Close

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanes View Post
    Sorry but... when MTG release a new collection, they do A LOT of PRE-RELEASE and RELEASE the first week, so... ye, in 1 day you CAN buy (not all the set) but you can buy all the cards that you need for your deck in a merchant WITH YOU MONEY =/ probably some cards to a expensive price (for high demand/ low offer)
    I guess you can consider this phase the pre-release of Lost Lands then considering it's not out on all platforms yet. When it is out on all platforms, we'll consider it released fully and see how the new approach is doing. There are good intentions behind this and obviously we don't want to harm our game, so if it's not working out then we'll make some improvements. Thanks for your patience during this pre-release period!

p.s. I fixed the Righteous Strike bug yesterday and it made it into 3.10.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've sold excess from my packs (it's not much, but it should help fill out commons/uncommons for some people) - hopefully it helps a bit - I'm still missing a good chunk of rares/epics though... so yea, gonna be a while on those.

Lightning Quarry is displaying odd as well (veritcal rather than horizontal), but I'll drop that in the bugs section later today after I do some more testing.

Sadly 2 of the cards I don't have many of (read: 1 each) are 2 I wanted to try lol... Wulven Traitor and Wildfang
    Last edited by Alzorath; 01-01-2016 at 02:25 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If in each pack comes a hero, why canīt I resell the repeated ones I get? The hero copies never appear in the sell list.
    Iīm not buying more 15 LL card packs where half the cards are useless (I donīt play shadow) and get stolen by 1 hero card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Each pack comes with a hero, yes, but they're the previously released heroes, so you sell them like CotC/DP/SF hero cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No i canīt, because the hero copy wonīt appear on my card list to sell. Thatīs why Iīm saying itīs been stolen.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Mac and PC version will auto-update to v3.10 that has Lost Lands.

Android is up next. iOS in a week.

Unfortunately the Web player is being depreciated by Unity, and crashes my whole computer when I try to run it with the new version of Unity. So I'm uncertain if/when an update for the web version will be available.

People who preordered LL will have their unopened packs waiting for them. You can buy LL boosters in the Merchant. When people sell their LL cards, the merchant will have stock and you can buy from the merchant with gold.

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    There's 30 commons in total and 10 in each pack, so you are going to end up with a lot of duplicates. We considered just having a smaller pack, but all those duplicates can be sold for gold for you and give opportunity to others to buy from merchant.

As for not being able to spend your gold, we've moved to a new policy of acting more like a trading card game where you can only obtain a card from a pack or when someone else is willing to let go of it. (That's how the Auction House would be working if it was out!) We'll be monitoring the rate at which particular cards are sold from the merchant and will be adjusting prices accordingly, meaning that sought after cards will go up in gold value which should incentivise people who don't already have loads of gold to sell them. It's pure supply and demand, but it's going to take a while to get rolling properly. In the mean time, if you are opening packs then I'm fairly sure there will be more thrill there than normal if you find a card you can't get otherwise.
    I understand that you want to get a playset of the whole thing on Day 1 within a couple of hours, but I think we have distorted how people view TCGs by how we worked in the past.

When I buy MTG cards, I don't expect to get a full playset on Day 1 without opening a huge number of packs or waiting until some resellers have them in stock. When I buy Hearthstone cards, I don't expect to get a full playset without opening a huge amount of packs due to the high number of expensive Legendaries and poor sell-to-buy ratio. (I don't ever expect to get a playset, in fact.) When I used to play Lord of the Rings Online TCG, I used to spend hours in the trading lobby seeking out cards I needed and never did complete any playsets over the course of a few years.

See how things look in 24 hours or when it's out on all platforms. Merchant stock levels will progressively improve as more cards get into the system from opening packs. In the mean time, there are some decent commons that you could be using in existing decks, right?
    I guess you can consider this phase the pre-release of Lost Lands then considering it's not out on all platforms yet. When it is out on all platforms, we'll consider it released fully and see how the new approach is doing. There are good intentions behind this and obviously we don't want to harm our game, so if it's not working out then we'll make some improvements. Thanks for your patience during this pre-release period!

:sigh: this isnt some other TCG, thats one of the biggest reasons we play this game. this was a bad idea. its going to take months to get the rares and epics because people wont sell those till they get 4 copies... and even then, some wont sell the extras because they will now want to hold on to them to make money on them.

some of us stioked piled gold for this as well, bought extra packs and decks to sell to have gold. we bought premium packs with our SC because we were not worried about getting the new cards. it would of been nice if this was announced. now we wasted that money and you want us to spend more. why wasnt this announced? didnt want to hear the backlash before the release?
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    People that have tons of gold don't need to sell the cards because they already have the gold, they don't sell the cards then there isn't any cards to buy, there isn't any cards to buy so people get to keep the gold. Good logic.
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I know that you have good intentions Gondo u.u
    But if you check the merchant RIGTH NOW, have 0 LL cards :v
    If only pre-order and donator players have access to cards, considering they will sell only cards in 5 copy or more... and ALL THE PLAYERS are the buyers... is just impossible to supply the demand u.u today or in 1 month after is the same, is a problem about poor offer, vs high demand.. and useless gold xD.

Anyway, i tested some new twiligths!! they work great *0* so ty for u work =) i just hope other players can enjoy the new cards too.
    Last edited by Arcanes; 01-01-2016 at 03:06 PM.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Lost Lands

I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shittiest. Decision. Ever.
    I was excited by the new cards, by the new mechanics, by the lands.
    I was so close to come back playing Shadow Era, and... And I find this? Seriously? With no previous announcement whatsoever? (Heh typical, one could say huh?)
    Good job, guys. No seriously, great: now I just don't give a damn anymore.
    At least not until I'll be able to buy all the freaking cards with the mountain of gold I have. And thank you for having made me waste time opening boosters and selling tons of cards just to have all that gold.
    SE IS NOT MtG OR HS, for god's sake you don't have to make it like those. And this one was the feature that made it unique more than all the others combined: being able to play with ALL of the cards spending little amounts of money.
    And I'm not even considering the fact that there are still no auction house, no campaign, no new deckbuilder, no rewards for kickstarter backers... No I wouldn't have cared because I liked the news LL would have brought.
    Oh well, once again: good job.
    Back in the shadows now.
    Last edited by TripleHBK; 01-01-2016 at 08:20 PM.