Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Zhanna Mist Deck

Hello! This is my first post here so I hope that I can get some tips on my Zhanna deck.

Hero***
    -Zhanna

Ally***

4x Puwen Bloodhelm - I use for my main T2 drop, prefer him over Champion of Irum and Twilight Opportunist since he has more attack than Champion of Irum since he already has the 2 attack right there instead of Irum who has 1 and only gets a buff when there is an enemy with cost 3 or more. Prefer him over the opportunist because Opportunist has to die at end of turn to get a kill and it is in my opinion a waste to try returning it to hand later with Roadless Travel or Retreat.

3x Aldon the Brave-If your going first and you have Puwen with this, you can control the board early well. The 1+ buff for all allies makes it an auto inclue in my eyes.

4x Feet-footed Messenger-Really good due to its haste. Good for its searching abilities allowing me find a Tidal Wave when I am in a pinch. Also amazing when you have a King's Pride out allowing me to instantly get a 3/6 with

4x Layarian Seductress-When starting second having Layarian Seductress helps a lot. Her stats are decent with her abilities.

4x Devoted Knight-Auto include due to his okish stats and ability to give you extra resource.

2x Elizabeth Winterborn-I like her especially for her ability to draw and give you a body to attack with if she is ever damaged.

2x Braxnorian Soldier-A good control card. He deals with the Rampant Krygon and any early game rush. Also deals with the strange Zaladar haste decks.

1x Nathanias, People's Champion- Just for the extra tank. I think I better replace this with a Viska or something cuz having him and he King's Pride is a little too much?

Abilities***

4x Focused Prayer-Auto Include in my eyes, no explanation needed though maybe it would be better to cut down to 3.

1x Resurrection-Recycle needed since I go through my allies really fast.

4x Tidal Wave-Maybe I should cut down to three???

1x Mass Purification-Pretty much means that warriors will be raging...especially Vess.

Items***

4x Wizent's Staff-I like this over Glass Chalice of Knowing. Glass needs 2 SE for 1 card. Staff gets 1SE for 1.

3x The King's Pride-Auto include for Zhanna, with this she can actually throw a punch.

Any suggestions to impove is greatly appreciated! :):)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Solid deck and nice write-up!
    Welcome to the forums!
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hello! And welcome to the forums. You should definitely check out all the spoilers for lost lands if you havent already...

Anyways, looks like a pretty standard deck. Solid. Elizabeth and maybe resurrection apear to be the only non standard cards. For future posts, it may be benefitial to also post the total card counts. To help anybody else who reads this, I'll post his total card counts...

24 allies
    10 abilities
    7 items
    41 total

Aeon and viska are a bit more useful than nathanias for this deck. They also fit your recource curve a bit better, since you dont have a 6cc ally. If youre wanting more allies, cutting focused prayer and tidal wave down to 3 can be done pretty easily, but its still nice ti have all of them in your deck. If you do that, id suggest adding at least 1 glass chalice. The thing about costing 2SE for 1 card is that that one card is a lot more likely to be one you need. You have more control of what you draw. So...if you need that tidal wave or kings pride, you have a better chance of finding it with glass chalice than you do with wizzents staff. (Admittedly, that's what you have FFM for, but he doesnt always hut the mark.)

Champion of irum may have 1 point less in attack than puwen, but he has a lot more staying power. He can become a 3/5 with ease, and when fighting for board control, that's nothing to scoff at especially when playing second. Id suggest removing one puwen, and adding 2 CoI. (5 2cc allies gives a great chance for a t2 play)

If you can fit em in, it might benefit to add 2 of A Legend Rises to the deck. The buff to attack and health is always nice, but it's the immunity to enemy attachments that's key. You have no counter to crippling blow currently, and just having these in your deck can often times give you a huge advantage over most warriors.

Anyways, hope this feedback helps. And once again, welcome to the forums
    Shadow of the Night
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With so many Devoted Knights I would swap two of the Layarian Seductress for two Jasmine Rosecult (she hits harder and when you have a ton more resources you can still use her ability). I would also swap two Puwen for Champions simply because Champions are a more useful play mid game.

You could drop a Tidal Wave, a Focused prayer, even one King's Pride, but I wouldn't in this deck ... they make for easy sac choices.

Honestly, this doesn't look like a newbie deck at all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Hello! And welcome to the forums. You should definitely check out all the spoilers for lost lands if you havent already...

Anyways, looks like a pretty standard deck. Solid. Elizabeth and maybe resurrection apear to be the only non standard cards. For future posts, it may be benefitial to also post the total card counts. To help anybody else who reads this, I'll post his total card counts...

24 allies
    10 abilities
    7 items
    41 total

Aeon and viska are a bit more useful than nathanias for this deck. They also fit your recource curve a bit better, since you dont have a 6cc ally. If youre wanting more allies, cutting focused prayer and tidal wave down to 3 can be done pretty easily, but its still nice ti have all of them in your deck. If you do that, id suggest adding at least 1 glass chalice. The thing about costing 2SE for 1 card is that that one card is a lot more likely to be one you need. You have more control of what you draw. So...if you need that tidal wave or kings pride, you have a better chance of finding it with glass chalice than you do with wizzents staff. (Admittedly, that's what you have FFM for, but he doesnt always hut the mark.)

Champion of irum may have 1 point less in attack than puwen, but he has a lot more staying power. He can become a 3/5 with ease, and when fighting for board control, that's nothing to scoff at especially when playing second. Id suggest removing one puwen, and adding 2 CoI. (5 2cc allies gives a great chance for a t2 play)

If you can fit em in, it might benefit to add 2 of A Legend Rises to the deck. The buff to attack and health is always nice, but it's the immunity to enemy attachments that's key. You have no counter to crippling blow currently, and just having these in your deck can often times give you a huge advantage over most warriors.

Anyways, hope this feedback helps. And once again, welcome to the forums
    Wow! I didn't expect such quick feedback and also thanks for the warm welcomes! I tried glass chalice of knowing and I just really didn't like. It always threw me back in the early game, making it more difficult to try to win back the board less I use tidal wave. The problem with tidal wave and the early board control problems from how much I had to deal with it I now realize. Tidal wave throws me outta wack. If I lose early board, I lose my t5 to tidal wave. Meaning that I would have to drop viska the following turn to deal with what my opponent might drop. So I went with +2 viska and - Nathanias I took your suggestion with CoI. And it does make sense to me now. He has better sustain. 2 legend of rises I decided no to really take because of the Mass Purification I have. So instead of going plus 2 on A legend rises I went +1 on Mass Purification since it can deal with more attachments like BF, CoF and etc.

With so many Devoted Knights I would swap two of the Layarian Seductressicon for two Jasmine Roseculticon (she hits harder and when you have a ton more resources you can still use her ability). I would also swap two Puwenicon for Champions simply because Champions are a more useful play mid game.

You could drop a Tidal Waveicon, a Focused prayer, even one King's Prideicon, but I wouldn't in this deck ... they make for easy sac choices.

Honestly, this doesn't look like a newbie deck at all.
    Thanks for the suggestions...I see what you mean with the jasmines. I think I'll drop the 2 layarian. split half and half. Layarian for going second. Jasmins for going first.
    Last edited by ThatGuy; 12-28-2015 at 04:26 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Heh, somehow i forgot you had mass purification when i said you had no counter to crippling blow. Woops, my mistake. Adding a second mass purification is nice too though, definitely gives the finger to attachment decks. A legend rises is also more predictable, since it's more common. As for glass chalice, dont use it as a turn 2 drop. You cant activate it on turn 2 anyways. With only 2 in deck, you're more likely to not have it in opening hand, but can imstead get it when you actually need it. After you have some board pressense already set-up. It then becomes a great turn 4 drop when going first, if you have jasmine already on the feild. In this way, you can use her ability, and then play glass chalice to look for your next card you want to play on T5
    Shadow of the Night
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra7 View Post
    Heh, somehow i forgot you had mass purification when i said you had no counter to crippling blow. Woops, my mistake. Adding a second mass purification is nice too though, definitely gives the finger to attachment decks. A legend rises is also more predictable, since it's more common. As for glass chalice, dont use it as a turn 2 drop. You cant activate it on turn 2 anyways. With only 2 in deck, you're more likely to not have it in opening hand, but can imstead get it when you actually need it. After you have some board pressense already set-up. It then becomes a great turn 4 drop when going first, if you have jasmine already on the feild. In this way, you can use her ability, and then play glass chalice to look for your next card you want to play on T5
    I see what you mean. If I go first dropping it T2 isn't ideal. But T4 with Jasmine is great! My final deck is as follows...

Zhanna
    Allies***26
    3x Puwen
    2x Champion of Irum
    2x Jasmine
    3x Aldon
    4x Fleet-footed
    2x Layarian
    4x Devoted
    2x Winterborn
    2x Braxnorian
    2x Viska

Abilities***10
    3x Focused Payer
    1x Resurection
    4x Tidal Wave
    2x Mass Purification

Items***
    2x Glass Chalice of Knowing
    4x Wizent's Staff
    3x The King's Pride

Edit: Ive been losing a lot to Hunters...I've never been able to beat hunters actually. Against Victor, his ability makes my FFM and Brax all useless, against Baduruu, especially the undead version of him, I always lose my chance to drop out my draw because by then he already has his board set. Gwen...she is probably the easier of the here to counter. Any suggestions?? I was thinking of bumping +1 on the focused prayer. Maybe even adding a few Rider of Ellos and cut down on the Winerborn now that I added the GCK.

Edit 2: Ive tried using this deck i made here-

Zhanna**
    Allies-37
    3x Puwen
    4x Champion of Irum
    3x Jasmine Rosecult
    4x Aldon the Brave
    3x Guardian of Unaxio
    4x Devoted Knight
    2x Lily Rosecult
    3x Tainted Oracle
    2x Elizabeth Winterbon
    2x Armored Sandworm
    3x Knight of the Golden Dawn
    3x Aeon Stromcaller
    1x Nathanias
    Abilities-11
    1x Forgiveness
    4x Foucsed Prayer
    1x Resurrection
    4x Tidal Wave
    1x Mass Purificatoin
    Items-13
    3x Last Harvest
    4x Glass Chalice of Knowing
    3x Wizent's Staff
    3x The King's Pride

This one sorta deals with the weaknesses of the Zhanna deck. It has 60 cards so it doesnt have to worry about mill/stall. It has draw from Tainted Oracle, Elizaeht Winterborn, Wizent's Staff, and Glass Chalice of knowing. I threw in the Knight of the Golden Dawn so it can take more hits from weapons and at the same time heal. I also placed in the last harvest bc once i get going with all my main draws, I can easily just overpower my opponent. I also threw in the oracle since he is pretty much a 2:1. The more uncommon card to run was the armored sandworm. I at first didnt really like how he was 5 cost and he really got in the way when i used tidal wave. BUT he can be a really good tank until i get my todal wave.

Now i have two versions of Zhanna i have no clue which i should favor as my main. The first one is more consistent and is thinner than the second, but lacks the ability to fight back if knocked down in early. The second though deals with that, but it lacks consistency unless i get at least GCoF early or Wizent's Staff by T4.
    Last edited by ThatGuy; 12-28-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    Ebeoph
    There is a single moment where....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Zhanna player huh? pjoe? :O
    Never let the Right Thing be a matter of Convenience

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightyoak713 View Post
    Zhanna player huh? pjoe? :O
    pjoe???
    Ebeoph
    There is a single moment where....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Solo gwen can be a pain, but mass purification should be the quickest way to take her down. If only because she has into the forest attached. She tends to ignore your allies and go for throat, so make her pay for leaving your allies alone. Baduruu youd definitely need to destroy the weapon. Lance is just a tough nut to crack for any ally based heros. Generally your best bet to beating a lance is to control their board, and limit their ability to draw for a bit. They may have to sac a gambit or two if you dont play any allies, which then leaves them ill prepaired when youbstart playing multiple allies each turn. (your deck doesnt look like it can adopt that strategy). For you, giving him more then he can handle is probably your best bet. Tidal waves to clear the board, and fatties after he uses his ability. Your 60 card deck should be able to do that more efficiently, but are you sure you have enough draw?
    Shadow of the Night
    Greatness, Reborn