Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Has anyone thought about the "No Change on old cards" policy? A lot of cards should be nerfed (Soul Reaper) and buffed (Ter Adun & Logan) from the previous sets. Yu-Gi-Oh does it. Why not SE too?
    Admin of Supreme Legion

Wisdom of Legion
    "We are legion, for we are many"
    IGN: SL Sappy
    Telegram: @SL_Sappy

Time Zone (not the arcade): GMT +8
    Want to join the Supreme Legion? Go here and here

PINOY SE PLAYER?
    Sali ka sa aming Facebook Group
    at paki-like ang aming Facebook page

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Mmmm Original:
    3SE: Target item in your deck with cost 3 or less is put into play, as if summoned at no cost. Shuffle your deck.

Anounced balance:
    4SE: Target item in your deck with cost 3 or less is put into play, as if summoned at no cost. Shuffle your deck.

Now i was thinking... that 4SE is maybe just KILL Aramia.
    Maybe exist other alternatives... like
    3SE: Target item in your deck with cost 3 or less is put into play, as if summoned at no cost. SACRIFICE A RESOURCE and Shuffle your deck.
    Or similar...
    But anyway, the good thing is... Aramia will be balanced.
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sappy dude View Post
    Has anyone thought about the "No Change on old cards" policy? A lot of cards should be nerfed (Soul Reaper) and buffed (Ter Adun & Logan) from the previous sets. Yu-Gi-Oh does it. Why not SE too?
    They haven't ruled out the idea of banning old cards, but they won't change cards that have already been printed...comes down to a usability thing. One of the problem with some of those other games is when a ruling disagrees with the actual text of the card, it then requires everyone playing the game to be aware of the ruling - which means playing the game with errata in hand. It really takes away from enoying the game. If there are a handful of banned cards, that's not quite so bad, but I suppose they've decided that there are no cards that need banning yet.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sappy dude View Post
    I'm not opposed at all to a few buffs (violet thunderstorm, mocking armor, nova infusion, etc. Moved to 5cc) but i am opposed to nerfing anything. Tell me, why does soul seaker need a ferf? It's fine! I dint see a single balance issue with it. Nerfs arent something that i think should be applied to the old sets, but rather a few buffs. The reason behind this is, well take snow saphire and violet thunderstorm. They are both armors that have a lotbof use and potential, but at 6cc they come waay too late for most practical decks to get any real use from them. However there is use behind their effects, so new armor could be introduced thay has the same effects, but are more balanced. The issue is that that would just make them completely worthless, and thered be no point in using them ever

However...if a small portion of time was oppened up to give a few balance changes to a few cards...this would allow these great concepts to become actually playable in a practicle fashion in the meta of today. I know it would cost some money...but offering up reprints for the new balanced cards would allow the changes to occur without stopping the use of physical cards

Though really we're just beating a dead horse on a closed topic. I dont think any amount of player requests will change this as long as there are still people interested in the physical game. Also, i think this is thread derailment and off topic subject....I'll stop talking now
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ter adun could actually be viable against aramia decks if it was a 3 SE ability as it would destroy the eildon cards or conduit cards they summon now boomerang maybe not but would love to see ter adun be in play more as its the most useless hero you can get

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To me it makes more sense from a business standpoint to just make new cards that are more useful than the older stuff rather than buff old cards

but in regards to the Aramia nerf: I dont mind it, but I dont think it was necessary

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How long until this nerf on Aramia going to happen??
    Ebeoph
    There is a single moment where....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Tell me, why does soul seaker need a ferf? It's fine! I dint see a single balance issue with it.
    That card is 100% busted. Late game you can easily heal 20+ health instantly and there is virtually no counterplay. You can't destroy it like Enrage, Soul Seeker, Infinity Core etc.

As soon as you compare it to cards which do something similar (Regeneration and Healing Touch) you can see how ridiculously strong it is. Sorry but a 3cc ability shouldn't be able to heal that much.

It literally has no downside. The only 2 "downsides" people mention are:

1) It removes allies in your grave, which is actually totally irrelevant unless you're playing Undead Elemental with Soul Reaper, in which case you're terrible and aren't qualified to have an opinion on card balance anyway

2) If you have not many allies in grave it is weak. This is false because if you have even 2 allies in grave, it already heals the same as the 2 cards I already mentioned which have the same cost. And those cards can't heal you back to full health from the brink of death under any circumstances.
    Last edited by Twio; 12-30-2015 at 04:34 AM.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Gondorian, rember to reword the card using keyword Seek.
    Thanks!
    Happy new year and have a nice holiday!
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twio View Post
    That card is 100% busted. Late game you can easily heal 20+ health instantly and there is virtually no counterplay. You can't destroy it like Enrage, Soul Seeker, Infinity Core etc.

As soon as you compare it to cards which do something similar (Regeneration and Healing Touch) you can see how ridiculously strong it is. Sorry but a 3cc ability shouldn't be able to heal that much.

It literally has no downside. The only 2 "downsides" people mention are:

1) It removes allies in your grave, which is actually totally irrelevant unless you're playing Undead Elemental with Soul Reaper, in which case you're terrible and aren't qualified to have an opinion on card balance anyway

2) If you have not many allies in grave it is weak. This is false because if you have even 2 allies in grave, it already heals the same as the 2 cards I already mentioned which have the same cost. And those cards can't heal you back to full health from the brink of death under any circumstances.
    Ahh see, i missread what he had said. I thought he said soul SEAKER, which is what i couldnt understand to be needing a nerf.

But since it's clear to me now that he did indeed say soul REAPER, I'd still like to say it shouldnt be nerfed. Being a class exclusive, it is exclusive to the elementals. One of the defining features of the elemental class is destroying their allies and converting them into energy to either A) heal or B) deal damage. Soul reaper is a great reflection of this, as it is converting the very souls of their fallen allies into health for themselves. Is it a powerful card in various situations? Sure as hell can be. But class specific cards are allowed to be powerful so long as it is accentuating a class strength. A signature style of play ( as discussed by gondorian in several threads). If we would like to discuss this further, perhaps a new thread is in order?
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox