Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question consuming fear + stoneskin question

Cast consuming Fear on Jasmine - Have Stoneskin on friendly ally - she targets the ally that has Stoneskin attached - Jasmine "activates" her ability, resources are used for this - (at this point she has only 2 health left before activation and I figure she will die) - she does not - Stoneskin states "the ability has no affect" and thus triggers as such and goes to the grave. Jasmine lives.

I know there has already been a lot of discussion about Stoneskin and how it renders an ability to have no affect, however how is it that consuming fear did not trigger upon "activation" of the ability when the 2 resources were used for the activation cost. Seems like "no affect" is different from "never activated". I mean if it was indeed never activated shouldn't the 2 resources have never been used, or been replaced? which I know is not possible since the activation cost was paid. I know she is able to target the ally and trigger the Stoneskin I just would have thought that the Consuming fear would have triggered immediately upon the activation cost being paid, and kill Jasmine (who again only had 2 health at that point from a previous activation penalty) then destroy the Stoneskin.

In order for Stoneskin to trigger there had to be an "activation" of the ability that triggered it, Consuming Fear should not be stopped by Stoneskin since there was an "activation" or is there some other way to interpret the wording of these 2 enchantments in this combined situation that is not clear? thx

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for reporting this. You've found an unfortunate corner case that's gonna need some clever coding to cover it. You are right that the ability has been activated but Stoneskin has only taken away the effect, so Consuming Fear should still take away 2 health from her. I'll log it as a bug.