Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

TERror And DestrUctioN : I - Lord of Terror

TERror And DestrUctioN

I - Lord of Terror :

First post. New to the forums but I've been playing Shadow Era since CotC. This is a semi-solo type of deck using only two allies. A very popular Ter Adun control deck back in the Dark Prophecies Era which I've updated for Shattered Fates. This version of the deck is really fun to play and the play-style tends to shift from control to stall and then finally to mill (yes, I've said it... sue me). The most hated combination, I guess but who cares, it's Ter Adun.

Hero: Ter Adun

====== Allies ======
    4x Furrion Terror
    2x Yari Marksman

===== Abilities =====
    4x Crippling Blow
    2x Bad Santa
    1x Enrage
    4x Rampage
    2x Enslave the Beast
    2x All Hope is Lost

====== Items ======
    4x Bazaar
    2x Arthyle's Crypt
    4x Evil Ascendant
    3x Reserve Weapon

===== Armours =====
    2x Punisher's Gauntlets
    2x Snow Sapphire

==== Weapons =====
    4x Lythian Sledgehammer
    1x Dragon's Tooth

= 43 Cards + Hero

Ideal Turns Going First or Second :
    T1 - Sacrifice
    T2 - Bazaar
    T3 - Evil Ascendant
    T4 - Rampage
    T5 - Furrion Terror
    T6 - Hammer Time!!!

For a detailed strategy for playing this type of deck you can also refer to
    Caitlyn0's Version
    Preybird's Version
    who both inspired me to come up with my version of the deck

Changes & Why?

*Lythian Sledgehammer :

The obvious change you may notice is that I've replaced Berserker's Edge with Lythian Sledgehammer which makes all the difference, for the better. Some may not agree but I'll explain why Sledgehammer >>> Berserker's Edge.

Berserker's Edge :
    Pros: Cost 5cc - Attack increases with every hit
    Cons: Destructible

Lythian Sledgehammer :
    Pros: Indestructible - Exiles allies
    Cons: Indestructible (believe me it's also a con) and quiet heavy actually, costing 6cc

Damage Output :
    Berserker's Edge
    - 1+2+3+4 = 10
    with Reserve Weapon
    - 2+3+4+5 = 14
    Lythian Sledgehammer
    - 2+2+2+2+2 = 10 (+5 to opp hero if you're killing allies)
    with Reserve Weapon
    - 3+3+3+3+3 = 15 (+5 to opp hero if you're killing allies)

You do the math. And you can't include both, as when Lythian Sledgehammer is on the board, Berserker's Edge becomes a dead draw. And remember, you're actually trying to stall the game and Sledgehammer works wonders here. For once the dead shall stay dead (even the undead)

*Yari Marksman :

Killing is better in SF than crippling, hence Yari Marksman replaces Braxnorian Veteran. I've only added two copies because 1) His use is situational and 2) Once your opponent knows that you're using Yari Marksman he'll be careful while summoning his allies so you need to make the most of him. He's there for those high-cost and high-health allies and if need arises you could always get him back with Arthyle's Crypt.

*Enslave the Beast :

Useful in bringing most of the allies into kill range for the Hammer. You could replace it with Vision of Endia or Smashing Blow but I like Enslave the Beast for the artwork (guilty pleasure, I guess). It's upto you.

*Punisher's Gauntlets :

It fits quite nicely on Ter Adun. An armour with 2 defence and can also be used as a sink for your shadow energy against decks who run low on items. A perfect stalling card and if not, a bait for item dectruction so you can follow it up with Snow Sapphire. Can be replaced with Aldmor Conduit but I'm against it.

*All Hope is Lost :

The last card that I added to the list once I've noticed that I actually decked out the opponent on many occasions but couldn't win as I decked out myself. For a 40 card stall deck to win, you need to finish off your opponent as fast as you can once he's out of cards and that's where AHiL comes into play. Again only two copies because 1) It's use is situational 2) 2 copies are enough for the final loop 3) This is a combo deck so you need to squeeze in as much as possible for the perfect start. Never underestimate it and never sacrifice it, I was even able to beat 50+ Zhanna decks using this card. Ironically, it's your only hope when you've lost everything.

Strategy Tips and Tricks

- Try to concentrate on killing most of the allies with Sledgehammer especially those hard-to-kill allies and the undead (eg., Shadow Knights, Cryptspawn Tormentor, Der'kan etc..)

- Use Reserve Weapon only on the last durability of the Hammer and bring the Hammer back on the same turn. You don't want to lose them both for that extra damage, the games are usually long and you'd want your Hammer on the board for the entire length of the match.

- Be careful while sacrificing Dragon's Tooth, you only have one copy and its better to use it and send it to graveyard so you can retrieve it with Reserve Weapon at desperate times.

- Ter Adun's ability is very useful in this deck but you need to be vigilant. Most decks has that one key item that can spell destruction on you, so know your opponent and wait for it to show up (eg., The King's Pride, Portal, Infinity Core, Pride of the Yari, etc..)

- And finally, this is a neat little trick - When you draw All Hope is Lost in the late game, don't use it but save it, no one expects it in a Ter Adun deck, and when your opponent goes all in to finish you off, give them the element of surprise in the form of a fast and painful death. You can also use it to draw the ally that you've resurrected through Arthyle's Crypt on the same turn.

And that's the end of this very long write-up. Thanks for reading and hope you'll enjoy and have fun.

Coming Soon : ------ II - Lord of Destruction
    (You've probably guessed the theme by now)
    Last edited by AnuraqK; 10-10-2015 at 08:49 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh no, now I'll have to tech against stall/mill in qm!

Jokes apart, looks nice, congrats
    IGN: A1 Virpe
    Telegram: @virpe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks For The Reply

I Love Playing With Shadow Warriors. It's Sad That We Don't See Them Much In QM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    AHiL is not situational. It's the key to our salvation. It's 4 copies....or fail.

Scythe of Fate & AHiL has cured the world of the plague of hand-locking opponents...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    AHiL is not situational. It's the key to our salvation. It's 4 copies....or fail.

Scythe of Fate & AHiL has cured the world of the plague of hand-locking opponents...
    Heard a lot about you, man. Always seems to fall for the "mill" bait. No offense *pun intended*

AHiL is not the winning card here. It's there to save you when things don't go according to plan. Our goal is not to mill the opponent, milling here is just a byproduct of heavy stalling. You can always turn offensive and finish off your opponent.

But in a way, I have to agree, it is the key to our salvation. And 4 copies wouldn't hurt the deck much seeing that it only costs 1cc and acts as a cantrip.

Sometimes I wonder how Millstalker even survived without Scythe of Fate, but since those were his golden days, maybe we'll never know. You can also hand-lock against Ter Adun, that is if you don't mind getting smacked in the face every single turn with a hammer and not to mention an endless loop of Furrion Terrors.
    Last edited by AnuraqK; 10-10-2015 at 08:45 AM.