Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    If you are coming from other TCGs, "kill" effects didn't interact at all with damage. I believe that's where most of the confusion is stemming from.

Just go straight to the graveyard/discard pile. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

EDIT: I actually remember bringing this exact type of thing up early this year. Here is the thread for it. Overall, based on the poll results, only 1/3rd of the community, myself included, was on board with a change like your are proposing.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....o-Kill-Effects
    Other TCGs are irrelevant to the rules in this TCG. When understanding the rules of this TCG, all the examples given are quite clear to me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Other TCGs are irrelevant to the rules in this TCG. When understanding the rules of this TCG, all the examples given are quite clear to me.
    That wasn't my point. My point was the way kill effects interact in other TCGs would be ingrained into the mind of players coming from another one. SE to my knowledge is the only one that handles kill effects in this manner.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    A "kill" ability bypasses all damage reduction effects in the event that a Sandworm, which needs 7 damage to die, isn't left with 2 HP because of its own ability. Celestial Armor protects the ally because they are taking no damage, so kill effects are useless on them.
    But what if "ability damge is reduced to 1" like Viska with combat damage from heroes. In this case Tidal Wave should do 1 damage to that ally, same as NYM, MC...
    Your misunderstanding is the reason why we needs rules which explains this kill with some examples...
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !