Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Adaptive Wrym

Name: Adaptive Wrym
    Type: Shadow Ally
    Cost: 4
    Attack: 2
    Health: 4
    Ability: Haste. When Adaptive Wrym damages an ally it gains its attack type and becomes immune to that damage type until the start of your next turn.

PROS:
    Hence when it attacks an opposing ally and damages it, it gains immunity to it's attack type and when the opposing ally defends Adaptive Wrym takes no damage.
    The ally is particularly useful against "themed decks", which use the same damage type.
    It has haste, so it may attack an opposing ally in play (always a useful on summon ability) which also enables it to gain immunity against a damage type until the start of your next turn.
    Like 'Death Mage' it can be used to chip small amounts of health from opposing allies.

CONS:
    Useless against solo hero decks, as immunity is only gained from attacking allies
    Immunity only lasts for 1 turn, so being disabled, unable to attack or not having an ally to attack renders it without immunity
    Doesn't have a high attack or health for its cost.

Edit: Revision

Type: Shadow Ally - Ravager
    Ability: When Adaptive Wrym is summoned target ally takes 1 damage. When Adaptive Wrym damages an ally it gains its attack type and becomes immune to that damage type until the start of your next turn.

PRO:
    • When it attacks an opposing ally and damages it, it gains immunity to it's attack type and when the opposing ally defends Adaptive Wrym takes no damage.
    • Can deal 1 damage to an ally on summoning and thus gain immunity against the target ally’s attack type for 1 turn. (Can target ‘friendly’ allies with ‘on summoning’ 1 damage ability, so it synergizes with Ravager allies)
    • Great for including in 'damage type' themed decks, as you can target a friendly ally, so it has the same attack type of your deck theme. (until it damages an ally, in which it would then gain its attack type)
    • The ally is particularly useful against "themed decks", which use the same damage type.

CON:
    • Immunity only lasts for 1 turn, so being disabled, unable to attack or not having an ally to attack renders it without immunity
    • If Adaptive Wrym can’t damage an ally in your turn, it’s effectively a 2 attack, 4 health ally (at 4 cost) – which is very weak.
    • Deals very little damage for a 4 cost shadow ally (I.e. compared to the 4 cost Gravemonger who can be summoned as a 6 attack / 6 health ally)

Compare an equal 1 on 1 fight against the 3 cost "Sabreen, Hand of Unaxio" +1 cost discard and "Adaptive Wrym".
    If Adaptive Wrym is in play (without immunity to arcane) - Sabreen, Hand of Unaxio will kill Wrym in the same turn
    If Sabreen, Hand of Unaxio is in play, Adaptive Wrym will kill Sabreen in 2 turns (if it targets her with it's ability to gain immunity to arcane and nothing else kills Wrym beforehand)
    Last edited by ShrapnelFox; 10-14-2015 at 04:49 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow I love your idea! Idk if the stats are ok for it (seems a bit underpowered) but better to start with an intermediate stats than OP ones
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm pretty sure this is OP but still a cool idea

why OP?

Compare to RK both have haste/both cost 4

RK has 1 hp and no immunity but potential to deal additional damage with a resource cost ability

Adaptive Wyrm has 4hp and an immunity to an opponents deck strength

I would think that allowing it to target an ally on summoning to gain permanent immunity would be enough and then you can lose the haste.

Attack: 2 (claw)
    Ability: When Adaptive Wrym summoned you may target an ally, gain attack type and immunity of that damage type of target ally.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Buqs View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is OP but still a cool idea

why OP?

RK has 1 hp and no immunity but potential to deal additional damage with a resource cost ability

Adaptive Wyrm has 4hp and an immunity to an opponents deck strength

I would think that allowing it to target an ally on summoning to gain permanent immunity would be enough and then you can lose the haste.

