Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question Re-Released and Limited Edition Cards in Shadow Era

How would you guys feel about this?

But first, let me clarify what I mean by re-released and limited edition cards:

Re-Released

Let's take Spirit Warden for example. It was released in a previous set and its rarity is Common.

What if, in one of the parts of the Lost Lands set, a bunch of new cards are introduced that may cause Spirit Warden's popularity to increase. Therefore, Spirit Warden is re-released in the same set, but it has, say, a new art and an increased rarity? Or maybe its only available as a foil (which also means an increased rarity)?
    How would you guys feel about that? Would your opinion differ if the rarity scale re-released card was the reverse of the Spirit Warden situation (meaning, an Epic card or legendary rare card being re-released as a common or uncommon)? Would the rarity even matter in the case of a re-release? Does the card itself (and how good it is) matter?

Limited Edition

Another hypothetical situation here.
    What if everyone that entered a WC qualifier this year received an exclusive tournament pack. In it were cards that were already released in previous sets, but the arts were different and they had some type of identifier on the card stating that it came from that particular tournament pack.

Lets say that 100 people entered, so only 100 people received them. Assuming that these particular alt art cards would never, ever be available to be purchased or won again, would you guys be okay with that?

Note that I'm aware that this essentially was the case for the Kickstarter backers of Cotc and DP. However, to my knowledge, those very same cards that we got back then can be won or purchased now in one way or another. In the case of the Limited Edition concept that I'm referring to, the above situation would result in only 100 of those cards existing in the game, period! No more, no less. Hence the word "limited". I guess sort of like the WC championship finalist sleeves, except with cards! There could be other situations in which limited edition cards could be given, though. It doesn't have to be just for competitive players. (I'm not one)

Another important thing to note is that neither of these concepts would result in any players having less of an advantage over another during gameplay simply based on when they joined the game (which is why Corrupted Angel and Soulbound Angel are forbidden). This would strictly be for collecting/superficial bling purposes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No. They need to make new cards, not reprint...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by akratch View Post
    No. They need to make new cards, not reprint...
    Yeah thats true.. They should probably add some new cards to the game

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Would be nice like so many other great ideas posted so far but to be honest I think we all know how slowly things develop around here so at this point I much rather have the whole team pushing for LL release and v3.0 without any further "distractions".
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmiker View Post
    Would be nice like so many other great ideas posted so far but to be honest I think we all know how slowly things develop around here so at this point I much rather have the whole team pushing for LL release and v3.0 without any further "distractions".
    For sure, LL and 3.0 should definitely be their primary focus.. I truthfully agree 100%. Though, I was simply wondering what everyone else felt about it, not necessarily suggesting it. just wanted to get a discussion about it going for now, thats all!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    But probably it's already in the draft another anthologies deck with cards from SF and LL including alternative art and exclusive foils.
    I wanted an image as a signature and all I got was text.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmiker View Post
    But probably it's already in the draft another anthologies deck with cards from SF and LL including alternative art and exclusive foils.
    Yes, but it would have to only be sold for a limited time period in order for it to be considered a "limited edition" set.. sure it could contain new cards like the crystals anthology did (loest and rothem), just as long as those new cards were re-released later on, but at a lower rarity.

That would generate some serious revenue for the company and for players (in game currency in the case of digital) because of the card market, assuming it ever comes out!
    Last edited by Kross; 10-23-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Would these cards be off-limits in a futuristic hypothetical auction-house?

And I would just like to add that I think there needs to be more "vanity" items for sale in the game. Not just sleeves/mats.

That way people like me (i.e. Having no skills but am filthy rich) can have reason to spend more money on game. (For example, letting us buy a digital beer-bottle that our Hero can drink throughout the match)...that would be awesome! Worth at least 20,000 shadow-crystals to buy. For sure.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    Would these cards be off-limits in a futuristic hypothetical auction-house?
    Of course not! That would undervalue the cards, which would defeat the purpose