Close

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Learned Hand View Post
    You might be interested in re-reading the second sentence of what you quoted, because you're wrong. All of the decks you mention here are built to counter Elementalis. Elementalis can easily beat every other kind of deck in the game. Elementalis beats those other decks in a very boring manner. That is a problem.

I want to see these many other kinds of decks, that are shut out by Elementalis, played more often. If Shadow Era is mostly rush decks, mages, priests and Elementalis, then the game is not living up to its full potential.
    The game will always be boring and unfun to the losing side. You find it boring and unfun to play against stall control. The next player finds it unfun and boring to be weenie rushed. The next player finds it boring and unfun to be burned to death. You'll rarely have it so both players are having an exciting fun game. Majiya and Priests were not made to counter Elementalis. Majiya is the dominant deck. Priests are used to counter her. Elementalis is no where in the equation.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is impossible to talk about this card without choking on the hyperbole. (<- see what I did there?)

The game is not littered with nerfed cards. The number of cards made worthless has been far exceeded by the number of cards made worthwhile. The game is not quickly becoming unpowered. Cards are not being nerfed left and right leaving nothing powerful in their wake.

Sheesh. Can't we talk about the problems with this card? With the new version of Mind Control? Without the extraneous exaggeration?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    MC is still really bad. It's one of those things which look good on paper, but don't work out. MC should be returned to either it's 1.24 form or the ally is exhausted when taken and the duration goes for 1 more turn to compensate. Transference also needs a buff. It should be returned to stealing from the hand but it's cost should be raised.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree, that Mc in 1.25 is powerfull. But change in 1.26 make from this card rubbish. Why can attack just on hero? Why can't choose your target? So many changes you can do, but you choose one, which is making from MC something i used to be MC, but now I am just expensive useless card wannabe MC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know Kyle wants to put out a new version soon, but I hope this card gets enough testing first, ideally by Calmdown as well as the rest of us.

Cards rarely pop full formed from the designers head, and should go through a play testing phase. Doubly so for computer games because of bugs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you should at least be able to still chose the target of the mind controlled unit. Damn, more than a nerf it's just a different much weaker card now. A more apt name for it would be "Confusion"

Oh well, at least I can sell off all my mind control cards before the iOS update hits, and the value plummets.
    Last edited by Pinback; 06-19-2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Typo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't know, I think the card is fine as it is right now. It's just that this card was so strong that it was the entire thing where elemental players were counting on. Now that's it less 'overpowered', elemental has become pretty weak.

Imo, mind control is fine, but Elemental need something extra now. Something to draw cards other than bazaar.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    I don't know, I think the card is fine as it is right now. It's just that this card was so strong that it was the entire thing where elemental players were counting on. Now that's it less 'overpowered', elemental has become pretty weak.

Imo, mind control is fine, but Elemental need something extra now. Something to draw cards other than bazaar.
    If mind control was reverted to it's original state it would have never been deemed OP.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post

The worst thing about the change is that it takes something that was interesting and dumbs it down. Was the renewal/mind control/sacrifice build over powered? Perhaps, but it was also an interesting synergy of cards, that is now simply gone and replaced with a new mind control that is more like a confused suicide bomber.

Mind control needed a nerf, not removal from the game. Which is what has been done, the new card is the same only in name.

Couple this with the other hits elemental cards have taken (mainly renewal) and elementalis' ability nerf (by way of MC) and I think we see a pretty heavy hit to the elemental class as a whole.

Just so it's noted, the renewal nerf I am not opposed to. But when viewed with the rest it's a pretty heavy blow.