Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Senior Member Mightyoak713's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Outside the Box
    Posts
    1,284
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Blog Entries
    1

    Gold Outlet Suggestion

    There is a fair amount of "buzz" over the " new" merchant pertaining to the lack of incentive for gold/selling cards for gold. I would like to suggest since LL is released somewhat a "goal" for the gold. With Campaign talk and such I would suggest that missions cost gold with cards as rewards, this would be a way to acquire the cards via gold and with an access of up to rare( could even make extremely expensive missions/highly difficult more worth the time/money) flood the market/merchant with cards for the overall masses.
    Also, I would suggest "free" mission(s) per week, non exchangeable ofc, for those new to the game and still a long way to go, considering the price(gold) increase with each new set you still need a path for the newer players(if its to stay f2p/near f2w) so they are not discouraged to at the least start out and try the game then invest money for sc.

    Hope this helps, feel free to add to the idea
    Never let the Right Thing be a matter of Convenience

  2. #2
    Senior Member Leviosablade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Posts
    838
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I feel adding alternate source of purchasing packs for gold
    Like 5000-10000 gold for just basic packs like Cotc DP SF and LL
    Hero packs and premium should be shadow crystals only
    And I agree with OP!
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

    LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

    Blue Phoneix Guild Leader


    JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

  3. #3
    Member divinenibru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    43
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Some sort of achievement system would be cool as well. Eg win a qm match with x character. Kill 3 allies in one turn. Win 2 consecutive matches...

    These types of daily/weekly missions could reward some small amounts of gold. Possibly sc if you complete many missions in a week or something.

  4. #4
    Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,660
    Tournaments Joined
    2
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Current system requires people to buy packs and re-sell to merchant (for gold) to be available to players not buying packs.
    Each booster bought contains 1 rare/epic.
    There are currently 22 rare/epic cards.
    For purpose of argument, we shall assuming rare/epic have same drop rate.
    To obtain 4x of all cards, 88 packs must be bought (on average, across all players, to obtain equilibrium for rares+epics).
    88 packs costs 13,200 SC.
    Assuming parts 2 and 3 have a similar model, it will be 39,600 SC across all players to obtain a full set.
    This compares with 8,xxx SC to obtain a full playset of previous sets.
    2,700 SC can be obtained with $20. (in game store)
    The average cost for a full playset of LL equates to $293.33

    Given that cost, there will be extra common/uncommon cards sold to merchant for gold.
    In its current state, there will exist a ton of extra gold that players cannot do anything with, given the need for rares + epics.
    To alleviate this, boosters should be made available for gold.

    The other issue of note is the increase of cost for LL compared to other sets. 39,600 vs 8,xxx.
    $293.33 for a full set is in the p2w arena.

  5. #5
    Senior Member tafkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    EARTH
    Posts
    615
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    I'd agree that some sort of incentive could be attained without too much loss to revenue, I think there is still the "watch this video" and get 5 SC's deal on mobile platforms already and nothing like it for the other platforms.

    Auction house and Campaign would go a long way toward appeasing the masses, one rewards the rich (and the poor sellers) and the other rewards the diligent provided it has a decent reward system

  6. #6
    Senior Member Leviosablade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Posts
    838
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Current system requires people to buy packs and re-sell to merchant (for gold) to be available to players not buying packs.
    Each booster bought contains 1 rare/epic.
    There are currently 22 rare/epic cards.
    For purpose of argument, we shall assuming rare/epic have same drop rate.
    To obtain 4x of all cards, 88 packs must be bought (on average, across all players, to obtain equilibrium for rares+epics).
    88 packs costs 13,200 SC.
    Assuming parts 2 and 3 have a similar model, it will be 39,600 SC across all players to obtain a full set.
    This compares with 8,xxx SC to obtain a full playset of previous sets.
    2,700 SC can be obtained with $20. (in game store)
    The average cost for a full playset of LL equates to $293.33

    Given that cost, there will be extra common/uncommon cards sold to merchant for gold.
    In its current state, there will exist a ton of extra gold that players cannot do anything with, given the need for rares + epics.
    To alleviate this, boosters should be made available for gold.

    The other issue of note is the increase of cost for LL compared to other sets. 39,600 vs 8,xxx.
    $293.33 for a full set is in the p2w arena.
    I agree but since it's a small set it's looking like a pay to play at this point the way merchant is

    The need an auction house where you can sell and buy cards for shadow crystals and gold

    And be able to buy packs with gold
    There's no point in gold anymore really
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

    LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

    Blue Phoneix Guild Leader


    JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

  7. #7
    Senior Member qaz92zaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NJ GMT -5
    Posts
    1,502
    Tournaments Joined
    4
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviosablade View Post
    I agree but since it's a small set it's looking like a pay to play at this point the way merchant is

    The need an auction house where you can sell and buy cards for shadow crystals and gold

    And be able to buy packs with gold
    There's no point in gold anymore really
    Basically this.

    It is particularly bad imo because the people getting messed over are the ones that already paid Wulven decent money. Very few of the FTP players are likely sitting on fortunes of gold, those that already paid money and spent the SC on premium decks to sell to get ready for LL are the ones hit hardest.

  8. #8
    DP Visionary tman507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.S.A, GMT -7
    Posts
    4,588
    Tournaments Joined
    6
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Needs to be some other outlet for gold for sure. Right now I have over 1.1 million gold (too bad not real money, lol), but no way to spend it, even for the LL cards I need, cause those cards are nowhere to be found in the merchant atm.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

    Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

    Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

  9. #9
    Devoted Fan Gondorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England (GMT+0)
    Posts
    24,077
    Tournaments Joined
    1000
    Tournaments Won
    999
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Needs to be some other outlet for gold for sure. Right now I have over 1.1 million gold (too bad not real money, lol), but no way to spend it, even for the LL cards I need, cause those cards are nowhere to be found in the merchant atm.
    Cards are being sold all the time and the rate of selling will only increase over time.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Leviosablade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Posts
    838
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Cards are being sold all the time and the rate of selling will only increase over time.
    Even if we buy all the cards we have left over gold
    I could buy all of ll and prolly still have 900k easily left over
    We wanna blow our gold for cool things too you know something more then single cards and a new game mode
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

    LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

    Blue Phoneix Guild Leader


    JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •