Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Spirit Warden Preventing "From Graveyard to Play"

Spirit Warden's Text Reads:

- Opposing players can't return allies from their graveyard to their hand.

Ghost Maker's Text Reads:

- When your hero damages another hero in combat while Ghostmaker is in play, the top ally from your graveyard is returned to play with 1 health.

--------

Meltdown Match: Alzorath v Ripper (video will be up on Monday - though you can check it out now if you want).

Warden is preventing "Graveyard to Play" not just "Graveyard to Hand" - bug due to incongruity with card text (Ghostmaker doesn't pass the card though the hand, therefore Warden should not disallow this).

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hiya.

I watched the replay.

The problem was that Contaminated Water was out. If you had played a 1HP Blake, it would have instantly died, right? Well, Ghostmaker brings back allies at 1HP, so they will instantly die too. Unfortunately, when Ghostmaker triggered, the game is showing the two zoomed attacker/defender cards at that time and you can't see the return of your ally and its immediate death in the background (or maybe it's not even animated). Had an opponent's Rampage been out, you would have seen them heal 2 damage for the dead opposing (your) ally.

Sorry for the confusion on this. I'm not sure if we are able to make this more user friendly, but I am confident Spirit Warden is not blocking Ghostmaker.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Advantage of going frame by frame (I have it recorded), no, it doesn't animate it (would show up if it did, since you would see a card flip through the background).

I still find the errata that Ghostmaker brings them back at "1 of 1 HP" instead of "1 of X HP" a bit rough at best :P (I can see why, it's just one of the few errata that's never clicked exceptionally well with me).

Anywhoozlewhatsit.... thanks for the catch there, I didn't even think about the dirty water.