Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Future of Aramia (nerf or not)

Aramia Aetherborn Wisp deck -> Wisp nerfed
    Discard Aramia -> Dagger of Fate nerfed
    Piramia -> Flameforged Gauntlets changed
    Twilight Aramia -> ???
    RushŽnŽBurn Aramia -> ???

Many very powerful decks was made with her and many cards had to be changed. But I think the problem is in Aramia itself. If DT will not reconsider her ability, how many cards in future will be nerfed or changed to not give her too much power?

There was said lot about it in Balance threat, but I want to make this one specially for discussion about her only!

Here are some interesting ideas how to change her ability:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmiker View Post
    I still think her ability should just be "3SE: Seek target item of cost 3cc or less and put it on your hand." Still draws a card, still seeks the card she wants, doesn't benefit from tempo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanes View Post
    i Like it, the idea isn't make aramia useless, just prevent in future be soooo OP.
    Other change would be "3SE: Seek target item of 3cc or less and put it on play, and remove one resource." So she keep the fast seek and put in board, but the summon speed is forced to go down.
    My advice is: "Draw a card. Play 3cc or less item from hand for free."

So what do you think?
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aramia will keep affecting all the coming items with 3 cost or less in the future for sure.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    After some thought I think my own suggestion needs a slight buff, it would work better with items up to 4cc. This way aramia would still have a solid ability without being too overpowered.
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i agree. She needs a nerf. Seek ability for a hero is op. Lost lands will bring us new cards with this ability, but they are allies, which we can kill, exile or disable. I can remember now that Ricochet trap and sanctuary can prevent her of using her ability... or a lot of priest of the light... or shadowspawn... xD

Your suggestion is fine.
    Messenger of the misty night
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agree

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    oh geez
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We already discuses this and my position remains - while I don't think Aramia is OP as things are now, I'd rather see a nerf to her ability right now then multitude of nerfs to items available to humans in future expansions.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are "less used" cards that can easily counter those decks you mentioned. Like Chain Mail to counter rush aramia, if some decks are popular in QM, you should play the counter to win. You could include 4x chainmail to easily beat Rush Aramia, also if you use a hunter like banebow you wont even have any problem with spelleaterbands or soulseeker. It's all about Good or bad matchup, Twilight Aramia Looses to Exalmentalis since she has problems dealing with Steadfast and 6 hp. Making a nerf thread just because its being played alot in top 300 rating QM isn't something productive. They aren't undefeatable, just craft better decks and stop playing with standart themed decks (not for you im talking in general) , like control zhanna or discard elementals. Add in invidual cards to help you play against (tech) against those decks and you'll see they aren't op at all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This is more about the constriction that aramia implies to future 3cc item cards than about her current status, I do agree that right now she isn't OP but then again, that was at the cost of nerfing pretty much any interesting 3cc item from fates. I don't like the idea that future 3cc items will all have to pass through the examination of "This card is fine with these heroes but would be too OP for aramia so we'll just make it 4cc".
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The point is, she's repeatedly a t1 hero. No matter the meta, no matter the deck used. She will find something to abuse. Every time one of her toys gets taken away there's a shift, and people start using the next best thing. So we're currently on the fourth next best thing. And it's still t1.

Imo this isn't an example of some popular deck in the meta, where everyone needs to tech up to teach it ba lesson. It's the fact that no matter the conditions, Aramia easily abuses whatever is the current best thing for her to abuse. No other hero has shown the ability to just sidestep having their current "best" card being nerft, adapt a whole new deck, and stay t1.

She is cancer. Cancer must be treated.
    Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Top 8 finish in WC 2017
    2nd place finish in WC 2016
    10th place finish in WC 2015
    Top 32 finish in WC 2014