Close

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    I think the game went a little tribe crazy (...)
    This. I don't like this. It harms deck-building creativity. It makes it feel as if the designers come up with decks and strategies, rather than cool and interesting building blocks that we can freely combine.

In other words, it feels as if we're getting this:

Thumb_LEGO_Scooby-Doo.jpg

Whereas I prefer this:

Lego.jpg
    IGN: Shadaba

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaba View Post
    This. I don't like this. It harms deck-building creativity. It makes it feel as if the designers come up with decks and strategies, rather than cool and interesting building blocks that we can freely combine.

Whereas I prefer this:

Lego.jpg

Actually, you are free to build whatever you want with the Legos. It just won't be as cool as the Scooby-doo van. But the van might have a flat-tire and get tossed into junkyard later. But you will always have your Lego blocks.

...somewhere along the way, this analogy totally fell apart. But you get the point. And the point is to choose Scooby-doo. Because it's a winner. Lego blocks are just crummy plastic toys you might accidentally step on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Whereas I prefer this:

Lego.jpg
    nice user of legos to make you point, haha

Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    Actually, you are free to build whatever you want with the Legos. It just won't be as cool as the Scooby-doo van. But the van might have a flat-tire and get tossed into junkyard later. But you will always have your Lego blocks.

...somewhere along the way, this analogy totally fell apart. But you get the point. And the point is to choose Scooby-doo. Because it's a winner. Lego blocks are just crummy plastic toys you might accidentally step on.
    and Damn, you really went there, calling legos crummy plastic toys... Gondorian... you see this? i think its finally time to ban Delay of Game from SE
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    apparently, you just saw my name and assumed i said it wasnt OP. nice to see you back posting mindy but you always eem to think everything is OP... and you use the same reason... you lost to it. of the 8 games you won, was there anything OP in your deck? didnt see you posting about that. i like the double team accounts, mindy and morbius... makes it seem like more people think a card is bad.
    Nope, this is my only acc. I can barely find the time to play, let alone argue on the forum.

And yes, my templar deck is probably OP, too. That lethargic looking Unaxio Squire mofo has been an unreal upgrade over Avenger of the Fallen, I've gotten a new draw engine in Spirit of Devotion and a strong haste mechanic that no longer requires crummy Justicar's Cape. I have yet to try incorporating Brothers' Landing, but that might work well, too. All that however is no match for a location card that lets you pump fatties that either have haste, or you can haste them. There is really nothing to discuss here, if you see a peace of bone protruding through the skin, you don't need x-ray to diagnose a fracture. This makes sense to both players and developers, but for some reason, not to you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Whereas I prefer this:

Lego.jpg
    very good point and i agree. they wanted tribes to synergy eachother which is a cool play style but in the end they went to crazy and made them op.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    apparently, you just saw my name and assumed i said it wasnt OP. nice to see you back posting mindy but you always eem to think everything is OP... and you use the same reason... you lost to it. of the 8 games you won, was there anything OP in your deck? didnt see you posting about that. i like the double team accounts, mindy and morbius... makes it seem like more people think a card is bad.
    i dont understand why you think i am morbius all the time. is it hard to imagine that more then one person think cards are op? if you read around the forum you will find also other players who agree. do you think all of them are me also? you need to stop this its very embarasing. you can pm the mods to compare our internet info or something maybe if you are bothered a lot by it. i dont know about computers much but i think they can check if two accounts are the same person yes? hope you can find some peace of mind.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If i chose the Exclusive Garina Road Playmat, i'll be banned by OP playmat too?
    Poor Garina :c
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by morbius View Post
    Nope, this is my only acc. I can barely find the time to play, let alone argue on the forum.

And yes, my templar deck is probably OP, too. That lethargic looking Unaxio Squire mofo has been an unreal upgrade over Avenger of the Fallen, I've gotten a new draw engine in Spirit of Devotion and a strong haste mechanic that no longer requires crummy Justicar's Cape. I have yet to try incorporating Brothers' Landing, but that might work well, too. All that however is no match for a location card that lets you pump fatties that either have haste, or you can haste them. There is really nothing to discuss here, if you see a peace of bone protruding through the skin, you don't need x-ray to diagnose a fracture. This makes sense to both players and developers, but for some reason, not to you.
    Your said: Let alone argue? Lol.

Seems to me that's the point of a thread at least one with open ends, such as this.
    Your medical imagery is great "broken bone through leg needs no x Ray". It's nice, but it's still only your opinion.

Not to say others might not agree, but what are you really saying? Nerf the expansion? Go back to SF? Nerf only what you want? Honestly , are you calling for singular nerfs? Or would you rather scrap the expansion.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the cards , how they can be used, how they can be countered. I'm ofc the wrong person for the job, but it's fun, it's a game and a lot of my mates, they can figure it out.

It's simply a drastic meta change and will require ajustment from us all, but if things start getting nerfed or banned , 4 days after the release, we can never know the true impact they could of had. We will end up,listening to folks who don't wanna lose, get thier buts kicked by a few decks and combos, don't wanna or can't figure tech vs them and nerf the whole system. Hence watering down the game to point of actually losing players.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanes View Post
    If i chose the Exclusive Garina Road Playmat, i'll be banned by OP playmat too?
    Poor Garina :c
    lol, I did choose that playmat just because it was by far the most symbolic of LL! (and because was the only colorful one...)
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    It's simply a drastic meta change and will require ajustment from us all, but if things start getting nerfed or banned , 4 days after the release, we can never know the true impact they could of had.
    this is ironic statement because garina was banned for that very reason so the dt can know the true impact of the rest of the set because garina was getting too much playtime. it seems people are confused to why it was banned. have look at gondorians post again to understand his true intentions. sometimes a parent have to step in to say enough is enough. maybe that you can wrap your head around?