Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajawali View Post
    what happen when the card is discarded via Thoughtripper Cutlass and Serena ability, will it goes into her hand or into the deck ?

Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    My guess is that would go to Serena's hand. The Standard Resolution order is below:

1. Active Hero
    2. Allies friendly to that hero
    3. Items/Support Abilities belonging to that hero
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 for opposing hero and its allies, items and support abilities.

So if it is Serena's turn (which it would have to be for her to have buffed her weapon to 4 to trigger the steal effect), the ability of her Cutlass would be triggered first, as she is the active hero, and anything related to her triggers first. So ability discarded by Serena with Cutlass, Cutlass triggers, the ability goes to her hand, then General would try to trigger, but since he would try to move the ability from his graveyard to the bottom of his deck he is unable to do so, as the ability is already out of his graveyard.
    Serena ability only lasts until the end of her turn - so she doesn't steal discarded cards in her opponents turn.
    (if she kills an ally with an attachment during her turn- it is destroyed, not discarded, so it also doesn't 'steal' it)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is freaking awesome!!! The ability is so beast for a deck I got in store !can't wait to use him
    The Last Archon Warrior from the Forgotten Lands
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

"A True Warrior Heart, Don't Pump No Fear"
    ~>Warrior Codes <~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nice in lance Unaxio ability deck
    IGN: A1 Gamer

kiptergarten sucks

A1 Alliance Click To Join A1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    My guess is that would go to Serena's hand. The Standard Resolution order is below:

1. Active Hero
    2. Allies friendly to that hero
    3. Items/Support Abilities belonging to that hero
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 for opposing hero and its allies, items and support abilities.

So if it is Serena's turn (which it would have to be for her to have buffed her weapon to 4 to trigger the steal effect), the ability of her Cutlass would be triggered first, as she is the active hero, and anything related to her triggers first. So ability discarded by Serena with Cutlass, Cutlass triggers, the ability goes to her hand, then General would try to trigger, but since he would try to move the ability from his graveyard to the bottom of his deck he is unable to do so, as the ability is already out of his graveyard.
    Yup, wouldn't affect Serena's stealing - unless as you indicate there was some way to buff cutlass to 4 (double reserve weapons stolen from a warrior opponent?) during the opponent's turn and then an ally suicided into the cutlass. In such a case, if the discarded card were an ability, it would go back to deck.

It does potentially change games against praxix though..and may give new options for cards like glimmer of hope.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So a dude that's not very good at fighting is a general. Makes sense I guess.

The Seek ability is very strong (Crippling Blow, Hunter's Gambit to name a few) but I'm not a fan of the statline, although it's probably like that to balance the ability.

It can be fine in Templar decks but I think it's probably played more in decks that want their key attachments.
    Last edited by Airact; 10-22-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This card makes me half expect that there will be some attachments with built in discard mechanics similar to what we have in SF. Of course it could mainly be for things like Cape and KoU but I would not be surprised if there are going to be 1 or 2 attachments that do something when discarded.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    So a dude that's not very good at fighting is a general. Makes sense I guess.

The Seek ability is very strong (Crippling Blow, Hunter's Gambit to name a few) but I'm not a fan of the statline, although it's probably like that to balance the ability.

It can be fine in Templar decks but I think it's probably played more in decks that want their key attachments.
    Well if you dont like his stats you could always seek an alr or strength of conviction
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    the following is from Here.

Gameplay Features

- a new type of card called Location, which will represent where the battle between our characters is currently taking place; this will change throughout the game to represent either a physical journey or a portal opening between places. Sides can win or lose control of locations, which adds a further meaning to the idea of "lost lands".
    - a new mechanic called Seek, which allows you to search your deck for a card meeting some criteria.
    - fully neutral allies, representing characters so far not involved in the conflict, with their own agendas and motivations.
    - the proper debut of the Aldmor ally alignment and their artifacts, which have so far only been teased in Shadow Era;
    - bolstering of each of the ally alignments that were established in Shattered Fates, as more allies from those alignments are brought into the conflict.
    Thanks for the explanation! So it seeks a card meeting certain criteria from your deck and places it in your hand I'm guessing, or it places it in play???

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    Well if you dont like his stats you could always seek an alr or strength of conviction
    And intentionally lower the value I get from the card?

I imagine there's a reason why his stats are like they are.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jtl2901 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation! So it seeks a card meeting certain criteria from your deck and places it in your hand I'm guessing, or it places it in play???
    That wasn't the full definition of the "seek" keyword. Compare the text of this card with the text of Aldmor Scout (which is the first card revealed that contains the keyword)