Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Fast surrender...

Why gives it no points if players surrender at the 2nd/3th turn?
    I really hate it to waste to many time with fast surrenders.

I play mostly Aggro Decks and that means that 70% of my clear wins are not counted because people surrender to fast ... Thats really dissapointed.

If the reason that it can be exploided, then please give harder punishments ( -ranking points) for give up to fast.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I doubt the number 70% :/
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Lol. Ask the pro meltdown players. We hate that even more. 5 - 10 mins to build a deck and all that effort and time is wasted when opponent quits before turn 5.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed, players should lose more rating if they quit before turn 5. Seems unfair that you should gain zero rating for opening Kris > Puwen > Aldon for example, when that's basically the deck doing exactly what it's supposed to do.

Obviously I understand that it currently works this way to prevent boosting, but I think there should be an additional punishment for people who forfeit too early. It would give an incentive for people to at least play the game out to T5 before leaving, so the winner actually gets rating points.
    GMT +13
    IGN: Exterminans
    Champion of Shadow Era for New Zealand
    Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdrJmXzISs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Index haha oke the number was maybe a little high. But while i created this Thread, i was a little bit in rage.
    Because my last 6 matches before this Thread, 4 from this are with opponents who surrender to fast...

@Raphael
    Yeah sorry that i forget the Meltdown players. You guys has really a harder this with fast surrenders.

So please dear Wulven Team, please give punishment for to fast surrender.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When opponents quit early, you aren't wasting time. You are both saving time, so you can move on.

I have no problem with early quitters getting dinged with even more rating pts loss, but I could never understand the concept of the winner claiming they should get points just because they spent 30 seconds in a game getting a cheap win (through no fault of their own, of course). It's not "wasting time" in a match when we are playing an Internet game to begin with....

But I can understand the argument for Meltdown, as it's a different dynamic, as Raphael pointed out above.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Make them loose one random card from the deck if playing QM or 500 gold if playing meltdown!

That should be harsh enough no? Christmas and everything, what a blast!
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    When opponents quit early, you aren't wasting time. You are both saving time, so you can move on.
    No. It is a waste of time. If my opponent surrender that fast, the match makes no fun (most important part) and gives no points or gold.
    On other words: i used my time (even if it only 1-2min) ineffectiv.

Definition of waste:
    " a situation in which something valuable is not being used or is being used in a way that is not appropriate or effective "
    Last edited by Spieler; 12-23-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was thinking something along these lines last night, but you posted first. I think people that quit T1 should be docked 50 additional rating pts, T2: 25, T3: 10 and T4: 5 pts. Obviously, I can "sorta" understand why the winners get no boost to their ranking but maybe give them "pity" gold for winning - say T1: 5g, T2: 10g, T3: 25g, and T5: 50g. Meltdown ... personally, I hate meltdown because of this. I virtually never play meltdown because it takes so much time to build a deck, and it seems so strategically random (which on one hand is interesting, but then to wait on a rage quit or DC ...). Anyway, it seems to me that people used to rage quit a lot less often before. Perhaps, make it so that you throw down 100g as an ante. The winner gets the pot (200) plus half of what you're offering the winners now in the case of a game that goes more than 4 turns. Prior to that the winner gets his/her ante refunded plus the "pity" pay I mentioned above, and the loser loses his ante and get docked rating like I said above, those that actually use the "concede" button should get 5g or 10g - mostly as a reward for using it rather than leaving us wait. Perhaps you can come up with a more elegant solution.

Speaking of waiting, sometimes I end up sitting here forever waiting much longer than the turn time limit waiting on the other player to make a move. I think your disconnect checker needs a little love in the code. And I'm sure I've been guilty of this a few times before I got my tablet. Say, I was playing and then got a phone call and then those few times I didn't gossip for a hour tried to get back into the game it said I couldn't join a new game because I was already playing one (mind you this was when I still had a droid 2 g - think DP), so then on my end I had to wait a while before I could play again. Regardless there are times I find myself waiting forever when I was one turn away from getting owned and they just disappear and I win (which is good - they forfeit), but there have been a few games when I am winning and wait forever only for the game to come back and tell me "defeat". Some of those I think might be forgivable, at least when it is storming and makes my cable provider glitch out, even if I have power it doesn't mean the cable "gods" do. Regardless, if I make some poor soul elsewhere wait and suffer even if it isn't my fault I should get docked, and they should win - right? Seems fair to me.
    Last edited by highmystica; 12-24-2015 at 02:01 PM. Reason: clarification