Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What I found this game has been missing for awhile

So I got to thinking about how a lot of decks get punished because they can get spammed by super nova or tidal wave or any spell and how there's no way to block them. You are able to destroy weapons, armor attachments, abilities but since spells have always been insta cast theres no way to stop that damage and it can be frustrating to lose the entire board and have your opponent cast a tanky opponent when most cards have already been used. Now Im not saying to remove this but when your hero gets burned and poisoned and then next turn the player plays supernovas and fireballs and theres nothing you can do to stop this I think a change needs to happen.

Was thinking of a sustain of 1 damage to friendly allies and hero to negate spell damage or negate the activation of abilities for x amount of turns. or something to stop getting spammed by spells that you cant avoid and top tier deck will always carry supernovas and tidal waves so looking for ideas on how you can fix it or if there is such a card coming to LL but I feel like this would balance it out or change how the way the games played as it would give other heroes a chance

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Spell Eater Bands
    Into the forest (blocks targeting anyway)
    Holy Sheild
    Stone skin

Imunity to lightning allies
    Immunity to fire allies.

It can be very frustrating to have your board wiped by TW or nova, but there quite a few tech cards.
    W all those mages running around now I see the frustration, but there's quite a few heros and allies set to deal with them
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    Spell Eater Bands
    Into the forest (blocks targeting anyway)
    Holy Sheild
    Stone skin

Imunity to lightning allies
    Immunity to fire allies.

It can be very frustrating to have your board wiped by TW or nova, but there quite a few tech cards.
    W all those mages running around now I see the frustration, but there's quite a few heros and allies set to deal with them
    two of those are for hunter or rogue and the other one is priest and mage so maybe putting this as a neutral card would make it so other classes could help I like spell eater bands but when you run a wulven deck or ones not in that list yeah it can be frustrating and you also have to be able to use these cards in your deck or center your deck but eh

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadyfigures View Post
    two of those are for hunter or rogue and the other one is priest and mage so maybe putting this as a neutral card would make it so other classes could help I like spell eater bands but when you run a wulven deck or ones not in that list yeah it can be frustrating and you also have to be able to use these cards in your deck or center your deck but eh
    With a Wulven deck at least you have Lone Wolf to compensate for having your board wiped out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by greasypig View Post
    With a Wulven deck at least you have Lone Wolf to compensate for having your board wiped out.
    2 health with both players have 10 resources doesnt really do much when they gain the board control again or still spam you with spells
    Last edited by Shadyfigures; 12-07-2015 at 11:34 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As a control player, I would love this
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadyfigures View Post
    2 health with both players have 10 resources doesnt really do much when they gain the board control again or still spam you with spells

No dude. A slim & fit Millstalker deck can withstand mage rush or burn. Easy. Most of the time. Except when they f*ck up my card draw.

Lone Wolf / Regen / Fullmoon .....are all divine gifts from Shadow Era Heaven. It's the cards of champions. Might be found in Wheaties boxes too.

I think we need to rally everyone to make Spelleater Bands a neutral armor. I would sign that petition and call my local Congressman about it....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    No dude. A slim & fit Millstalker deck can withstand mage rush or burn. Easy. Most of the time. Except when they f*ck up my card draw.

Lone Wolf / Regen / Fullmoon .....are all divine gifts from Shadow Era Heaven. It's the cards of champions. Might be found in Wheaties boxes too.

I think we need to rally everyone to make Spelleater Bands a neutral armor. I would sign that petition and call my local Congressman about it....
    yeah I can compromise and have that as a neutral armor easier fix then that and not every moonstalker is like the otherrrrrr but yeah any of these ideas would be great

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But you can play around all of these cards. I don't know what the problem is
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    welcome to the middle leagues...if you want to keep going up in rating, you'll need to figure out how to beat rush mages. Any hero that is tier 1 or 2 has at least one viable deck that can compete with rush mages.

I personally hate playing against rush mages and tend to play decks that are weak against them since my style is control. The trick is balance - making a deck that has at least some answers to a rush mage.

I also hate going against moonstalker because rogues (my preferred class) have limited answers to stealth. MS gets an advantage there - as you can see in the recent WC victory by BP Vince playing MS. What I'm getting at is that every deck has its own strengths and weaknesses. Part of becoming a good player is first identifying your own deck's weaknesses and second, learning to build or play around them. You may find it helpful to post your decklist and say - I'm having trouble vs mages, any advice?

One other thing I'll caution about trying to hose rush mages: they suck to play against, but they ground this game. Without rush mages, the amount of decks that can potentially be viable explodes. You wind up having completely random and unpredictable matchups against decks that shouldn't work. Typically this winds up being fatty decks that do nothing for the first 4 turns and then start playing fatties every turn. These decks wind up being competitive if there's no rush mages to put them in their place. As much as I hate going against the same mindless rush deck over and over again, going up against a mindless fatty deck is worse.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!