoped I'd see it, it is part of the whole new learning curve obviously.

Faced one deck built around this card, died. It was a glorious death indeed don't get me wrong. The Oliver rush alone stealing my meat-bags was increasingly powerful. Your draw is the removal card... removal. I liked it, was a great honor to die by my opponents mighty blows.

Ban it? I don't know maybe, Hammer was banned after a ton of outcry and maybe sooner this time is better. We have hammer for what it is now and this will be the same deal. If it comes back unchanged even for a 2nd peak later, who cares? but it was quick this time. Lesson learned though eh. We need the FIRE land! wait um.. Garina right

Off with it's head and move on!

Where's the Aldmor ring hanging out?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayfighter View Post
    I'm a bit more worried about Twilight's draw engine combo with that Avatar that brings 3 allies back from the grave. Killing off all those dudes, only to watch my opponent draw 5+ cards to refill their hand was a negative play experience for sure. Either increase the cost of that draw engine or limit the max # of cards you can sac it for to 3, which would be consistent with the cost of other 3-card draw engines in the game (Bad Santa, Sac Lamb, Scriptures of the Righteous, etc.).
    Its basically the same as Wrath of the Forest, but better in some ways, and worse in some ways.

Better because its cheaper, and doesnt lose durability from enemy attacks. But worse because it only works for twilights, and it can be popped before benefiting from it.

Theres been a few times I had a juicy one sitting at 3-5 durability, then the opponent popped it after they already killed my allies.. just to make sure that I knew what I could have had. :'( It was GG from there.

Also, you have to get rid of scriptures to draw from it, unlike Wrath of the Forest. I'd say scriptures is perfectly fine

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about the Twilight location? It's getting overplayed in Ythan now?

Again flood the board kinda card

I think the game went a little tribe crazy, locations that benefit only one tribe and the casters ability on these locations far outweighs the benefit of the opponent (which in Garmias case was to exile it for 4 SE, just neuter me too! ).

I can see why Gania came out so popular, I gives you a free ally on board, any ally you got in hand! Pretty cool.

I really didn't read the spoilers, just a quick look, but if I had, I would have said, that tribes will hurt the core of the games allies and cards. Who needs half of them when you can just call the big guys.

But I don't think it needed to be banned yet, but I does need to be tested vs other cards, but who's gonna do that when something's good , people stick with it.
    Last edited by Kip thorp; 01-05-2016 at 01:47 AM.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ban was too early. you need to let the community find out just how strong Garina is. as it is, this early, counters were already popping up. now we'll never know if Garina is indeed OP or if it can be balanced by other decks.

it took you forever to nerf aramia. now it took you mere days to ban garina.

can't we find some happy middle ground where you don't overreact or react late?

and poor ioS users, they didn't even get a chance to play with the card.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri