Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hero pets

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice, I love the idea! It was something similar on my mind when I came up with the idea for this upcoming card. Wanted something that would "return" to me without taking defense damage and behave like, well, a pet!

Was that your intent with High Falcon? Basically like spell damage and pet would not take defense damage?
    Guild: Marksmen | Name/Game Center ID: Smerle

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Would be cool if a Hunter pet helped us with card draw as well (which Hunters lack).

Name: Direwolf Cub (ahem, got GoT on my mind )
    Card Type: Human Hunter Pet
    Cost: 2
    Stats: 0/1
    Effect: 2 Shadow Energy: Draw a card
    Flavour: Next time, fetch me my slippers!
    Guild: Marksmen | Name/Game Center ID: Smerle

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your hero protecting your pet and this prevents any allies from engaging in combat with your pet, this is my intended mechanic for how pets work. But your Hellhound is kinda similar to my pok--er pets.

Once you play High Falcon, like any other pet, if you have 1 resource available, you can feed it and with High Falcon, instantly use its ability since you have 1 Shadow Energy. "Dive" is just meant for flavour and has no real game effect. So High Falcon, you have to feed every round to attack but is permanently protected from ally attacks, while your Hellhound attacks for free, you have to pay to protect it but it's also shielded from hero attacks. Also, mine is more expensive. Overall, I think the two seem balanced.

EDIT: I only run 2 Gravedigger's Cloak and 2 Night Prowler in my Gwenneth deck and it seems to be enough for me. But yeah, some better drawing ability for Hunter would be nice. I like the flavour text for Direwolf Cub ^^.
    Last edited by AnAdolt; 04-27-2011 at 05:25 AM. Reason: add edit comment

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    "The hero protects their pet so enemy ally attacks(combat) can't target them."
    So everything from ally abilities, hero attack, hero ability, and Ability cards can target pets. Also including any future items that can do its own targeting.

There can be pets with symbiotic/parasitic effects, like a Vampire Bat or something. For pets in general, I think people generally adopt the idea of pets that you feed rather than parasitic pets.
    i understand that spells and abilities would work on them, that's why i think ele's and mages would have the easiest time.

the symbian/parasite suggestion was a stand alone, not to consider them as pets.

I also like the Hunter pet suggestion from Jarred. Flavor text is quite funny.
    - it's so blatantly obvious i'm gonna win that they usually quit. =(. i feel like i have to hold back so they won't leave.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Name: Spy Monkey
    Card Type: Rogue Pet
    Cost: 2
    Stats: 0/2
    Effect: 3 Shadow energy: Look at the top 2 cards of your opponent's deck. Put one on top of his deck and the other at the bottom.
    Flavor: "Eeeeek!"

Name: Mangy Mutt
    Card Type: Rogue Pet
    Cost: 1
    Stats: 0/1
    Effect: 2 Shadow energy: Put a blank card on top of the opponent's deck.
    Flavor: "Bad dog!"

Note: The idea behind this is the same as a dog doings its business on someone else's yard; it leaves behind unwanted stuff. A blank card is only good as a resource.
    Last edited by niknokmanok; 04-27-2011 at 02:42 PM.
    No one is immune to the power of motivation.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha, I like the two pets. Their effects seem pretty good, maybe too good for their cost; Mangy Mutt's in particular. I dunno, that's just from outlooks though. Would have to try it out to really see.