Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Elementalis and Stardust Ampliflyer

Since recent card debates seem to have revolved around those affecting Elementalis, I would just like to say a few words regarding this hero and its signature card that just fell short of being playable.

Elementalis has a fragile ability. Fragile in the sense that you invest SE into a single ally, only to be faced with a countless amount of cards that can easily take care of said ally. So how do you give Elementalis a decent card that would not benefit the other elmentals? Stardust Ampliflyer! No serious player would use this card in Zaladar or Praxix decks. Stardust Ampliflyer lets you distribute your SE to your other allies.

So why isn't it being used? Stardust Ampliflyer is expensive and awkward to play. If you don't already have allies on the board, then playing it is a waste. On the other hand, if you already have a bunch of allies on the board then it will really shine, but since you already have a bunch of allies you are probably in a decent position anyway, which means you are probably not in dire need of it anyway.
    It can hit hard, but it can only hit once. Compare this to cheaper allies like Voracious Arachnid and Murderous Hulk, both of which are more popular targets of Elementalis' ability.

Since Elementalis is highly dependent on board presence to win, expensive allies are not attractive (even with Ampliflyer's ability) since they can't be spammed like cheaper allies (many of which match or even exceed Ampliflyer in terms of HP). What Stardust Ampliflyer needs to be is a cheaper ally. That way, you could at least play it together with another ally to buff both at the same time. I'd rather it be a 4 cc 2/6 ally, or maybe even a 3 cc 1/5 ally.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I already asked for it 2 years ago in PFG but design team seemed to bee too scared from a cheaper Amplifier; so I guess you just wasted a topic.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry, there's a new location coming out that will make amplifier easier to play

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds like a good suggestion Ness, especially as a t3 1/5. Could use it with some spamable weeny elemental allies that rarely see play-spark and the one that looks like a jelly fish- flare t3 amplifier then t4 play extractor. t5 maybe overwhelm... Might get ele allies working like a tribe for once, maybe with some new support cards or locations. Still no hope for Crystal Titan though...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I ran into a 315 rated praxix player that played them...the guy beat me too.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!