Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Out of the Woods (Logan)

http://devdeckbox.shadowera.net/#/bu...x1&view=Images

It's mostly about pumping sturdy or hasty allies.

Wraiths are a wonderful tempo gain and occasionally free up a crippled Gargoyle. The merely mediocre presence they provide afterwards is somewhat mitigated with the threat of Banner and KP. Having just 1 of each of the latter isn't always ideal, but neither is having more than that. In hard-fought board control battles these kind of cards will sit in your hand for the longest time and you really don't want to ever top-deck additional copies. Same with Enrage actually. All 3 are mostly about tipping over a game in your favor that's been hanging in the balance. If you happen to draw them all in the opening hands, you probably can't help but sac' at least one - i'd go with Enrage vs board control-oriented heroes and/or KP if you don't have a Blood Frenzy.

Santa is somewhat necessary as support draw, just BF and SKs just don't cut it with the risk of situational cards like Wraiths, Enrage or one too many weapon being top-decked. Ofc when BF's not buried, Santa becomes mostly an auto-sac.

No Pithing Spear because without a 2-drop they're a rather bad T3 play and T4 JD enables some potential T5-T7 plays that Spear just doesn't hold a candle against.

I've used Hulk instead of Disciples at first since they theoretically fit better in an attack pump deck, but in practice the problem often becomes having your allies survive rather than buffing them up to sth amazing.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You don't want to start with the easiest heroes huh?

I like 3x KP in decks where it is the main winning condition, as I'd rather have too many of them and sac them than never finding one (Or, in this case, could be 2x kp 1x banner, but i find anything less than that unreliable, not to mention weak to destruction).
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think this should be put back in the woods. Also, a curse to befall anyone that finds it. Blair Witch style.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    I think this should be put back in the woods. Also, a curse to befall anyone that finds it. Blair Witch style.
    Is that a dare to bump the thread? =)
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War