Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bloodpack Shaman

I'm just curious what people think of Bloodpack Shaman now? With the 2.92 change, I was surprised to see virtually no complaining about what a horrible nerf it was. Likewise, I haven't seen anyone complain that it is completely OP now? This seems unusual for me, as every other change to the card has been met with some vitriol from someone.

Personally, I really like the change. I hated the BPS loop and thought it did nothing for the game in terms of strategy. Now I'm seeing some interesting plays with it. I played a few games with bloodfang the other day and really enjoyed the way I could use BPS as a toolbox helper to make sure I always had a key ally in hand. I've also noticed that BPS seems slightly better for Bloodfang than Moonstalker. Finally there's a card that serves Bloodfang over Moonstalker...

So I'm wondering about other's impressions...has BPS finally hit the right balance?
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haven't really played with it much myself yet, but overall I agree. I think by excluding it from targeting other copies of itself, but at the same time opening up beyond 3cc or below Wulvens helped solve a lot issues people had with it in the past. And as you say, it now serves Bloodfang a bit better because it can retrieve those higher cost Wulvens that Bloodfang specializes in.

So yeah, would definitely say good change, and has quite possibly taken him off that OP watch list.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Perfect Buff... Now I can loop my Tigers almost to infinity:-)

Looping Shamans was the most common mistake of MS players, now we can finally play... I agree with you guys.
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This was a change I been wanting for a long time. Albeit still with 3cc or lower, but it happened. I am sure other TCGs out there can show you how dangerous self-looping that is easily manageable or hard to break can be.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The change was great for Bloodfang. Now, it can bring back key allies like Griptooth and Soothjaw.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He really has been a big boost for Bloodfang.

Bloodfang is generally limited in ally choices for deck building because basically the majority of allies you want to use your ability are Unique. Uniqueness hurt sac choices because if you only packed 2 of a particular ally and sacked one early and then played the other, you can at least get 1 back with the new shaman which helps to strengthen deck goals revolving around allies.

****Vote new Bloodpack Shaman for President****
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the old Shaman was better for Bloodfang actually. At least in my deck I depended on overwhelming the oppenent. Still bringing back fatties is really nice

Assassin of the coming winter
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think spamming Bloodpack Shaman worked better with Moonstalker's ability.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with you. I don't know if the perfect balance was found, but just the fact it now fits better in Bloodfang decks than in Moonstalker decks is enough for me. Since the release of Shattered fates i was wondering when finally we will nerf it. That Blood Pack Shaman looping + moonstalker's ability + overwhelm was ridiculous.
    Messenger of the misty night
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The blood pack shaman definitely packs more value then its cost.
    It's actively a cantrip card with the added bonus of selecting the card required for your match + a 3/1 ally all for 2 cost.

A more balanced option would be for it to place the Wulven ally from the grave to the top of the deck.

The value of this card for its cost will mean that this it will be an auto include in all Wulven top tier decks. Given the current Wulven heroes and cards available, this card isn't game breaking.

I do like it's current ability, as bloodfang needed the assistance and to tone back moonstalker.