Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.25 bug: Nova causes the end of the world

It seems that Supernova when used to kill the enemy hero leads to server hiccups / seemingly random defeats. I've rewatched 2 matches today where I finished off my opponent with Nova and it wasn't shown even in my own replays. The penultimate card was shown and then nothing. It seems that the server cannot save matches correctly that end that way. Supernovas become black server holes, basically.
    Not sure if it matters but my opponents (DelKim2003, iir the name correctly, and Swarog) had an ally in play when I used Nova and right before the victory screen appeared these allies were still on the board even though they should've gone to the graveyard simultaneously to the hero reaching 0 hitpoints.
    If the bug is indeed caused by hero and ally dying at the same time then the same thing would probably happen when using lightning strike as a finisher.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's just the way the game would animate the end of any match. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's seems as if fast forward was pressed and animation would go really fast. Never bothered me much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Had this Situation too against me, its not that it make Random defeats, the win goes to the player who survived the Supernova, its just not shown if it ends the Game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminee View Post
    It's just the way the game would animate the end of any match. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's seems as if fast forward was pressed and animation would go really fast. Never bothered me much.
    Nope, it's not animated too quickly or something like that. The record simply ends with the penultimate card and the rest is lost.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphos View Post
    Not sure if it matters but my opponents (DelKim2003, iir the name correctly, and Swarog) had an ally in play when I used Nova and right before the victory screen appeared these allies were still on the board even though they should've gone to the graveyard simultaneously to the hero reaching 0 hitpoints.
    If the bug is indeed caused by hero and ally dying at the same time then the same thing would probably happen when using lightning strike as a finisher.
    Turns out allies don't matter, it's just the Nova. Neither is the bug not caused when the enemy hero has no ally in play nor is it caused by lightning strike.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with Supernova, at least in the context you're describing. The reported issue is basically this one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with Supernova, at least in the context you're describing. The reported issue is basically this one.
    Could really be just that. Still, ever since i'm paying attention to it i couldn't find a single replay where my last card was shown if it was Nova (2 more since yesterday). Other cards were fine, but i didn't watch many replays admittedly (your own replays are so boring), so yea possibly just coincidence.