Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

interface locking up a lot in Deck screen

Hi team -
    Lately the interface is locking up quite often on me in the Deck editor screen (only happens there so far). I know it's about to happen when I can not see pictures on all the cards. I took 2 screenshots for you, and pasted the small one on top of the other to save space. At the top of the picture behind the game screen you can see the activity monitor showing 126.1% cpu usage and the paste is of something else that shows up just as this happens (also from the activity monitor) says "open (NR)" now even though the Shadow Era task currently in the picture not red and not listed as "not responding" it is about to turn that way, should I use any of the "scroll" buttons to view other cards (in the deck or library), at which time is does lock up and not recover. I have to shut it down manually. I have deleted all trace of game and reinstalled and it still happens. I don't know if this has been reported much but thx for looking at this in any case - OSX 10.9.5

wonder twin powers activate "shape of an SE developer"

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. I think the reason for the high CPU usage is that there's a number of threads trying to get all the card images in the background. If you scroll through the deckbuilder then it puts more demand on it, which may explain the lock-up. If you wait it out without scrolling, eventually the card images should be cached and it not cause a problem. Do you allow the preloading at start-up?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes to the preloading, thing is it usually does not recover when I wait. Also can lock up without excessive scrolling going on, for instance I started to make a Badu deck last night, had about 6 cards in including the hero and was talking went to add a card I clicked scroll one time and it started doing it (spinning beach ball). I mention because I was thinking it was only happening when I got a bunch of cards in the deck, but not so the last time. I saw somewhere someone mentioned having too many copies of a card in their collection was causing a similar effect and they sold a lot of the excess and maybe I have too many of certain stuff? I dunno, thx for looking in.