Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Meltdown suggestions

I think it would be better to keep your deck you create till you are defeated.

I think that prizes should be given to more people than just top 25 - you need to win at least 6 games a day to get into the top 25.

I think the current system rewards people who have huge amounts of time to play and does not reward or encourage the causal gamer who may be considering putting in more time to the game. The current set up makes me think 'why bother winning 3 a day when i wont even get into the top 25' so i may as well just play once a day.

If prizes were given for achieving your Longest winning streak during the week then this has the potential to reward those people who play 3 games a day as much as someone who plays 30 a day.

What does everyone think?

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I have suggested previously to give prizes to all of top 100.

I also don't like the fact that I spend 5 mins to build a good deck and then all that effort and time is wasted because the opponent disconnects/rage-quit early and I get no points/gold. Something could be done about that; maybe half the rewards, etc.

It's a npe and makes me wince

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree awards to the top 100 would be nice.

If we had it so you keep your deck till you lose then that would also solve this disconnect frustration you described.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Raphael Majere said in another thread about a prize at 10 victories in meltdown. I would agree with that .... Depending on the week right now it takes 45 -55 wins to get the last spot in the top 25 >> that means 50 wins is a Prize Pack and 100 SC.

so how about something like ... some rewards for 10 20 30 etc. How about every 10 wins you get to open a daily chest ? or

40 wins a SF Pack
    30 wins a DP Pack
    20 wins CotC Pack
    10 wins daily chest

and about " keep your deck till you lose" idea, that would just make really strong players even stronger at some point one grindy individual would find a deck to rule them all, casual players would suffer.
    Last edited by klaus_nthr; 11-14-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Could keep your deck to a limit of 5 games, then after that you could have to draw again but your winning streak counter could stack.

I think rewarding players who are attempting to reach the 25th spot is a good idea and receiving a reward after every 10th win would certainly be an incentive to commit more time into the game.
    Last edited by septicprawn; 11-14-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Alright. It sucks when you spend time and effort choosing a Meltdown deck and lose it all because your opponent quits or disconnects.

But how in the name of all that is holy would this be helped by allowing WINNERS to keep running the same deck until they LOSE?

Meltdown is an intrinsically chaotic format. If you LOSE and it's not your fault (your opponent quit too soon) maybe you should be allowed to keep the deck for one more trial, but nobody deserves to squat with a God deck and intimidate all comers all week long.

Perhaps a new Meltdown format such as King of the Hill could be added. This would be won each week by the first good player to put together a God deck, unless another God deck proved even more powerful.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Meltdown suggestions

My experience tells me the god deck won't exist. I have had perfect decks and still lost. At some point you'll run into the Gwen speedstrike Berserker axe and you'll lose.

I personally am not in favour of the concept of retaining the winning deck ( becos building new decks is fun) as a perm feature but the idea is pretty cool.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    I personally am not in favour of the concept of retaining the winning deck ( becos building new decks is fun) as a perm feature but the idea is pretty cool.
    Im agree with Raphael, Meltdown IS ABOUT build random decks.
    Keep the winner deck will lose the central idea i think.
    But what about Maybe a new mode for that? with 4 booster packs for begin, and win = choise 1 card from opponent deck for improve your deck and reset each week? or something like. Can be a nice idea, but not in Meltdown. Meltdown is cool
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓔⓢ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    ---------------------------------IGN:Mirrodim------------------------------

Here!! Arcania Expansion !! come and share you ideas!! suggest balanced fixes!! comment you favorite idea!! lets do a virtual edition with 200 cards of user's creations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The main purpose of this thread is to suggest that there is a reward to a greater number of players competing in meltdown.

I think the best idea so far is rewarding players after a set number of wins as an incentive to commit more time into the game and reach in to the top 25.

For example
    5 wins - daily chest > would encourage new players
    10 wins CotC Pack
    20 wins DP Pack
    30 wins SF Pack
    40 wins a random foil?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by septicprawn View Post
    The main purpose of this thread is to suggest that there is a reward to a greater number of players competing in meltdown.

I think the best idea so far is rewarding players after a set number of wins as an incentive to commit more time into the game and reach in to the top 25.

For example
    5 wins - daily chest > would encourage new players
    10 wins CotC Pack
    20 wins DP Pack
    30 wins SF Pack
    40 wins a random foil?
    Your thread was to indicate that not just the "top scoring" players should be rewarded - that there needs to be something rewarding for the casual players as well.

Unfortunately the current Shadow Era reward system is primarily targeted to only 1% of their player base - of hard core individuals (willing to play vast numbers of games and at a high skill level) and neglects the casual players. (who play intermittently, often at a lower skill level)
    This fundamental business flaw has been raised countless times over the years and with little improvement.

This is across the Shadow Era product as a whole, not just Melt Down.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post559103

I sometimes wonder if Blizzard's product development team view the SE forum as a number of suggestions/ideas that have been raised here on this forum have then later been announced and incorporated into their TCG Hearth Stone. (I.e. Providing a reward an the end of each season to all players, with the prizes being of increased value the higher the rank. Hence promoting an active player base at all skill levels)

Maybe v3.0 will incorporate incentives to capture and maintain users.