Ability: When Adaptive Wrym summoned you may target an ally, gain attack type and immunity of that damage type of target ally.
    compare to the newLL human ally, that 3cc with conditional haste, i dont think its op

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by okokokok1 View Post
    compare to the newLL human ally, that 3cc with conditional haste, i dont think its op
    Sabreen has conditional haste and is 2/4 and her ability has 2 costs associated with it (activation and lose a card from hand)

Immunity is very strong and really should not exist (completely) on a haste ally. I'm not sure if you remember Viska use to be completely immune to combat damage. That's was only one type of damage and it got nerf to reduce to 1 damage. so I would think giving immunity to opponents deck strategy (with haste) is way OP.
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by shrapnelfox View Post
    name: adaptive wyrm
    type: shadow ally
    cost: 4
    attack: 2
    health: 4
    ability: Haste. when adaptive wyrm damages an ally it gains its attack type and becomes immune to that damage type until the start of your next turn.

Pros:
    Hence when it attacks an opposing ally and damages it, it gains immunity to it's attack type and when the opposing ally defends adaptive wyrm takes no damage.
    The ally is particularly useful against "themed decks", which use the same damage type.
    It has haste, so it may attack an opposing ally in play (always a useful on summon ability) which also enables it to gain immunity against a damage type until the start of your next turn.
    Like 'death mage' it can be used to chip small amounts of health from opposing allies.

Cons:
    Useless against solo hero decks, as immunity is only gained from attacking allies
    immunity only lasts for 1 turn, so being disabled, unable to attack or not having an ally to attack renders it without immunity
    doesn't have a high attack or health for its cost.
    ftfy
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pls no more haste. Haste is too powerfull and breaking standard rules.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    Ability: Haste. When Adaptive Wrym damages an ally it gains its attack type and becomes immune to that damage type until the start of your next turn.

PROS:
    Hence when it attacks an opposing ally and damages it, it gains immunity to it's attack type and when the opposing ally defends Adaptive Wrym takes no damage.
    Like 'Death Mage' it can be used to chip small amounts of health from opposing allies.

CONS:
    Immunity only lasts for 1 turn, so being disabled, unable to attack or not having an ally to attack renders it without immunity
    Doesn't have a high attack or health for its cost.
    I wouldn't exactly call it useless against a solo hero. Nothing with those stats and non conditional haste can be called useless. The shadow faction is also full of cards that can bring allies back from your graveyard, as well as elemental decks that already have terrifying power with just a handful of haste allies

Quote Originally Posted by maskee View Post
    Pls no more haste. Haste is too powerfull and breaking standard rules.
    Shadow allies need more haste. That way I can make sure my haste zaladar deck and haste rothem decks are even more powerful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This damage type would include sword and claw correct?
    This would be fine as is just drop the health to 3 and you are following the ability to attack health ratio that the game tends to keep i.e. pruven is 2cc with 2 attack 3 health vs rk is that same model they just took q health for haste and 1 health for ability that is how it works usuallyish.. made up word

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rampant Krygon is 3 cost

I deliberately made it ‘1 turn’ immunity, so it had an easily exploitable weakness. (Permanent immunity is too strong)
    CON: Immunity only lasts for 1 turn, so being disabled, unable to attack or not having an ally to attack renders it without immunity

Rather than haste, how about this revision of the ability:
    When Adaptive Wrym is summoned target ally takes 1 damage. When Adaptive Wrym damages an ally it gains its attack type and becomes immune to that damage type until the start of your next turn.

~ This enables it to deal 1 damage to an ally on summoning and thus gain immunity against the targets attack type for 1 turn.
    ~ Can target ‘friendly’ allies with ‘on summoning’ 1 damage ability, so it synergizes with Ravager allies

CON: If Adaptive Wrym can’t damage an ally in your turn, it’s effectively a 2 attack, 4 health, 4 cost ally – which is very weak.
    CON: Deals very little damage for a 4 cost shadow ally (I.e. compared to the 4 cost Gravemonger who can be summoned as a 6 attack / 6 health ally)

Revision v2:

Type: Shadow Ally - Ravager
    Ability:When Adaptive Wrym is summoned target ally takes 1 damage. When Adaptive Wrym damages an ally it gains its attack type and becomes immune to that damage type until the start of your next turn.

PRO: Great for including in 'damage type' themed decks, as you can target a friendly ally, so it has the same attack type of your deck theme. (until it damages an ally, in which it would then gain its attack type)
    Last edited by ShrapnelFox; 10-14-2015 at 03:25 AM.