Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[SF] MS: Dances with Tigers v3.2 (top50 rating deck!!!)

So,… after DT buffed Bloodpack Shaman I decided to make Tigers dancing again. Not sure how powerfull this deck is in current meta, but I reached top 50 later in last season not playing much and I think I am in top100 this season too. So itīs definately competitive, but itīs weak against mages and there is lot of them over 300 rtg nowadays.

***HERO***

Moonstalker

***Allies (21)***

4x Shadow Knight
    4x Tiger Wulf
    3x Wulven Scout
    4x Bloodpack Shaman
    3x Dread Wolf
    3x Soothjaw

***Abilities (15)***

1x Captured Prey
    4x Now You're Mine
    2x Shadow Font
    1x Sacrificial Lamb
    4x Blood Moon
    3x Death from Above

***Armors (3)***

3x Wrath of the Forest

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero

Theory:
    As we know Tiger Wulf is best card in SE. He can deal with any single ally in game and also with every item in game (exept Lythian Sledgehammer). So more Tigers, more threat you can deal with. This deck is designed to play Tigers as much as possible.
    Looping (your head if you read it whole):
    BPS can retrive Tigers. SK can retrive Tigers. SK can retrive BPS who can retrive Tigers. Soothjaw can put Tigers back in deck (rare). Soothjaw can put BPS back in deck, so they can retrive Tigers later. BPS can retrive Soothjaws killed by ability. SK can loop SK of course and BPS can help with broken SK loop.
    This looping is very very hard to pilot, but if you find it you can mill 60 cards Zhanna so easily. Itīs not problem to play 12+ Tigers in one game…

How to play it:
    Itīs a very late game deck, so you have to survive start by small allys and NYMīs or DFA. Set some draw (Bloodmoon, WOTF or Soothjaw) and acumulate shadow energy.
    I recomend to sacrifice every turn to reach 10 resources as fast as possible. You need them for SK + Tiger, SK looping, SK + BPS + 3cc ally, Tiger ability + DFA + Tiger to regain board next turn by Tiger ability BPS (retrieve first Tiger) + Tiger again.
    Some small combos:
    - T3 Wulven Scout + T4 Dread Wolf to kill 4health oponent ally.
    - Play Soothjaw and suicide BPS in combat to draw a card and put BPS back into deck.
    - Tiger ability + Sac lamb on it
    - BPS to retrieve Dread Wolf when you need that one more haste attack to deal with oponent ally.

Some Card choices:
    Shadow Font: Perfect surprise card, won me lot of games. Best to play when you have 2SE and oponent looking forward to deal with your allys by his army next turn, BAM! Shadow Font and another 2 turns of stealth -> rage quit.

Midnight Howl: I play it 1x in my current version to test it (removed Capture Prey). Itīs good against mages, you can haste BPS before Nova for extra damage and fullfill your hand for next turn (cycling Dread Wolf is best). Itīs also good to haste Tiger use his ability and get him back later in a game (9cc combo). Itīs also good to set free some cripled or capturet ally to prevent die by Yari Marksman!

Grommīs Axe: This deck has big problem with mages and this card helps with them. It can make Dread Wolf 3 attack. It also can make surprise big swing T5 before Nova with some ally on board. I will check this option more later cause I like to see this card in this deck.

Match ups:
    (WR – win rate, PWR – probable win rate, not having enough stats)

Boris: 80%WR - he canīt deal with your 5cc allys, if he plays Dragonīs Tooth stealth your Tiger to destroy it next turn or lower the duration by stealthed allys (DT kills only on attack, not on retaliate!). Stealthed Tiger on KP.

Amber: 70%WR – she usually carry some Criplings, Seductresses, Marksmans so it depends how many she has and gets.

Logan: 80%PWR – he has hard time against stealthed allys, solo mill Logan can win

Ter Adun: 90%PWR – never lost to him, but solo or mill can win I think

Eladwen: 20%WR – the worst matchup, you will win if she will not get her novas in time (check her hand by Scout), lost in other cases.

Nishaven: 50%PWR – Tigers survives his ability so not bad chance, depends on Novas.

Majiya: 50%WR – depends on build, mainly on Novas

Gravebone: 70%WR – He depends on allys a lot and they canīt hurt you. Use Tiger on Dakrath or you can kill him by Tiger + SK attack. Check his hand for Novas by Scout.

Victor: 60%WR – DO NOT PLAY BPS BEFORE HIS FIRST ABILITY USE. He will get too big advantage by putting gambit on him. Do not let him draw a card from graveyard by his first ability if you can.

Gwen: 80%WR – she has hard time to deal with all those stealthed Tigers, use ability to destroy her weapons. Safe DFA on Snowland Spotter.

Banebow: 70%PWR – itīs very hard to find a match against him nowadays, donīt know why. But his ability canīt kill your Tigers without Krygon, so have Dread Wolf prepared or bring him back by BPS.

