Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My 2nd purchase from SE and review from my first overall purchase

So my first order was a Call of the crystals booster box which I bought for $30 roughly the ordering was great and the process to ship was great. the only problem that I had was that I couldnt set the way it shipped so it was set to fedex which took around 2 weeks to deliver? which was painstakingly long for me but yeah once I got the box everything looked to be in great shape and the cards were relatively easy to open I wish there was an easier way to enter the SE codes as when you open a bunch punching in the code can take awhile. here are the pulls I got from the box

great pulls i'd say with Ogloth the glutton holo and the hero gwenneth truesight along with some other rare cards.
    the box opening here Part 1 and Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9cnBZ1vz5A

after a couple months or so and lots of shuffling I noticed the cards started to wear out a lot losing their edges (granted they've been wet once or twice) but originally they do pass the bend test but the cards are easy to scratch to where you can see scratch lines
    heres a pic showing the damage ive done with just mostly shuffling
    but yeah other then that the cards are great.

now on to my next purchase when I bought the first COTC box people had trouble getting their DP prophesies boxes but it seems to be fine so I pulled the trigger on the mega pack since i get to open 2 boxes and get sleeves to use so they dont get damaged more :P (i've only damaged the code cards though so its no biggie) I also ordered the Human warrior deck as from what I saw it has some needed cards for my IRL deck and it comes with a booster pack so why not. I didnt really see an english unboxing of the deck so was hard to see what really was in the box so I hope it has what I need otherwise great starter deck for friends/family. SO heres to another upcoming unboxing video and some great pulls I just dont want to wait another 2 weeks :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Granted, they got wet once or twice "
    What on earth do you expect to happen
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Wet? Someone's been fapping to Jas, lol

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Man, you really need some card sleeves! Glad you're getting some with your next order, and glad it's only the code cards that are damaged from shuffling - why are you shuffling them?

FYI: SE cards are printed by the same company that manufacture Magic: The Gathering (Cartamundi), but to a higher specification.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Wet? Someone's been fapping to Jas, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    "Granted, they got wet once or twice "
    What on earth do you expect to happen
    I drink water by my pc and some of it spilled and cards were there I tried to dry em off but meh and it wasnt like I soaked them in water XD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Man, you really need some card sleeves! Glad you're getting some with your next order, and glad it's only the code cards that are damaged from shuffling - why are you shuffling them?

FYI: SE cards are printed by the same company that manufacture Magic: The Gathering (Cartamundi), but to a higher specification.
    I like the feel of shuffling cards so I was like well I dont want to damage the real cards and ive got like a bunch of code cards so why not just use those and over time thats what happened to them XD though I think I forgot to add that when I did pull a holo the card was slightly curved. I've done research and it seems to be due to the heat and ive been slowly trying to get it back to normal without damaging the cards further

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadyfigures View Post
    I like the feel of shuffling cards so I was like well I dont want to damage the real cards and ive got like a bunch of code cards so why not just use those and over time thats what happened to them XD though I think I forgot to add that when I did pull a holo the card was slightly curved. I've done research and it seems to be due to the heat and ive been slowly trying to get it back to normal without damaging the cards further
    That happens to all foils unfortunately. Keep them in ultra pro hard back sleeves if you don't want it to happen
    Last edited by oggtheman; 10-06-2015 at 07:53 PM.
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    That happens to all foils unfortunately. Keep them in ultra pro hard back sleeves if you don't want it to happen
    yeah I heard you can also do top loaders also but I might order some of those too

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When I opened two Karlstrad (both in the same Meltdown game, great pack randomization!) one was slightly damaged straight out of the pack. Not badly, but noticeably so, with peeled edges slightly. Also I ended up with a few "freak" card sleeves, some of which were significantly too wide, so that you could see the edge of the pattern for the adjacent sleeve on the sheet, and one that was one and a half sleeves stuck together. When opening a CotC box, the same patterns would recur, resulting in a non-random distribution of mainly commons; like you would open a Fire Snake, Urgent Business, Brutalis, Fireball, Special Delivery in three packs in a row in that order.

Overall though I am satisfied with the quality of the cards, and, playing with sleeves, I notice no unusual wear. Maybe I should get my cards damp and hard shuffle them without sleeves to put some "veteran wear" on them.
    "Give me an ally, and I will fight beside them.
    Give me a friend, and I will fight before them."

- IGN -
    The Spectre

Physical pre-order of: Call of the Crystals - Dark Prophecies

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And kudos on the Oggie pull, by the way. Shiny.
    "Give me an ally, and I will fight beside them.
    Give me a friend, and I will fight before them."

- IGN -
    The Spectre

Physical pre-order of: Call of the Crystals - Dark Prophecies