Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Possible Bug? Timer will not count down for both players [confirmed]

Hi, not sure whether this is a bug or its a sync error. I have encountered this a few times with v1.263 on my IPod touch (Gen3).

In a game, after a player end his turn, the game will just hang. After more than 2-4 mins, the game will just remain the same. No defeat for either players.

When I chatted with the Player, I realized that on my screen it shows that it's his turn, whereas on his screen, It showed that it's my turn! That might explain why the timer don't tick, cos technically, it's not at our turns.

I have also encountered 'can't connect to database' error during this game hang bug. Not sire whether it's related cos it didn't happen all the time.

So far, I've encountered 4 times.

The latest bug was with Tzzzoz vs atomzed at about 0145hrs today (GMT+8). Hope this helps to check out the error...
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Had the same Error 3 times today! When you wait a bit you get few Server Response Errors in between.

Last game is just now against: OrangeZero - Solomon Grundy

And I got today a draw because of a server sync issue:
    IMHO these should not count to your rating since I was placed against a <100 rating player and thus lost 2 or 3 points. Since this is due to a technical issue this is not fair.
    I think the idea of the draw is that no one loses or gains advantage from it ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was trying to recreate the reported issue where player turns aren't expiring yesterday, for a bit. Wasn't able to recreate it yesterday but I'll try more in-depth later.

I don't want to go into detail here but there are reasons why the current rating system uses draws to adjust ratings as well. I'll check if it's feasible, technically, to adjust it so that games with sync errors don't affect rating whatsoever.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shure, draws (as in any Elo like rating system) should affect the rating that is clear but a game drop due to technical issues should me more a "no contest" kind of thing.

Thx for the fast reply!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This issue will be a thing of the past soon. Kyle will fix it and draws will no longer affect rating anymore ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i had the same bug, and i didn't want to wait, so i chose to forfeit the match.
    and i earned 50 xp and my rating dropped

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post
    Hi, not sure whether this is a bug or its a sync error. I have encountered this a few times with v1.263 on my IPod touch (Gen3).

In a game, after a player end his turn, the game will just hang. After more than 2-4 mins, the game will just remain the same. No defeat for either players.

When I chatted with the Player, I realized that on my screen it shows that it's his turn, whereas on his screen, It showed that it's my turn! That might explain why the timer don't tick, cos technically, it's not at our turns.

I have also encountered 'can't connect to database' error during this game hang bug. Not sire whether it's related cos it didn't happen all the time.

The latest bug was with Tzzzoz vs atomzed at about 0145hrs today (GMT+8). Hope this helps to check out the error...
    yeap,totally true!!i informed AnAdolt and wait for his second answer.at his first i understood that they only see the quick version,meanning the outcome,and not the amount of time played and the chat...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomzed View Post

+1 x 10

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay, I've determined the cause of this problem now. I'll report it to Kyle in a few hours, when he's on, and we'll get this remedied soon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I found a way to reproduce this bug whenever i want, but you have said you found too, if you need more details PM me,
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