Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Anmor: Garina Road is temporarily banned in 3.10

Hi all!

If you're on v3.10, you've probably already run into this card or started to exploit it or both. Clearly, it's one that we did not appreciate the full power of during PFG testing (we knew it was strong, but the non-controller side seemed to be balancing it), and we'd like to address it ASAP.

But, on the other hand, there are likely other cards that also need addressing, which aren't seeing much use due to availability of Garina Road to abuse, so we don't want to rush out a v3.11 just for one card.

For this reason, we've put a temporary ban on Garina Road (via a server-side deck check), with the intention of bringing it back to use in v3.11 with some balance adjustments.

Thanks for your understanding on this.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    dislike.

I thought the card was fine. But I haven't tried it out yet, I've only played against it.

Maybe a slightly better opposing effect would do, though

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    oh dear lord, haha, really?

it probably is over powered, but its not that bad. its just seeing a ton of play. and its not even that it can flood the field with fatties (the opponent can too) its just that is 3cc and we have 7cc allies in the game (1 of which can potential bring yet another fatty onto the field with it)
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    dislike.

I thought the card was fine. But I haven't tried it out yet, I've only played against it.

Maybe a slightly better opposing effect would do, though
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    oh dear lord, haha, really?

it probably is over powered, but its not that bad. its just seeing a ton of play. and its not even that it can flood the field with fatties (the opponent can too) its just that is 3cc and we have 7cc allies in the game (1 of which can potential bring yet another fatty onto the field with it)
    It's dominating so much that we are going to miss other things due to it. I'd like to address more stuff in 3.11, if possible, so let's see what pops up next!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I wasn't exactly concerned about this card just yet but I understand that it was bothering a lot of people as well as taking the attention of other cards and this might be a good opportunity for players to check what needs to be balanced and what not before next update comes out.
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have seen a lot complaint about this card in just two day .If a card is 3cc and look like 4cc (like sindarok) i think it need a nerf .And if its just that is 3cc and we have 7cc allies in the game , to nerf it is no needed , it deserves a ban .Tks to gondorian .
    RISING SUN

Ign : rs namcastle
    Telegram: @namcastle
    Join us and learn more about shadow era :Rising Sun - Guild Thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thumbsup. looking forward to more diversity ingame.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am really glad this card was banned - since there was so many complains about it, I just tried to build a deck with it yesterday and it was complete nonsense...
    Honestly, I think this card should be totally reworked - in my opinion it is nearly impossible to balance location that allows playing allies for free especially now, we do not have enough ways to counter locations yet (it will definitely improve with next sets) - I think location with such effect will always be either overpowered or underpowered.
    But you usually balance cards right, sou you will figure something out for sure

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just knew Caitlyn will be in the thread, opposing the change. Nothing is ever OP for her.

I haven't played much since the LL came out, only 9 games, 8 of which I won. The only loss? You guessed it, Garina Road. One turn I have 3 allies out and firm control of the board, the next turn I have nothing and he has 3 fatties on the board and has clearly won. And it's a simplest deck ever, just a bunch of fatties, shuriken, Garina Road and draw, draw, draw.

Come clean, Gondorian. You didn't even play test this card, did you?
    Last edited by morbius; 01-04-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAT0013 View Post
    I am really glad this card was banned - since there was so many complains about it, I just tried to build a deck with it yesterday and it was complete nonsense...
    Honestly, I think this card should be totally reworked - in my opinion it is nearly impossible to balance location that allows playing allies for free - I think location with such effect will always be either overpowered or underpowered. But you usually balance cards right, sou you will figure something out for sure
    It wasnt summoning for free, just summoning anything for 3cc. Once it's been reworked though, I'll expect a lot of interesting consequences. A majority of people seem to be calling for a 3se activation cost (myself included) which starts to give VERY interesting implications. For one, it means portal decks just got a fun new toy. Play portal t4, activate the newer shadow energy ability, summon nathanias and procede to smash face. For two, it would allow multiple fatties to be summoned at the same time, since the SE cost is seperate from the recource cost. Its uncertain how all of that woukd pander out of course...but there are other solutions to this location

Perhaps something like....
    Controllers ability- 2SE: allies cost you 2 less recources ti summon
    Opposing ability- 2SE target enemy ally is killed

Or something like that. With this type of ability, youd have the option of either trying to flood the board with the 3-4 cc allies, or get the fatties out sooner. The negative side is that the opponent can cheaply kill any ally of their choosing, and youre likely to run out of steam very quickly. But who knows, maybe that would prove even more broken then the current itteration of garina. (wrath of forest. Twilights rediculous draw engine+avatar. Super portal flood)
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox