Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well you and i are free to think what we want... I and other people i met play, and also my friend, have tried this - how you call - "bad match-up, luck or not, and 300 works" and we disappoint. Because it's not possible in more games in a row, in a deck of 40 cards, not draw until half game or defeat a draw engine (i have 6 in deck) and the 120 opponent in 8 turn draw not only the draw engine, and an answer to my every move (witch to me with 40 card difficult happen) but also 4 copies of the same card. We think this is a jack ass. Then everyone is free to think what he wants...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Since when was 270 rating considered good?
    Hohoho you think you are great? Make a life...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xokrast View Post
    Hohoho you think you are great? Make a life...
    why make a life yourself when you can buy one, 100% legit from oggcorp!
    $10 per life + free p&p!
    What a bargain!

ts and cs apply. over 18s only. This does not affect your statutory rights
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xokrast View Post
    Well you and i are free to think what we want... I and other people i met play, and also my friend, have tried this - how you call - "bad match-up, luck or not, and 300 works" and we disappoint. Because it's not possible in more games in a row, in a deck of 40 cards, not draw until half game or defeat a draw engine (i have 6 in deck) and the 120 opponent in 8 turn draw not only the draw engine, and an answer to my every move (witch to me with 40 card difficult happen) but also 4 copies of the same card. We think this is a jack ass. Then everyone is free to think what he wants...
    Ohhh he got lucky, drawing 4 of the same card how i wish i got this every game. Also he may have more draw engines in his deck than you, have you thought about that?
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    Can someone please point me to the rule in the rule book declaring that 40 cards decks are the best?
    I want to file a formal report on why I am loosing with such decks

The Book of Millstalker, chapter 1, definitely supports optimal conditions with 40 card deck. Meaning your opponent has 40.

I know, right? Get to 500-rating like me, and then we'll chat.

This is my favorite thread of the month!! I nominate OP for Forum President!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The 40 card rule is generally true when you want to maximize chances of drawing specific cards. Good for you learning that. That rule comes from an understanding of probabilities. If you have 4 copies of a specific card in 40 then you have a 10% chance to draw it (depending on how many cards are left in deck). Similarly if you have 8 copies of a type of card in an 80 card deck, youll also have a 10% chance to draw it. If the specifics dont matter, and you can make due with having a certain type of card then a big deck can work.

Making viable large decks takes as much or more skill as making small decks. It also takes much more testing to tune them, and a good understanding of the game to play them well. Denying that and writing them off as newbish just highligts your own ignorance of the game.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, let me try explain this to you. Usually, you want to make card combos. Small deck with specific cards that work well together or at smaller groups. This way you get what you need to drop your combo and win. For example, rush mages use these cards because they can drop much dmg fast and win the game. But, there are decks in almost all tcg that don't require specific combos. Garth, doesn't have anything to win the game. Gain board and win. So keeping ratios the same makes deck good and sometimes even better. Many ppl support that small decks are better but accept fat as a valid deck. And, the fat decks usually just try having an answer to everything. As long as you got draw ( and there are plenty draw engines there ) fat deck never gonna be easy opponent (good fat deck at least). Also, fat decks been here for some months. Why none complaints? It's a game,you won't win always.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymos View Post
    Small deck with specific cards that work well together or at smaller groups.
    This is *generally* the case with similar card games. You won't see a competitive MtG player building a 100-card deck. However, Shadow Era just has a different kind of balance. In Magic, most decks are built around the extreme value of one or two cards (e.g. Siege Rhino, or certain combo decks) that are incredibly good. With this kind of game design, you want as few cards in the deck as possible to maximize the chances of drawing into your 4x or 8x win conditions. However, Shadow Era tends to be designed a bit differently.

In Shadow Era, there tend to not be cards that are EXTREMELY overpowered, etc. and *almost* every card is actually playable. There are fewer "crap" commons or "OP PLZ NERF" rares. There is no card in Shadow Era that is strictly better than another card in Shadow Era. Because of this, Shadow Era decks can rely on the overall value of all cards included rather than the extreme value of fewer cards and a bunch of filler that lets them get to those cards. So there are advantages to running small decks (rush out all the Aldons very consistently) or big ones (solutions to more potential matchups). And this difference in strategy is by no means a "scandal."
    "Give me an ally, and I will fight beside them.
    Give me a friend, and I will fight before them."

- IGN -
    The Spectre

Physical pre-order of: Call of the Crystals - Dark Prophecies

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

This game is a scandal

This thread is hilarious.

Imagine or visualize that Se is not a Tcg. And everyone always played with big 100+ card deck since Se started.

There would be no controversy.

Why should Se be forced to act/react like a traditional ccg? Hell, no.

That's the beauty of Se or other vs games: players will always try to make winning decks/strategies. (Necropotence and illusions of grandeur and stasis were considered shit cards until someone found a use for them)

If big decks work, then play it. If a small deck wins, play with it.

The op is simply angry becos the rules/environment/meta that he is familiar with, i.e Tcg, does not apply to se.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 11-09-2015 at 07:31 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Since 25th day of the month.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !