Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    I've been looking for several cards myself that always seems to be out of stock. I'm fine with this as it will force me to buy the boosters in the hopes of getting them. This makes me use up the thousands of shadow crystals I already have which will someday be finished and then I will have to cough up some more cash to get more and will then support Wulven.

I was buying all my Lost Land cards with all the gold I had saved up and I was wondering how Wulven is making any money at all when I can buy the new set without even spending a single dime. I think this "Out of Stock" feature of the merchant helps with Wulven's revenue somewhat and I'd rather have this mechanic than simply be forced to buy boosters for all the cards as some other games require.
    All the cards can be purchased from the Merchant if you have patience. Yes you have to keep refreshing the merchant but the cards do show up. Also, be careful as your active deck may be preventing some of the cards you are looking for from being displayed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been looking for several cards myself that always seems to be out of stock. I'm fine with this as it will force me to buy the boosters in the hopes of getting them. This makes me use up the thousands of shadow crystals I already have which will someday be finished and then I will have to cough up some more cash to get more and will then support Wulven.

I was buying all my Lost Land cards with all the gold I had saved up and I was wondering how Wulven is making any money at all when I can buy the new set without even spending a single dime. I think this "Out of Stock" feature of the merchant helps with Wulven's revenue somewhat and I'd rather have this mechanic than simply be forced to buy boosters for all the cards as some other games require.
    I do agree that we want wulven to make some money off of the new set, but I also think me out of money in game is preferable to wulven out of stock - both from my perspective and wulven's.

From my perspective it gives me a path towards getting the specific cards I want - here are my options right now:
    1 - put real money into the game to buy more packs (with a low probability of getting the actual cards I'm after)
    2 - camp the merchant - sit there reloading the merchant screen waiting for key cards to appear. This works ok, but it creates a new and unfun kind of grinding.

I would rather if the gold cost on those rare cards was crazy expensive (like perhaps as much as 10,000 gold for certain super-rare cards), so that I could afford some of those cards I want, but not all. This would force me to prioritize which cards I want and choose them accordingly. Then going forward, it would give me a few paths to getting the cards I want:
    3 - put real money into the game to buy more packs - which I can sell for gold, which can then help me buy the new expensive cards that I want. While this looks like option 1, it is actually better for players, because it's more than just gambling on getting a rare or legendary card in a pack, there is a certainty that eventually I'll get the cards I want, if I spend enough money.
    4 - I can play the game and grind for gold / scs that way - this is grinding, which can be annoying, but it's better than camping the merchant.

So basically give me a way to either play the game using the freemium model as intended - or pay money to get the cards I want. Right now, really my best option is doing something that is boring for me (camping the merchant) and doesn't really benefit wulven at all.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^^ I completely agree

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But why the change of the merchant hasn't been announced? For Wulven it would be better to receive the negative feedback first and then give players the new set of cards than making players feel negatively about the whole update. And nobody feels happy when they are FORCED to buy boosters. An unhappy player better quit the game than will spend money on it. Yes, there are lots of "pay-to-play" games, but SE is called "freemium". Did they change their politics?
    And I agree with Bob Ross this way does not benefit Wulven very much anyway.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

That's the spirit!! And what's with all these poor peasants complaining about having to spend some money?

But I could never camp the merchant. That Bazaar guy smells bad...kinda like the way really old senior citizens smell

Suggestion to all - buy booster packs, sell extras to that smelly Bazaar dude, and others do the same....and that's how capitalism works! Actually I don't even know what capitalism is, it just sounded like the right word to insert to complete the sentence...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    ^^ I completely agree
    btw - I don't think they need to restock the merchant to achieve this, just make the cost higher, so people can't just camp the merchant and buy all the cards; they'll run out of gold before they get all the cards and so there'll be enough cards for everyone to get a few of the cards they want.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    I have a billion shadow-crystals because I am filthy rich with trust-funds. While I rehab from gambling addiction I treat booster packs like penny slot-machines. We're just missing the 45 year old divorced-cocktail-waitress-with-too-much-make-up on serving me free drinks...

I plan to be magnanimous later.

But I need to acquire the currency to buy me out of noobishness. That imaginary currency has strangely eluded me in my endeavors..... But I digress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowstalker View Post
    I just love your comments... :-)

+1 xD
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-04-2016 at 05:51 AM.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Order, order! I demand order!
    I see you lot, everyone tries to explain how to deal with the situation. "Be patient", "camp the merchant", "leave the game".
    Please!
    Let me a sure you gentlemen, we all been patient enough, there should not be any more waiting!
    Above that, we should not crowd around the merchant like a thirsty mob. We should all have a drink, pays with good gold!
    And the worst, "leave the game". You tell me to leave the game? I was here before you had a smartphone son. If people like me leave this game, there will be no community, there will be 4 players left to play and stall when they lose!

I say, enough of this! If any of you think that Wulven is build around your small poket money for boosters, you're delusional! Did nobody notice the commercials are back?
    Does nobody remember the Kickstart campaign?
    Wulven should treat us better, and we should not explain their moves, we should protest them, until every player who played enough games to have a ton of gold could buy the new cards!!! Who is with me here???

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasia View Post
    But why the change of the merchant hasn't been announced? For Wulven it would be better to receive the negative feedback first and then give players the new set of cards than making players feel negatively about the whole update. And nobody feels happy when they are FORCED to buy boosters. An unhappy player better quit the game than will spend money on it. Yes, there are lots of "pay-to-play" games, but SE is called "freemium". Did they change their politics?
    And I agree with Bob Ross this way does not benefit Wulven very much anyway.
    that was my main problem... it wasnt announced before. i dont like the pack only approach but i can deal with it. but not knowing it was going to be that way, so i could save some of the SC i got from buying the specials to purchase packs for LL instead really ticked me off.

that said, camping the merchant, i have 1 complete x4 playset on my main account, i am missing 6 rares on my second main account (4 of them are aldmor conflux, ugh). and 3 other accounts have about half of the epics and all commons/uncommons/rares. but i have spent HOURS over the last few days camping the merchant.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    that was my main problem... it wasnt announced before. i dont like the pack only approach but i can deal with it. but not knowing it was going to be that way, so i could save some of the SC i got from buying the specials to purchase packs for LL instead really ticked me off.

that said, camping the merchant, i have 1 complete x4 playset on my main account, i am missing 6 rares on my second main account (4 of them are aldmor conflux, ugh). and 3 other accounts have about half of the epics and all commons/uncommons/rares. but i have spent HOURS over the last few days camping the merchant.
    Hours of incredible fun, I bet.
    God, I'll never do that and if this means I'll have to leave the game... So be it.