Greatness, Reborn

Seeker of potential, hidden from the light
    Teacher from the darkness, the Shadow of The Night
    To you I bring my knowledge, hidden from plain sight
    And write it in my blog, bringing new things to the fight

IGN: BP Umbra Nox

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its fine guys. I tried to let you all know how this card rock's. I'll be playing meltdown until the next nerfing. Lol no reason to get into it since we have like 3 format warping cards out right now. This, twilight land and the twilight chick that brings back 3 twilight when cast. Fix them and then we'll see. Lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Even with the t5 this location is too fast and too strong.

First obviously, it is free to play, second the ability being reusable is just nuts, third when used in combos discovered, it results in quick momentum swings that leave opponent ways behind. Fourth it takes away from the skill of being able to get these allies on the field normally, why do it any other way when it is just so easy and effective this way?

A normal match is back and forth, based on resources cc and se, when this card ignores the standard by so much, it quickly favors the player, can even come from behind to completely take control leaving the opponent way behind all in one turn. Ended turn ahead, next turn now has to deal with a let's say Oliver and garina road. If playing locations sure you have a chance, enough cc to maybe get rid of Oliver, but what about those decks that don't have locations? Ground sink? Should every non location deck have ground sink?

The counter ability is pretty cool, but after an Oliver was dropped putting down 2 allies 1 cheaper doesn't do me much in most situations, and I still have to worry about the next 3cc beast. And still got garina to try to get rid of. While a cool ability it isn't something that really helps, it would work good in a deck built around 1cc cheaper allies. But as a counter ability to atomic bombs, cheaper rifles bullets don't even scratch the surface.

T5 garina road
    3cc target card in hand is put into play//all opposing cards cost 1cc more to play.

While the sides kinda of conflict, it gives a really good ability, but takes away any come into play ability and haste, and as well reduces the number of additional cards that could follow using the first ability. It would reduce the strangle hold the original card gave. Would allow for a different style, sacrificing other costs to reduce the cost of the big ones. Would be powerful but not dominate. Would need to balance between extreme high and extreme low costing cards. Not limited to allies.

This looks more balanced. turn 5 and 6 wouldn't be as damaging, both benefit, but benefit still favors the player. Taking away the come into play further weakens certain combos Oliver for example. And the add cost also slows search combos to reduce always finding the perfect card.

The more I think about it this seems really balanced. The need to use expensive and cheap cards would allow the deck to hold up early with the cheap cards mid game using location and playing one other card per turn late game can handle paying for anything with or without location out. All the while not over loading the field
    Last edited by Dvsklown; 01-20-2016 at 02:51 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On second thought would have to keep it just ally. 3cc target ally in hand is put into play. Tidal and others would then become the issue

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The card is not bad now. It's absolutely horrible. In my last match my opp played Garina Road. I felt like he gave me the best gift ever, crazy draw and crazy card spamming... Garina Road won that match, neither my skill nor my deck. Garina was played on T5, I won the game on T6. It was the first time I encountered this location after the nerf... Well, it's not just a card killed with nerf, it's a dead trap for people using it.
    Buff Garina

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasia View Post
    The card is not bad now. It's absolutely horrible. In my last match my opp played Garina Road. I felt like he gave me the best gift ever, crazy draw and crazy card spamming... Garina Road won that match, neither my skill nor my deck. Garina was played on T5, I won the game on T6. It was the first time I encountered this location after the nerf... Well, it's not just a card killed with nerf, it's a dead trap for people using it.
    Buff Garina
    No. Its still good. It has to be played correctly. More if a finisher. Ive played against akilled lance decka that still use it well. You have to know when tonolay it and have to k m ow when tonground shift tonget rid of it. You cant drop.on turn 5 with an empty board and expect tomwin. But a skilled olayer can still use well. Its much better. It was way too strong before. Very op
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The MiddleAgedNerd View Post
    No. Its still good. It has to be played correctly. More if a finisher. Ive played against akilled lance decka that still use it well. You have to know when tonolay it and have to k m ow when tonground shift tonget rid of it. You cant drop.on turn 5 with an empty board and expect tomwin. But a skilled olayer can still use well. Its much better. It was way too strong before. Very op
    I can't even imagine what cards should a deck contain to be unable to deal with one fatty having stable draw at the start of each turn and having an opportunity to play a lot of cards in a turn. Having only 3 resources you can play 3 crippling blows or 3 retreats or 3 2cc allies, whatever you want... And you shouldn't bother with a draw engine anymore, Garina Road is the best draw engine anyway.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    drop it T9, where you can use the ability + drop another fatty. you can also do T5 garina, drop ally, then use sinkhole/groundshift
    Vanishing Specter of the Lost Realms
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by blackphantasm View Post
    drop it T9, where you can use the ability + drop another fatty. you can also do T5 garina, drop ally, then use sinkhole/groundshift
    If a player is really counting on Garina, he probably has a lot of fatties in his deck, which makes his early game very weak. If he manages to survive 9 turns, he would be already in very low health when Garina come out. Army of fatties doesn't help him much in this case...
    And sinkhole doesn't get rid of a location you control, only of opp's one. So, T5 the player should have in his hand Garina road, a fatty, and Groundshift, spend 5cc and 3 cards to drop a 6-7cc fatty and exile his own location afterwards. I'd say it's a very unreliable and disadvantageous gimmick.
    Do you also think that the card is fine? That's strange...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anasia View Post
    Do you also think that the card is fine? That's strange...
    Nope, just saying that it's usable to a minor extent.
    Vanishing Specter of the Lost Realms
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn