Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Anmor: Garina Road is temporarily banned in 3.10

Hi all!

If you're on v3.10, you've probably already run into this card or started to exploit it or both. Clearly, it's one that we did not appreciate the full power of during PFG testing (we knew it was strong, but the non-controller side seemed to be balancing it), and we'd like to address it ASAP.

But, on the other hand, there are likely other cards that also need addressing, which aren't seeing much use due to availability of Garina Road to abuse, so we don't want to rush out a v3.11 just for one card.

For this reason, we've put a temporary ban on Garina Road (via a server-side deck check), with the intention of bringing it back to use in v3.11 with some balance adjustments.

Thanks for your understanding on this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    dislike.

I thought the card was fine. But I haven't tried it out yet, I've only played against it.

Maybe a slightly better opposing effect would do, though

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    oh dear lord, haha, really?

it probably is over powered, but its not that bad. its just seeing a ton of play. and its not even that it can flood the field with fatties (the opponent can too) its just that is 3cc and we have 7cc allies in the game (1 of which can potential bring yet another fatty onto the field with it)
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    dislike.

I thought the card was fine. But I haven't tried it out yet, I've only played against it.

Maybe a slightly better opposing effect would do, though
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    oh dear lord, haha, really?

it probably is over powered, but its not that bad. its just seeing a ton of play. and its not even that it can flood the field with fatties (the opponent can too) its just that is 3cc and we have 7cc allies in the game (1 of which can potential bring yet another fatty onto the field with it)
    It's dominating so much that we are going to miss other things due to it. I'd like to address more stuff in 3.11, if possible, so let's see what pops up next!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about the Twilight location? It's getting overplayed in Ythan now?

Again flood the board kinda card

I think the game went a little tribe crazy, locations that benefit only one tribe and the casters ability on these locations far outweighs the benefit of the opponent (which in Garmias case was to exile it for 4 SE, just neuter me too! ).

I can see why Gania came out so popular, I gives you a free ally on board, any ally you got in hand! Pretty cool.

I really didn't read the spoilers, just a quick look, but if I had, I would have said, that tribes will hurt the core of the games allies and cards. Who needs half of them when you can just call the big guys.

But I don't think it needed to be banned yet, but I does need to be tested vs other cards, but who's gonna do that when something's good , people stick with it.
    Last edited by Kip thorp; 01-05-2016 at 01:47 AM.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    I think the game went a little tribe crazy (...)
    This. I don't like this. It harms deck-building creativity. It makes it feel as if the designers come up with decks and strategies, rather than cool and interesting building blocks that we can freely combine.

In other words, it feels as if we're getting this:

Thumb_LEGO_Scooby-Doo.jpg

Whereas I prefer this:

Lego.jpg
    IGN: Shadaba

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaba View Post
    This. I don't like this. It harms deck-building creativity. It makes it feel as if the designers come up with decks and strategies, rather than cool and interesting building blocks that we can freely combine.

Whereas I prefer this:

Lego.jpg

Actually, you are free to build whatever you want with the Legos. It just won't be as cool as the Scooby-doo van. But the van might have a flat-tire and get tossed into junkyard later. But you will always have your Lego blocks.

...somewhere along the way, this analogy totally fell apart. But you get the point. And the point is to choose Scooby-doo. Because it's a winner. Lego blocks are just crummy plastic toys you might accidentally step on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaba View Post

Whereas I prefer this:

Lego.jpg
    very good point and i agree. they wanted tribes to synergy eachother which is a cool play style but in the end they went to crazy and made them op.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't exactly concerned about this card just yet but I understand that it was bothering a lot of people as well as taking the attention of other cards and this might be a good opportunity for players to check what needs to be balanced and what not before next update comes out.
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have seen a lot complaint about this card in just two day .If a card is 3cc and look like 4cc (like sindarok) i think it need a nerf .And if its just that is 3cc and we have 7cc allies in the game , to nerf it is no needed , it deserves a ban .Tks to gondorian .
    RISING SUN

Ign : rs namcastle
    Telegram: @namcastle
    Join us and learn more about shadow era :Rising Sun - Guild Thread