Baduruu: 70%WR – if itīs resource denial you will loose. If not, your chance is very good. Safe DFA for Snowland Spotter and use Tigers on weapons. He will kill himself on retaliate damage soon…

Lance: 90%WR – one of the best matchups.

Serena: 80%WR – also very good matchup. Remember that die on Black Garb triggers Soothjaw, so allys goes back = use Tiger on IGG or weapon play Soothjaw and suicide him. Do not attack into Black Garb or Uncle Breaker if you do not need to… she canīt deal with overhelm. Build super big army and finish her later.

Zhanna: 90%WR – I call this deck Zhanna miller sometimes. You will probably mill most of Zhanna decks, but you will win. She can play only 4x tidal so force her to do so and than take control back. Some ends can be fun: Soothjaw on board and suiciding Tigers into KP buffed allys. So you can deal with two allys per turn no matter how big infinity…

Jericho: 20%WR – Itīs almost imposible if he gets all attachements he needs… Embers loop will kill you.

Moonstalker: 70%WR - Your Tigers can deal with his stealthed allys, so its small advantage on your side. Shadow font will help here, and also DFA + NYMs.

Darcklaw: 90%WR - Deal with his weapons and you will be fine.

Elementalis: 90%WR – Only if he starts and you donīt get early removal he can win. If he manage Murderous Hulk + Exaltation play BPS with Tiger and stealth (7cc). Hulks ability will kill BPS and you will kill Hulk next turn by Tiger ability. Than play SK to retrieve BPS (8cc) to be able to play them with that first Tiger again next turn again (+ Blood Moon, NYM or DFA for 9cc).

Zaladar: 50%WR – it was better matchup in DP, now he can draw without Antimatter and deal you 3 damage by Spitfire Hound. So check him for MC and force him to play them when you are stealthed to do not take damage.

Tala: 80%WR – you have lot of ally removals so she canīt surprise you. Tiger on Sandworm.

Aramia: 60%WR – very depended on build. Heavy ally builds (Twilights, Homuncullus) is almost autowin. Super rush builds (Aldmor Conduit + Novas) almost autoloss.

Ythan: 60%PWR – his ability goes against yours, but he need to have board and draw. Who has board first usually wins. NYMs and DFAs are crucial here.

Threbin: 70%WR – Tiger can deal with Rod of Smithing and he usually has weak allys. Safe DFA for Templar Champion. He can ruin your day together with Justicar Alysia. Threbin ability triggers Soothjawīs one so feel free to sacrifice BPS into him just for draw and BPS recycling.

Garth: 70%WR – most difficult from rogues (ability + Garth's Concoction can kill your stealthed Tiger). But he usually plays many minions and you can easily play allys + NYMs DFAs to deal with them.

Vess: 80%WR – he will cary lot of ally hate attachements but they canīt stop Tigers to do his job. If itīs mill Vess itīs bit harder.

Raikka: 50%PWR – not sure if I ever play her… but she used to carry Novas… so maybe it can be hard.

Skervox: 40%PWR – his ability goes against yours so probably not easy matchup. Depends on build.

Bloodfang: 90% WR – You can deal with his fatties by Tigers and your fatties.

Praxix: 80%WR – his ability helps you to fullfill graveyard to have use for BPS, NYMs and DFAs on his minions. Soul Reaper can help him but most of the time looping will safe you.

Thanks for those who read it until here. Feel free to ask, critise, doubt…
    Last edited by maskee; 10-20-2015 at 12:27 PM.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Was looking forward to this release. Looks powerful, I'll try it
    IGN: A1 Virpe
    Telegram: @virpe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thanks mask
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome write up

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yo, awesome build! I maybe feature this one in my next week road to rank episodes! Btw i got smashed by this deck a week ago or so, really nice concept

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great writeup and fun looking deck. I'll try it out today.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    considering the fact that this is weak vs mages might replacing some soothjaws with some fire-proof allies help? I would imagine that a few allies staying on board through some supernovas would make a huge difference. Perhaps Flameborn Defilers or Furrion Terrors?

Also, nice write-up. I was thinking BPS would help this sort of deck, glad someone made use of it.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 10-20-2015 at 12:41 AM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sweet deck! I might take it for a spin@
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    considering the fact that this is weak vs mages might replacing some soothjaws with some fire-proof allies help? I would imagine that a few allies staying on board through some supernovas would make a huge difference. Perhaps Flameborn Defilers or Furrion Terrors?

Also, nice write-up. I was thinking BPS would help this sort of deck, glad someone made use of it.
    Definately Flameborn Defilers will help a lot. But I canīt put out Soothjaws out, they are so crucial against fraction with good ID (Rogues, Priests). They win you games. But I can do -1 Capture Prey and +2 Defilers... not sure what to put away, maybe one SK is option, but sometimes you have to mill oponent by SK loop so you need them 3x. So have one more for sac or use at start is good.

Now I am testing those Groms Axes, so Defilers will be next.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !