Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Red face [SF] Crusader Nishaven XXX

Okay, so I've been playing this crap Nishaven deck lol.. (about a 50:50 win ratio). I usually don't share decks here, but I'm kinda interested in seeing if you guys can come up with a better version; or share some useful advice. Normally I will just scrap a deck idea if doesn't work out, (I'm not a competitive player anyways) but this one seems like it could have potential--perhaps in a future set. Clearly mages aren't meant to play attachments--which is partly why this deck is so fun!

Hero: Nishaven

Allies (18):
    2x Champion of Irum
    3x Cinderborn Fatebreaker
    3x Spirit Warden
    4x Zailen Crusader
    3x Tainted Oracle
    3x Viska, The Scarlet Blade

Abilities (21):
    4x Consuming Fear
    3x Blessed Protection
    4x Stoneskin
    4x Confluence of Fate
    1x A Legend Rises
    3x Supernova
    2x Ley Line Nexus

Items (0)

= 40 cards

How I try to play it:

The idea here is get the crusader and CoF out as soon as possible, and then just control the board with Nish's ability and Nova.

Nish only does 1 damage to an ally with Blessed Protection and Stoneskin (which is usually Crusader, but sometimes Warden)

If an opponent has too good of a start, I just refrain from playing anything but CoF and maybe TO before the T5 wipe.

The problem I'm having is that if I dont get CoF out, things get too dry for Nish. TO helps somewhat, but I hate that I have to play it. I'd rather play something like Braxnorian Soldier, Armored Sandworm, Fortified Wisp, etc.. And with so many attachments in this, I need as many allies as possible in this thing. Also, it could use more power than Viska, but theres no deck space!

Blessed Protection and Stoneskin work so well together, especially since there is ALOT of ability damage in the meta right now, so its not just to withstand Nish's ability. Plus stoneskin makes people hesitant about targeting the ally with expensive removal.

Other things of note that I've tried:

Phoenix Urigon (replaced with Tainted Oracle because I needed the drizzaw)
    Tome of Knowledge (scrapped because my turn 2 play has to be an ally or Consuming Fear, or else I lose )
    Radiant Wisp (nice idea--especially since the abilities come back if it dies, but its too weak if it ever needs to be played without an attachment, like on T3)
    Aldon (Dead on arrival if played early, usually unnecessary or useless late game)
    Burn (doesnt fit the theme, Nish gets tested every month)

Anyway.. what do you guys think? Add this or that? Or should I just scrap it completely?

Thanks!

Sorry if I offended anyone with this--not my intent
    Last edited by Kross; 10-29-2015 at 03:05 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i have a similar deck but i prefer eladwen because she is more control type ad thats what the current meta requires and it does pretty good.

here it is my deck is named eladwen's prayer:
    http://devdeckbox.shadowera.net/#/bu...n%20s%20prayer
    leader of the exiled ones
    honor is overrated

Want to join?come to our forums:http://theexiledones.freeforums.net

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Look for players that have a high rating in ranked that are using Nish and watch what they are using. IMO Nish is the hardest mage to use (I have never made a worthwhile Nish deck), I even like Loest more, but if I'm gonna use a human mage it will have to be Elda or Aramia.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nishaven is for solo deck only. Otherwise he has no purpose in the game.

Don't feel bad about your 50/50 win ratio with him. Nishaven is like a school drop-out. He will never amount to anything in life.