Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Venomflame (Skervox)

http://devdeckbox.shadowera.net/#/bu...x4&view=Images

Idea is to use Bounty Hunter to accelerate to Emore Crossbow, which controls insanely well esp. when you don't even have to take a retaliation strike while an enemy is stunned. If you want sth more solid and conventional, Soul Seekers are always good, too.

Control comes from the bow, Poison Arrow and Shadow Font (plus a little bit of DMT ping). That is more than Banebow would need.

Behemoths are the main finishers. If left unchecked they mop up everything, so you want to preserve your se until you can drop one of them. That is sth Skervox does better than Banebow, who often has to clean the board first. Bounty helps pay PB's ongoing cost as well. Ofc relying on 5 hp allies so much means you'll struggle against mages.

Anmor's Elixir has pretty much ideal conditions here and is still only about as good as Hunter's Gambit, so take your pick. The general difference is that Elixir's draw is more reliable if the board is already in your favor and you just want to make sure it won't slip again because of some bad top decks.

There's no item destruction besides Scourge and no guarantee your opponent won't be able to control it, but once it breaks through you have a major advantage. Infernus is an alternative that can't shut down item-heavy setups, but in exchange can't be retreated, buffs Emore and helps vs mages. Esp. against warriors you can just sac' your 6-drop either way, but that's true for most any shadow fatty.

Acolyte deals with Sandworms and other resilient stuff.

The most difficult match-ups are on the extreme ends, solo stall and burn rush. Against the former your Behemoths will have to do the job and quickly, against the latter you need a good starting hand and it doesn't hurt if you're running Seekers and Infernus. Mid-rangier decks on the other hand can struggle a lot to overcome the poison lock.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am running a similar deck, with x2 Infernus and x2 Colossus and it's so much fun

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How does it work in qm? It looks kind of slow to compete with all the rush out there...
    IGN: A1 Virpe
    Telegram: @virpe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I've just tried it now, lacks draw power, might be better with some bad santas in it.
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmiker View Post
    I've just tried it now, lacks draw power, might be better with some bad santas in it.
    Try with Hunter's Gambit and Elixir, at least you won't be giving your opp cards too. Gambit is also useful to get rid of poisoned/disabled allies so it's multi-purpose (or triple should I say? :P)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tried a variation with Bazaar and things are flowing nicely, if I will have enough gold, later on I will try it with Bad Santa. Just played a match where I played the last 6 turns with no cards left in deck, but the late game control of this is amazing... just takes time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by zalow517 View Post
    I am running a similar deck, with x2 Infernus and x2 Colossus and it's so much fun
    Glad you're enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by samu313 View Post
    How does it work in qm? It looks kind of slow to compete with all the rush out there...
    Deck's indeed a little slow, but with a good starting hand you can get by as long as the other player's draws aren't perfect. Soul Seeker is also a great tool against this kind of strategy. If you want to beat rush consistently, i think Skervox is just the wrong hero to pick, though i would gladly be proven wrong on that account. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmiker View Post
    Iunno, for more draw i'd rather use a combination of Elixir and Gambit, since Santa is a double-edged sword or even a dead card against rush or stall. Imo you'll also be sufficiently able to spend your resources on sth useful between 4x Gambit / Elixir, 4x SKs and Acolytes and Behemoths as resource sinks; a lot of times anyway.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War