Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

How do Elementals keep winning?

Note this from an elemental player:

Our only board clearing spell was nerfed to make us actually need a creature when getting stomped on to stop the pain. And then do 5 extra dmg to ourselves.

Transfer? What's transfer? I heard it was "pay 3, draw a card from a deck you haven't seen"

Mind Control, our only real answer to creatures was mistakenly buffed and then bugged to stop card opponents draw... Lol. Now it's up for the chopping block again.

Eternal renewal isn't going to be eternal anymore.

Elementalis is said to be "tweaked"

Our only spell to kill equipment makes us HBM ourselves.

Our only pump item makes our creatures have 1 defense.

We have no creature return. No creature kill. No access to portal. Our strongest ally only has 5 defense.

We have no access to research, but we can spam bad santas like they are free donuts at krispy kreme.

Half our other cards are laughable. And we only have one *true* creature, in spark.

Tell me how this is still going to be the op deck in 1.26. Lol. Just making observations.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Elementals piss people off so much and it made them play without thinking, rush for the kill, then lose.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah but all that garbage in combination adds up to an unstoppable killer deck apparently. I'd forgotten about E Discharge when I was having a moan in the MC Workbench thread..
    Must insert something witty here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The only problem with elementals is that it takes my Nishaven deck longer to kill them.

Dear Elementalis players: why do you even try to play your little "heal 5 damage every turn" decks against me? Does the loss hurt less when it takes you half an hour to lose? You can't win against me - stop trying!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Lol. Just wondering boys. I don't run that stall elementalis either, as you all know. My decks, strategies and ways to beat them I share publically.

Just wondered how many "rebalances" it would take to make them average.

Long live Zaladar and his army of life infusioned fatties!
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mharrizone View Post
    The only problem with elementals is that it takes my Nishaven deck longer to kill them.

Dear Elementalis players: why do you even try to play your little "heal 5 damage every turn" decks against me? Does the loss hurt less when it takes you half an hour to lose? You can't win against me - stop trying!
    Excuse me, but I run Elementalis stall and I run over Mage burn frequently. I can just heal over and over and you can't keep on burning me forever- you'll run out of spells. Sorry, just trolling.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm agree with you. The last nerf on Elementals was unapropriate.
    MC is just better than before because you can now abuse it with Elementalis.
    I think 1.24 MC was more balanced than 1.25 because haste + first strike mechanic is really too powerfull. 1.24 MC without haste and with the new retreat rules should works better than the current MC. Just add a new card who can remove effect and it will be balanced (it will balance blood frenzy, dual weld and rapid shot too).
    Energy discharge is near to be unplayable (only Elementalis can play it) and transference is now only usefull on Elementalis mirror match...
    I'm not telling that's nerfs are not usefull but i think that they should be less strong because nerfed deck aren't tier 1 anymore after patch and nerfed cards became unplayables...
    1.23 Eladwen is imba => 1.24 Portal became unplayable => Zaladar became the new Imba deck => 1.25 Transference and Energy discharge became unplayable => Elementalis became the new imba deck (Gwenneth and majiva are strong too).
    Now if Eternal removal is nerfed we will loose the only control deck available in SE and Gwenneth and Majiva will be nerfed on 1.27...

I'm not an Elementalis or Zaladar player. I'm ranked 302 with Gwenneth and Elementalis isn't a good match up for me...
    And… Sorry for my poor English level...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Elementals are still strong even with nerfs to key cards, that why I made the thread. Mind control is not the only reason my zal is steam rolling people. Basic play with infusion and zal's ability is very strong(see the decklist, no discharge and I removed transference pre-nerf)

Portal in 1.24 was still playable. With the vast amount of removal available and the newfound prevalence of people running it, it's likely portal wouldn't stay out long anyway. My grave uses portal now and it rapes hard.

As long as Elementals can keep their core spells (some decent version of mc, infusion and spark) with the heroes abilities, they will stay contenders. Throw discharge, transfer and mc in the garbage and give me just one replacement for creature removal and that'll be all I need to compete.
    A1 Elder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We have no creature return. No creature kill. No access to portal. Our strongest ally only has 5 defense.

This one cracked me up the most.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram99 View Post
    Excuse me, but I run Elementalis stall and I run over Mage burn frequently. I can just heal over and over and you can't keep on burning me forever- you'll run out of spells. Sorry, just trolling.
    You haven't played against me then =P

It's true, you can just heal over and over, but you have to remember to do damage to ME in there as well. I've got 4 of every direct-damage spell a human mage can have - your creatures won't be alive long enough to attack me, and you can only kill/heal 1 per turn.

The key to beating elemental decks is all about doing burst direct damage. You have to know when to cast it however, and I admit it's tricky to do well. For example, if I have a Fireball in my hand when I get my 3rd resource, I often won't cast it until I have 5 or 6 resources - two fireballs at once is quite a lot to deal with. Supernova also helps speed things up.

Out of all the Elementalis decks I've played post-1.25, there have only been 2 "close" games. In one I actually DID run out of cards, but I still won because I had him poisoned/on fire, and he neglected to do much damage to me for most of the game. In another, I got to 10 or less life because I used 2x Supernova and he stole a poison card from my deck which he used on me.

For the most part, I finish with 15-20 health. My record however goes to a game I played last night against an Elementalis player with an over-300 rating (post-1.25!) where I won on turn 9. He did exactly one damage to me with a spark on the second turn - I have no idea how his rating was so high when it seemed like he wasn't even trying at all. He only healed himself once or twice, too.