Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Red face Old New Player Needs Help!

I played this game years ago - I'm guessing 4 or 5!

I got to level 8 (not high, but it took a lot of work), built decks, collected cards and decks, have crystals (or shards, or whatever in-game currency is called) etc.

I just logged back in and I cannot get the tutorial back, which I need, not only because I'm an old new player, but I am old and my memory is crap! I forgot how to play.

What is my best option for relearning the game without messing up my previous achievements? Ideally, I'd like to redo the tutorial (assuming there is one). I tried logging out, but the game is determined to remember me; should I clear data (can I even login as a guest)?

I really didn't want to create a new, separate account just for this....

I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy TabPRO SM-T900 12.2" with Android 5.1.1.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Trasd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you just downloaded it, as soon as you start playing, Layarian Diplomat will show up on your screen and guide you through the game's steps. I actually don't remember a tutorial in the past, but there is one streamlined into the game now.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    If you just downloaded it, as soon as you start playing, Layarian Diplomat will show up on your screen and guide you through the game's steps. I actually don't remember a tutorial in the past, but there is one streamlined into the game now.
    When I first run the game, it asks me for my login credentials. After I input them, the game goes to Layarian briefly, but when I tap the screen, it goes right back to where I left off all those years ago! I haven't a clue of what to do next (other than select an enemy to battle). I don't want to just run a game (unless it won't count against me) to try and figure out how to play.

I cleared my data (reset the game to a just-downloaded-state), but it does the same thing.

If it was a new account, I could see Layarian walking me through instructions, but it seems like, as far as the game is concerned, it thinks I know what I'm doing.

I'm thinking I need to create a new account so there is no data history associated with it, then login with my existing account to continue my conquest after I relearn the game.
    Last edited by Trasd; 11-26-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Trasd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here are some various tips to help out from one old dog to another:

When you get to the "world" screen on the game client where you can play, look at the bottom for the "Challenge" button and click it, this will take you to the game lobby where you can join the viewing of other peoples games (good place to watch the action)

Also when you are in the world screen you can play against the computer and it does not matter if you win or lose, this is where you can practice and gain some experience points and gold

Keep reading strategy articles in the Forum here and you can also find people to have casual "Unrated" matches with where you can learn a bunch

Possibly join a guild where your guild mates can teach you more as well

The game is relatively easy to learn and much more complex to master that some think so best of luck which ever way you choose

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Settings, Hit Reset Tips. That should do it.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Ganjamus, @tafkad & @Kaos Dark

Ah, thanks, very good suggestions; I will try these. If I can play against the AI and earn without loosing, I think that that will work, especially if I get tips again by resetting them.

Thanks!

EDITED
    Everyone was right! When I started playing (an AI battle), Layarian popped up and started his spiel....

Thanks, again.
    Last edited by Trasd; 11-26-2015 at 11:32 PM.

Trasd

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronit View Post
    First downloaded free version of it, Click on the Challenge button follow game steps. You also can buy the game and actually reward the developers for their thousands of hours of hard work instead of trying to figure out ways to play multiplayer on your stolen software.
    What the hell are you talking about exactly?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronit View Post
    First downloaded free version of it, Click on the Challenge button follow game steps. You also can buy the game and actually reward the developers for their thousands of hours of hard work instead of trying to figure out ways to play multiplayer on your stolen software.
    Wow, that's just so inappropriate (and confusing)!

Trasd