Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Soul Seeker is so much better than Soul Reaper.
    A full health doesn't win you a game, itself has no threat at all.
    Soul Seeker on the other hand, is the super star in current meta, IMO.
    Neither of them deserves a nerf though.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is why i hated that they went physical( acting like they yugioh or mtg, struggling with a set for 2 years -_-) ) they wont buff old cards because they are already printed. Poor ter adun, logan and now aramia. The perfect describtion of shadow era is a rich game poorly managed. I never understood why if the digital game it has so much potential by it self they dont just focuse on it. Hs looks so primitive and shitty compared to shadow era . But because they (blizzard) pros, they know what the people want and they listen. I highly doubt we are going to see hearthstone go physical because that woulf mean they wont be able to buff old unbalanced cards. I have said this and ill stand by it shadow era wont shine until later on in the future.

This is a desperate nerf right at the end because they wont be able to changr her after they print sf.

Shadow era is one rich game manage poorly
    leader of the exiled ones
    honor is overrated

Want to join?come to our forums:http://theexiledones.freeforums.net

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh my God I agree so much to the one above! Remember the app competition is so fierce and other big TCG franchises are preparing or are taking the the mobile world already that SE is in danger of becoming extinct.

Sorry for derailing the topic but in my opinion on the Aramia nerf is that it's not needed. Because Aramia is still BEATABLE. I agree with Cait that raising it's cost may make her less playable but I think she will always be because her ability is so much better than Logan's.

And I agree also that you should buff all those card nerfed because of Aramia (Flameforged Gauntlets and Dagger of Fate)
    Admin of Supreme Legion

Wisdom of Legion
    "We are legion, for we are many"
    IGN: SL Sappy
    Telegram: @SL_Sappy

Time Zone (not the arcade): GMT +8
    Want to join the Supreme Legion? Go here and here

PINOY SE PLAYER?
    Sali ka sa aming Facebook Group
    at paki-like ang aming Facebook page

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    Soul Seeker is so much better than Soul Reaper.
    A full health doesn't win you a game, itself has no threat at all.
    Soul Seeker on the other hand, is the super star in current meta, IMO.
    Neither of them deserves a nerf though.
    They're not even comparable. One is a weapon which heals for a small amount if you use it to kill an ally, the other is a cheap ability which heals your hero for a lot and has virtually negligible downsides. It's like saying Tome of Knowledge is better than Grundler's Double, its a nonsensical argument.

Also I don't think anyone disputes that you can't kill someone with Soul Reaper. Overpowered here means that for its cost, it is excessively strong compared to other similar cards, which as I pointed out is the case here.

Realistically it should have had a cap at 10 or 15 health, because a 3cc ability healing you for twenty-something health is stupid. Obviously discard mechanics made it more powerful than was forseen which is why it went ahead in its current state.
    Last edited by Twio; 12-30-2015 at 01:49 PM.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzel View Post
    Hs looks so primitive and shitty compared to shadow era . But because they (blizzard) pros, they know what the people want and they listen. I highly doubt we are going to see hearthstone go physical because that woulf mean they wont be able to buff old unbalanced cards. I have said this and ill stand by it shadow era wont shine until later on in the future.
    The HS developers have already stated that they will not buff old cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ioY1KO79A

Quote Originally Posted by BenBrode
    - It's impossible to not have bad cards. Cards are judged on their power level in relation to other cards.
    - Making one better will make another one worse, now that card has become bad.
    - Changing cards requires a significant amount of time to tune them properly - the same amount of time new cards take to balance.
    - This then ends up setting back the release of new content.
    - New card designs fit better into expansions.
    - Changing old cards too much can lead to a negative response from players that have come back to the game after a break. They are no longer in a familiar environment with what they have.
    - Buffing old cards between expansions could lead to drastic meta changes, like those seen at the start of sets.
    - They don't want to get rid of the phase where the meta has settled between set releases - that removes the tinkering phase.
    - Cards that may not be powerful are still good for Hearthstone.
    - They can appeal to different types of players.
    - You can be encouraged to think in different ways.
    I agree with a lot of that, but we still do WAY more buffing of older cards than they do.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Every card has its way of being buffed without buffing the card itself. And if you think about Loganīs or Aramiaīs expensive SE cost as weak, a solution comes right to my head: Aldmor tribe. I would be more worried of Aramia if her ability wouldīve been nerfed, not just her ability cost.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aramia sells for 100-gold at the Merchant. I didn't tell the Merchant fellow of the upcoming nerf. I just took the gold and ran.

I think that old Bazaar guy might come chasing after me now for ripping him off....

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    The HS developers have already stated that they will not buff old cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ioY1KO79A

I agree with a lot of that, but we still do WAY more buffing of older cards than they do.
    Makes sense to me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    An idea: we could keep Aramia as it is in final Shadow Era 3.0 and make that the final expansion to the physical Shadow Era game. Physical SE is not really going anywhere and it's just dragging SE digital down. Then in the next digital expansion we change Aramia to 4se ability and drop no changing of old cards rule which was introduced because of SE physical.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is a much needed nerf. At least now there will be a bit more variety when facing a mage that isn't a rust aramia.
    And imo there is a reason aramia is nerfed after two years.
    I think that the nerf is coming because of the good synergy with the ll expansion and future cards in general. As some have already mentioned, it is the safest route to nerf her than having her in mind when developing new cards. For instance, a aldmor aramia may as well summon an item every turn after a while. Does this sound balanced ?
    Anyway, stop mixing the words balancing and nerfing. Aramia is easily one of the best heroes, if not the best in SF. And her OP-ness even affected the WP2015, where only one aramia was on top 32. It wasn't because she isn't a good hero, the meta dictated that any deck should tech against her, hence the lack of qualified Aramia. Heck, some even preferred Loest or even Eladwen for that reason and placed on top 32 nevertheless.

My 2 cents. happy new year, χρόνια πολλά από την Ελλάδα.