Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

New Global Feature

Hi,
    Some of you may know me or have seen me from time to time in the new global feature added to a game I have played for nearing 6 yrs now, wonderful game btw I absolutely love SE, but I am here to present a concern for this new feature( to which I have sent a few emails over providing screen shots of various players IGN due to the continual ignorant/disruptive behaviors of some), This feature is a wondrous addition IMO. It opens a new ground for interaction between players but with a new ground comes though that seek to test the very limits of it.

This thread is a plea to Kyle, the creator of a game I have enjoyed and backed since CotC and will continue to do so, until the cries of many are heard. There are kids from all ages playing games, its what alot of them do and there is also a small select group of..well they are not trolls but they are extremely disruptive and rude players/kids and after the many visits to global and my watching and jumping in to stop them, I final settle with pics and email to support. I would like at this time to seek Kyle and ask that, in the early stages of this feature, to please put mods on the global chat. Just the early presence would/should suffice and deter those attempting to ruin this experience for the newer ones. I have had many chats to dissuade the many who go to global and relentlessly bash anyone with obscenities and ignorant attempts at a "conversation".

It would please me to no end to see SE where is should be and will be with the right team of help and the continual vision being brought forth. I believe even temp mods or "reporters" would boost the visual aspect that you( se creator) care enough for the whole to ensure as much as you can that you are doing your utmost to attend to all types of players and seek to weed out the abusive online issues that are ever present in any online game.

Thanks for taking time to read this and I hope to see some input on the matter along with a swift action.

-MO
    Never let the Right Thing be a matter of Convenience

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree that some kind of constant moderating is needed. It seems every time I look at the Global Chat there is someone literally just posting obscenities for the sake of trying to shock people and it's ridiculous. I keep the chat turned off most of the time due to this. Keeping in mind that people of all ages/races/genders/backgrounds play this game, it definitely needs to be moderated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 to JTL

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree whole heartedly with MightyOak, there needs to be chat moderators.
    BP Xeno
    Defender of Hope
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree, but let's discuss what we're requesting. A dozen representatives of each major language around the world should have a special client with global chat moderating ability. This would enable them to easily erase an offensive comment or to ban a user for a set time for repeat offenses. Click, click, boom!

The normal client would need a way to tell the offender of the censure or ban, and enable the accused to appeal to Support, if they feel the treatment to be unjust.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hip hip oak! hip hip oak!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have to agree with oak on this I see all kinds of things on the global chat. A few mods would be nice to keep ppl in line. Thanks for the post oak
    Member of Shadow Era Titans

IGN: SET Xavier
    Telegram: @SETXavier

Any questions about my post or general message me on telegram

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree completely.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1
    Global gets a lil trashy in between the friendly matches sometimes.
    IGN: Houchens
    TG: Houchens

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    MightyOak, you took the words right out of my mouth.

While I think it's a great part of SE growing and expanding and Kyle after 5.5 yrs I have also watched and tried to do what little I could to be a promoter of SE.
    I've even been mod'ed one or twice, which is needed on the forums , in now what is Official SE rooms on telegram, even IRC was self policed by members of the SE community.

I've tried global a lot, but the last few weeks I haven't, one foul mouthed or abusive player in there can just ruin it for others. Sure, a little fun is always welcome , a little banter and trash talk , hey it's supposed to happen , but I've seen far more abusive stuff. Once or twice I , with others, tried to back down a nasty person, I've even sent in IGM to them , informing them of the CoC and the link to here. (I got a few responses that were as close to rated XXX as words can come) that's fine that's private.

But the lack of real or close to realtime moderation has taken me out of it a lot. (Not to mention opening it during a game or even just itself can clog the game to the point of freezing) If there were some way to block a users ability to chat, I should not be excluded by not going there because of the actions of a few. Those that choose to abusive should have to bear the penalty. Perhaps an added button at the bottom of the chat window to report abusive players, that gets checked quickly and then they lose the privilege of chatting for X period of time? Perhaps a few of us old timers could be appointed to verify reports, leaving the punishment to your company? I'm sure there's a way to do this.

I also find the single string convos to be very clunky, sure it's the same as IRC and TG, in essence, but there always ten convos going on and no way to scroll back enough to see if you got an answer. But that's just me.

I do agree something should be done to continue SE's growth and continued expansions.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread