Close

Thread: Darkclaw?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Darkclaw?

Hi!!

I'm new here to shadow era, and tried a couple of heroes, but I couldn't find a decent wolven deck. I only found for 1.24, but that's obviously outdated.
    Anybody could recommend something for me? Somehow my deck isn't too competitive:

Darkclaw

4x Keldor
    4x Gargoyle
    4x Chimera

4x Captured prey
    4x Now you're mine
    1x What big teeth(just for fun)
    2x regeneration
    2x lone wolf
    4x Rabid bite

Any suggestions what to change?

Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well for one you have 2 Lone Wolves in a deck that runs 12 allies. Also, having cards just for fun doesn't make for a good competitive deck. I would suggest Medusil over Keldor I think.
    in game: DT
    A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I put lone wolf there if I find the board controlled by the opponent. Usually than I can shoot some rabid bite, and heal meanwhile, that's why the regeneration and lone wolf is 2:2. It's up to the situation which one I use. I'm not 100% sure about it tho.
    Teeth is already removed and replaced with regeneration until I find something better.
    Why Medusil?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually now that I think about it, I would suggest Belladonna instead of Medusil. I was going to suggest Medusil for more board control, but between Now You're Mine, Captured Prey, and Rabid Bite I don't think you're going to have any issues of board control. Draw power is a problem however, but I think with all the board control you should be able to play Belladonna fairly frequently without it getting blown up instantly.
    in game: DT
    A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey,

I think at the moment its quite hard to play with Darkclaw on a high level. My rating is always somewhere between 250 and 270 (think thats a good level, but not a top level?). I was able to play a Darkclaw-Deck on that level with slightly more than 50% wins.

First of all: 1x What big teeth(just for fun)
    Honestly thats the card which makes you wanna play this guy. It's the only weapon this game has (so far), that lasts forever. If you also get the speed-attack you can deal 2 damage to the other hero every turn and its even good for killing allys, as Darkclaw has a kinda strong defense and is able to take some hits^^

First I tried an aggressive build with 4x Firesnake, 4x Brutalisk and some other cheap allys. Full Moon or Bloodlust to deal a high amount of damage and those weapons to finish the last hitpoints. Anyway if you want to play this way you better pick a mage, who can throw some fireballs at the opponent for finishing and also has a much better posibility to get some card advantage.

My deck was (I'm currently not playing it anymore):

Darkclaw

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    4x Plasma Behemoth
    4x Belladonna

4x What Big Teeth
    4x Now You're Mine
    4x Speedstrike
    2x Lone Wolf
    4x Shriek of Vengeance

This one is built as a lategame-deck, so I didnt use any weak allys with cost 1 or 2.
    Strategy is to prevent the enemy from getting board control by removing his first allies (especially gargoyles, as they cant be killed by Darkclaw himself) with Now You're Mine and getting you hero as soon as possible equipped with his teeth (lol^^) and Speedstrike.
    From now on simply try to keep the board clean and increase the preasure by throwing you own (strong) allies on the battlefield.
    Lone Wolf is kinda interesting here. if it is in play and you have an ally out its always a hard decision for your opponent if he should kill the ally (but then you regenerate, what is very annoying, as it is not easy to kill Darkclaw without fireballs), or just leave it alive (but then he gets some more damage).

Infernale Gargoyle is very good to get some presence on the board if you dont have the teeth at the very beginning, the plasma guy is simply the best creature you can get and Bella gets you some card advantage and deals a good amount of damage, if she doesnt get killed.

The biggest Problem is that there are 2 Matchup, whcih are nearly impossible to win:
    Priests (especially the guy who can easily remove your Speedstrike) and even worse Elementals, especially Elementalis, as they can steal your high-quality-allys and if you dont play them they can heal fast, than you can deal damage.

On the other hand its very fun to play and is able to beat other very good decks like Gewenneth (I'd even say Darkclaw has a sligthly advantage here) or Maijya/Gravebone (be aware of their magical attacks).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks both of you guys, as you recommended I made your deck, and see if I can learn from that.
    It's a shame that darkclaw is so much underused, it deserves more attention!