Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: exiling Loest

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

exiling Loest

I want some help with a new concept I've been trying, which I feel has some potential but is lacking in execution as I rarely play with mages.

So the base cards of this deck are Loest, with the ability to exile, Spirit Warden, Wizent's Prayer ( ironically a useless card finds its place and it is really good, you get anything from either graveyard for only 2 resources + some heal ), Sinkhole and Racksul: Warped Desert.

The concept is to exile a card per turn with various ways and with the location to take it on hand. With SW you can take a monster from the opponent's graveyard, with Loest and wizent's you can take any card, while with Sinkhole you can only get a 2 resource monster but it is generally a good tech against other locations. I may have forgotten a few other ways to exile a card on a human deck so do point them out if you have another one in mind.

If I get 4 of each copy of the above cards, I get a handful of 16 cards, with all of them being a pseudo-draw engine if the location is in place.
    But I do not know what is the best course to take with the rest of my deck.
    I tried the twilight tribe, mainly because they have two more cards that can exile, Twilight Ritualist and Avatar of Twilight, but I found it too hard to get some combos with them because they die fairly easily.

I am currently trying some rush with a lot of wheenies, kris, champion of irum, puwen, aldon and PoL and I think it is a little better, along with some aoe spells to help them survive.

I will also try with the homunculus tribe too, as armored packbeast might help by sponging a few hits and giving me back some hp, and eternal troll is a pain to deal with, as it can survive the Supernova among other things.

The real problem is the draw power that the location gives to the opponent. Basically for only 2 se the opponent gets one card from each deck, which is more than enough to get his hand full with whatever needs. So I was thinking of adding Bazaar and Bad Santa as my primary draw engines. At least we would be both having a full hand at all times.

Anyway, thoughts on all this?
    Last edited by neratza713; 01-03-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I tried that idea this morning, with some void wretchs to deal extra damage to the hero. I found the deck too slow, the funny thing is that the first player i battled was also using an exile deck with racksul+void wretch but he was packing a Praxix with rotlings and some other stuff (was a fat mill deck) and he did well, way better than Loest if I might add.

I didn't spend much time testing the deck and went forward with some other ideas, but try it out and if you manage to tweak it into a solid one please share.
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    maybe a shadow mage is also a good option, there is rotling, Gravemonger, Tar-written Scroll, Void Wretch, Death collector out of the top of my head, maybe more. It might be worth a shot.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    While tis true that shadow heros are great for this, because shadow homunculus have a lot of exiling going on, there are still plenty of ways to play with loest. I was using him too...but i went a slightely different route. I'd suggest ditching sinkhole, it's really not the best for this and just clutters your hand most of the time. However, I'd also suggest adding sunblighted one and child of aldmore. With just these 8 allies, youll have a ton of shadow energy ramp, and can generally exile every 2-3 turns. Spirit warden is for sure the key card of the deck, and i often use him to put sunblights back into my hand. I used burn cards as well as the main choice for damaging the opposing heros and such, along with the ping from sunblights. The opposing draw isnt too rough, since it usually lays them off of their hero ability, and my cards dont help him as much (unless he steals one of my novas or void wretches)
    But overall it's a deck thats good for fun, but sub optimal competitively
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would try out with aldmor tribe, I just played a guy who kept generating shadow energy with darklight aprentice and was using aldmor chieftain for cheap exiles.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @ Kosmiker

Yeah it was against my Praxis deck!
    I'm still testing it, because it does not run that smoothly yet.
    If you guys have any suggestions, be my guest.

Here's the List:

4x Rotling
    4x Plightbred Runt
    4x Harbringer of the Lost
    4x Brimstone Devourer
    1x Slightblade Demon
    4x Gravemonger
    4xFalseblood Cultist
    2x Void Wretch

2x All hope is Lost
    4x Bad Santa
    4x Soul Reaper
    4x Mimic
    4x Energy Discharge
    4x Mind Control
    1x Eternal Renewal
    2x Loom of Fate

1x Platinum Chainmill
    2x Armor of Ages

4x Racksul: Warped Desert
    IGN: SES Aphex

Our store has officially been launched!
    www.shadowerashop.com
    Like us on facebook. We are giving a lot of crystals away every thursday!
    https://www.facebook.com/ShadoweraShop
    To see my foiled out decks in action, be sure to watch my channel
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ShadoweraShop

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ive played against a few players who used this location. the best combo i saw was with splicers crown because it is the easiest and most consistent way of exiling. but in the end the drawback is far too great. people thought majiyas ability draw 1 card for 2 se was too powerful. this location lets your enemy draw 2 cards for 2 se. needless to say i won those battles. but hey maybe i got good draws.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have an exile banebow. Its ok
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah its a little too slow right now

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what will hapend when I will use Soul Reaper with that location and full graveyard of allys? Which allys I will draw?
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !