Close

Thread: Assault Lance

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Assault Lance

http://devdeckbox.shadowera.net/#/bu...x4&view=Images

Chainmail is wonderful in sth like this since it serves a purpose in almost any early-game situation. Sac' it if you think you're up against a seriously slow stall or control deck.

Sword Thief, Owl and Kris+Backstab are all situationally nice options to get a hold on the board even before reaching 4se. If they manage do that sufficiently on their own, your ability is free to be used offensively. I wouldn't discount Sword Thief because of the weak stats, sometimes s/he's exactly what you need to keep an opponent occupied on your down turns.

Going second against hard rush with a perfect hand you'll probably need a perfect hand as well, like: Kris to kill their Kris, Backstab to kill their Puwen/Cinderborn and Sword Thief against their 3-drop (alternatively Owl as 3-drop, but suicide your Kris in that case to enable Owl's stealth and also ping a 4hp ally down to 3).

Sometimes you'll stutter and stumble when IGG refuses to show up, but what can you do.

Only defense against Brax Soldier is to use ability straight after getting to 4se and/or keeping the other player occupied with things he has to get under control first. Wouldn't expect either to work out all the time, but running sth like Garth's Concoction or Assassination, which don't fit at all otherwise, just to deal with Brax a little better only serves to water the deck down in every other game.

Eriss destroys a bunch of control decks, so eh why not.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Really really solid deck! I have just a question: no stop thief at all? For example Baduruu is an easy MU with 4x Stop Thief but can be tough without...
    IGN: A1 Virpe
    Telegram: @virpe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by samu313 View Post
    Really really solid deck! I have just a question: no stop thief at all? For example Baduruu is an easy MU with 4x Stop Thief but can be tough without...
    It's not necessarily easy even then, esp. when he can keep you from reaching 4 resources, but ofc there are a couple match-ups where Stop! comes in very handy.
    It's still just tech though, not quintessential imo, since you're able to hide Irina or some lesser ally for a turn, then give her ambush with Backstab. If i wanted to make room for ID i guess i'd go with -1 Eriss, -1 Sword and -1 Backstab for +3x Stop!.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War