Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Crazy idea for balance changes 2.93

I got a simple idea for balance changes for 2.93, which will get minimum complaints from everyone - bring back all the op cards that we had in previous versions so people can make strong decks - Hamber, undead Moonstalker, discard Zaladar, Lance with 2cc CoF, aggro Mages with AoC without se penalty, Therbin with 1cc SotR, Ele & Prax with 3cc extractor, that annoying Jerry and I'm pretty sure I haven't listed everything.
    Almost every hero had it's five minutes of glory in one of the versions (except Raikka and Rothem, but who cares) and we could finally determine which op deck is most op.

Also with only buffs to cards you'll avoid the endless "boo-hoo you destroyed my favorite deck" crying at the forums, everyone will be able to play their favorite hero with best deck ever.

If any nerf is needed I propose to nerf players, namely A1 Fordfff. Someone already said that NBA makes special rules based on players and is SE worse than NBA? I don't think so. So 2.93 Fordff can have only 2 copies of each card and has to lose every 10th game.

If this doesn't make everyone happy, then I don't know what's wrong with you people.

Yeah, I'm open to invitation to design team.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love the creativity. A little naive to think you could ever get even only a few complaints.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The quantity of nerf threads alone would break the forum servers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hamber for president.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfff View Post
    The quantity of nerf threads alone would break the forum servers
    Nope, because those threads already exist. You just put them in one place and that's it

EDIT: here's an example - 21 pages of Hamber hate (truly one of the most broken decks ever). And I found three other threads about this:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ghlight=hamber
    Last edited by dejvo; 09-19-2015 at 05:42 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, but when you release this all at once on the unsuspecting masses, riots on the streets guaranteed. Sounds like fun times

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I seriously think this would be a good idea. I was actually thinking this myself, except I think it would be best to see it put on the test server.

Just as long as they don't forget everything

namely:

Thoughtripper's Cutlass being available for hunters
    Zailen Crusader as a 3/4
    Twilight Lifebringer being able to buff itself
    Aetherborn Wisp, Dagger of Fate, and all of the other Aramia and discard Zaladar nerfs
    Sword Thief's stats
    etc..

It would be so interesting to see how the game differs, but this would never actually happen. It'd take a lot of "unnecessary" work to put this just on the test server. Plus, if the players did actually overwhelmingly prefer the buffed version over the current version of the game, it would mean that a lot of hard work by the DT and PFG would have to go to waste, for SF and LL

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfff View Post
    Yes, but when you release this all at once on the unsuspecting masses, riots on the streets guaranteed. Sounds like fun times
    Even if the only 2.93 change would be that frying pan gets 2 durability, you would get 7 different thread asking for nerf. As Confucius said "No matter what you buff or nerf, people will always complain"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    I seriously think this would be a good idea. I was actually thinking this myself, except I think it would be best to see it put on the test server.

Just as long as they don't forget everything

namely:

Thoughtripper's Cutlass being available for hunters
    Zailen Crusader as a 3/4
    Twilight Lifebringer being able to buff itself
    Aetherborn Wisp, Dagger of Fate, and all of the other Aramia and discard Zaladar nerfs
    Sword Thief's stats
    etc..

It would be so interesting to see how the game differs, but this would never actually happen. It'd take a lot of "unnecessary" work to put this just on the test server. Plus, if the players did actually overwhelmingly prefer the buffed version over the current version of the game, it would mean that a lot of hard work by the DT and PFG would have to go to waste, for SF and LL
    I wrote this mostly as trolling idea, but honestly I would like to know which one of those superpowered deck would be the best. I feel like there's been a huge step in balance, some decks in past were truly broken. Maybe that's just memory playing tricks on me, because I wasn't as good as I am now

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    I wrote this mostly as trolling idea, but honestly I would like to know which one of those superpowered deck would be the best. I feel like there's been a huge step in balance, some decks in past were truly broken. Maybe that's just memory playing tricks on me, because I wasn't as good as I am now
    Exactly.. I think every one could agree that at the very least, it would be very fun to just try out all of the cards as they were before the nerfs. And who knows, perhaps more people would end up being more appreciative of the DT and the choices they make.. (even though there's only like, 2 people on the DT now)