Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Unhappy Aldmor Moonstalker: Rock, Paper, Scissors

Hello!

I've been playing Moonstalker with Aldmor. Plan is to get out Scout, and seek 2x Apprentice. This way, you can stealth forever. Accelerator / Shadow Font / Child can fill the gaps. Then seek Artisan / Chieftain and go for the hero. Stealth every turn.

The problem is, it's pretty awful to play against, as some decks just cannot stop it. NPE through and through sadly.

For some hilarious examples see:

Fortana vs. trevorJacobs: he has so many beasties out, but just can't do anything about stealth, even when the combo doesn't work that well
    trevorJacobs vs. KA stonecold: case study in the perfect combo - all the pieces in by T4 = unstoppable
    trevorJacobs vs. TJ Burn: at least it stops the annoying Garina Road Lance deck!

One huge weakness is Mages, particularly Supernova.

I don't think this is good for the game, sadly - makes it much more like 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' and less tactical / decision-based

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think this deck is under powered. Many things can kill it. Tidal Wave, Groundshift, and SuperNova all destroy it and are usually ran in decks.
    I like pie, Shadow Era, and you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Groundshift is the biggest threat to an aldmore moonstalker. I play it often, and am very aware that if the opponent plays groundshift, then they can really do some damge. I honestly don't know why more people dont run it. It screws with a lot of decks
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Groundshift is a critical card now.. can beat stalkers and the irritable eternal trolls, phoenix, wisps, etc.
    I just love this card
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yup groundshift is pretty awesome. rip diplomat.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    I don't think this is good for the game, sadly - makes it much more like 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' and less tactical / decision-based

In rock-paper-scissors, Moonstalker stabs the other person in the neck with scissors, and wins. It's a "tactical" decision to use a real pair of scissors, so what are you talking about?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that it has some critical weaknesses. My point was not that it's OP (too soon to tell) but rather it's very NPE: if you don't have those counters, there's nothing you can do. It seems a shame that the game allows such a deck to be created. Imagine the game where you just sit there every turn powerless...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that it has some critical weaknesses. My point was not that it's OP (too soon to tell) but rather it's very NPE: if you don't have those counters, there's nothing you can do. It seems a shame that the game allows such a deck to be created. Imagine the game where you just sit there every turn powerless...
    reminds me of the good ole Millstalker.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well if you aren't running those cards you are not keeping up with the meta and won't see any competitive play. When in deck building you need to consider all other decks in the current meta.
    I like pie, Shadow Era, and you!