Close

Thread: Rating Ladder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rating Ladder

If I'm not wrong, SE used to rank players on ladder by rating. Now it's done by a points system which rewards players for being both highly rated and playing a lot of matches.

Could we have a concurrent ladder that ranks players by rating only, and has its own reward tiers? Would be fun for people who don't have much time to put in the many number of matches needed to win something on the normal ladder.

I understand that it may end up such that most of the prize-winners from the normal ladder end up winning most of the prizes on the second rating ladder. To avoid that we can skip/remove players who won a prize in normal ladder, and award the top X players of rating ladder who haven't won anything yet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are concurrent ladders for both the highest rating and ranking. It's just that the rating one doesn't get any prizes. I'm fine with that because the rating one can be fixed by getting a high rating at the very beginning of the season and then simply playing "staged" games with friends/alt accounts/alliance mates every few days to hold of the rating decay and gain a few rating points each time.

The ranking ladder doesn't necessarily show the most skilled players at the top but it at least promotes activity.

I would be interested to get another ladder that uses a formula based on both the rating and ranking to come up with a score. I think this ladder would be a good reflection of those players who are skilled and active in a particular season.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good point, but how do you "stage" games via rated matchmaking? I suppose you would need a lot of friends that are somewhat close to your rating and all start seraching for matches simultaneously?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The matchmaking takes into consideration your rating and tries to match you to those players that are within a particular range. Not sure how the algorithm works now but before, if you were let's say in the 350+ rating and there are only a handful of players in that rating range, you can pretty much guarantee getting matched up with someone if you both start a quick match at the same time. You didn't necessarily have to have a lot of friends to fix the matches.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think any changes which rewards those people with less time to play the game is a good thing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think all players should be rewarded for their victories and time spent in the game, this should be easily accomplished by using score tiers, this is by far the most fair way of rewarding SE players.

Example of score tiers:

0 - 10.000 score = zero
    10k - 30k = Random foil card
    30k - 50k = 2x Random foil cards
    50k+ = 2x Random foil cards + 200 shadow crystals

this in adittion to current prizes given to the top 25 players.

Make it happen please, it's only fair :P
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmiker View Post
    I think all players should be rewarded for their victories and time spent in the game, this should be easily accomplished by using score tiers, this is by far the most fair way of rewarding SE players.

Example of score tiers:

0 - 10.000 score = zero
    10k - 30k = Random foil card
    30k - 50k = 2x Random foil cards
    50k+ = 2x Random foil cards + 200 shadow crystals

this in adittion to current prizes given to the top 25 players.

Make it happen please, it's only fair :P
    Could use something similar but for rating tiers instead as secondary rewards for players on ladder.