Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gwenneth Era

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LotusBlue View Post
    Will return to shadow era when more variety comes. It has the potential to be a brilliant game and this is just the start.
    You will see a predominant deck in every new release just like in any CCG. It's not a SE problem per se.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    obviously elemental is more annoying

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullo View Post
    No i don't think so: if you play with an Human mage you have to wait until the 6^ turn to' cast some decent defence like Aeon or Sapphire; meanwhile Gwen will hit you with some bow! However the Sapphire can block only 2 dmg on a total of 4.
    You're kidding right? Sapphire brings a lot of gwen decks to a standstill. Unless they have a board full of allies as well, you have no excuse for losing to them once you get that out as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzie View Post
    You're kidding right? Sapphire brings a lot of gwen decks to a standstill. Unless they have a board full of allies as well, you have no excuse for losing to them once you get that out as well.
    Serious? Have you even played against a (good) Gwen deck with a human mage? Your chances of winning are kind of 5%, all good Gwen decks have some allies too, with Gwens fire power your opponent WILL have board control (or he's bad) and with 2/3 units in game a Sapphire goes down extremly fast. If he's smart he will not attack with Gwen on the Sapphire and let his allies take care of that while Gwen keeps your ally numbers down to 0.

A good Gwen deck will win 95% of the games against a good mage deck, the other 5% are only the onces where the mage has like the perfect luck and the gwen extreme bad luck.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A gwen deck with lots of allies, yes, although when I said 'most' gwen decks, a lot of them seem to rely on rapid fire to deal damage quickly. Taking them from doing 16 damage in 2 turns, to 2 damage in 2 turns, is a huge deal. And yes, a smart Gwen wont attack you, but as a mage, thats really all your goal is. Im not saying mages shouldnt use allies, but throwing them at Gwen is dumb in any case. Gwen is tough to beat with a human mage, but there's no way it should be the 95% loss that you are saying.

edit: yes i concede i originally made it sound like an instant win which it isnt
    Last edited by Rayzie; 05-02-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Junior Member Brainwashcitizens's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The Gwen killer, a plague deck, lots of tiny critters and plague... As a mage, shriek, or sunder arms or whatever it's called, I play mainly win Gwenneth, with allies, without allies, and yes, she is strong, OP? No, I do not think so, I have the same success rate with Majiya or amber, and I'm waiting to make a full aggro deck, and I'm sure it will have more or less the same success rate (and I am far from being good).

The most important rule in this game, as in any game (dare I say life?) is to have fun and enjoy it!

Peas!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainwashcitizens View Post
    The Gwen killer, a plague deck, lots of tiny critters and plague... As a mage, shriek, or sunder arms or whatever it's called, I play mainly win Gwenneth, with allies, without allies, and yes, she is strong, OP? No, I do not think so, I have the same success rate with Majiya or amber, and I'm waiting to make a full aggro deck, and I'm sure it will have more or less the same success rate (and I am far from being good).

The most important rule in this game, as in any game (dare I say life?) is to have fun and enjoy it!

Peas!
    Shriek is useless against Gwen. She does 8 damage for every Soul Seeker she plays before you can shriek it. 6 for every Demon Bow. That will quickly add up to 26. Armor is the only (and correct) answer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I always wait gravedigger or night prowler to shriek them quickly,
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentuequi View Post
    I always wait gravedigger or night prowler to shriek them quickly,
    Ok, that makes more sense. If for some reason you don't have allies or weapons to attack, then shrieking Night Prowler is a good move. The other one too.